Putter Grip Recommendations

Shankopotamus

I've been using standard Iomic putter grips for the past few seasons. But I recently tried a Super Stroke Slim Lite and kinda liked it. The thicker, non-tapered design felt comfortable enough for me to want to try a bigger grip. However, the visual design of the Super Stroke doesn't suit me. At first I thought the Iomic Absolute could be my solution, but from what I've read, the Absolute has a pretty severe, pistol grip like taper, and I'm not a big fan of pistol grips. Any other putter recommendations out there? Doesn't have to be a thick/wide grip. Could be standard size.

the absolute doesnt have a huge pistol its a bit tapes, but only small.

i changed to that lasrt yr and have pretty much nothing else on mune now, its much less angular than the old model and much easier i nthe hands.

its a lot less tapered than the leather gripmaster.

i swpped over to the slim line then swapped back.

had the slimline on my yamada razor. then usedthe absolute.

the slim line is round ,the absolute is rounded square

Ive always been a big fan of the Cameron Baby-T grip, even though Im not much of a Cameron fan. To me its just a great feeling grip. Personally, Im not a big fan of the larger putter grips. I certainly understand the idea that it takes the wrists out of the stroke but Ive tried a few of the larger Superstroke grips and I always felt like it totally killed the feel.

alsmot thesame as me, u remeberthe frst one they came out withthe screw in one and it wa a hrd plastic?

i mucked around withthat on a naswerstyle HM adn itworks a treta , funily tho the other rounded one dont.

weird..!

tried almost everything out there...... these are MY opinions.

Superstroke slim - too fat, don't really get on with larger grips, i .like to swing the putter, these seem to inhibit a swing.

Iomic mid. - too fat, not really sure of the 'greasy' polymer based feel.

Iomic normal. - nOt tried it p, but see above.

PiNGMAN PP. - good, very good .but a little tooo slim, maybe fatten with extra layers of base tape.

GP Tour trad. - current gamer, perfect size, naturalish rubber, cheap,

SC Pistolini. - feels food in the store but have not installed one (yet)

WINN - varioqus, like the tackiness but prefer pistol shapes....

MUZIK. - Feel is a little strange, kimda too dry, sorta papery

Want to try Elite/Etile but cannot find anyone that carries them.

Always looking..... always looking, the perfect grip is gotta be out .There????

Guest kbeasley

I really enjoyed the IOmics, but found out through trial and error that I need a bigger,chunkier grip. Have been gaming these http://www.ustmamiya.com/golf_grips/products.aspx?id=6 (in midsize) the last year and they have helped me get quiet in the hands and forearms. Made a big difference in how well i maintain the face of the putter thru the stroke.

Of course, getting fitted for a putter that is proper for me made a huge difference. Would recommend doing that FIRST, figure out the grip situation after ...

Dance With Dragon is my grip of choice these days - superb feel with a little more width than the Iomic to help me from turning my left wrist over during impact and pulling everything left.