new Epon irons.... RF-551

coops1967

Mine were the 50th Anniversary edition and they were soft and a great blade if I remember correctly. Gonna have to give them a hit again and compare to the Personals...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no the perosnals were lent to me by a friend for a try out.

the asking price on these was HUGE.

theyd been reshafted with DG tour issue nad they were unplayable IMO.

i took the yamaha tour as a control , the differnce was . well ....................grand canyon esque.

i promise you ud be spewing if u hit these. i was flabbergasted..

look up my old post o nthem see what i said, i cant rem , but it was horrrid AND ithink it was in mid summer(?)

found the post undr HOGAN IRONS in july 21

well.......................,

"last night i played the 2-5-7-9 pw in these

alonside my yamaha tours with x 100s

i must have hot 80+ balls with these, bec i couldnt beleive what iwas feeling , i must have repalced the golf balls with marballs.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

how do i describe this without staring world war 4

utter, total, complete rubbish............................

these are the WORST feeling cubs i have ever ever hit in my life.

if u remeber when u were a kid and u got the unhittable 3 iron for $3 from a used bin at the local pro shop?

i certianly do.

it felt like bolts of lightning and thunder shooting up yr arms wehn u didnt hit hte dead centre

well these are WORSE.

they feel like they weight 3 tons each have NO aerodynamics what so ever . i felt like i was hitting a sleeper with an anvil attached to it

i dont know what those guys on WRX are going on about being the best forged iron ever made ,( not kidding) they must be chasing the dragon..

hideous.

one more reason to stay J .

thank GAWWWWD i ddint buy them

the wedges tho...... almost al dente...!"

{do i need quotation marks if im quoting myself? }

Mine were the 50th Anniversary edition and they were soft and a great blade if I remember correctly. Gonna have to give them a hit again and compare to the Personals...

looking forward to this. the 1999's were the first golf clubs i ever "wanted"...but having just graduated college i couldn't afford a bucket of range balls not to mention a set of irons.

supo, i just always wanted a set of those. guess i'm justa sucker for Hogan gear similar way many here are for Epon. from your old post it sounds i might actually like them because they are firm and heavy. i have MG5003 in my bag and absolutely love them and i know from your posts you kinda hate them. mine are plastered with lead tape so much you probably would call it blasphemy. i think 5003 should be way more forgiving than Hogan Personals tho as Personals are modeled after old Precision model from the 50s. they pop up on ebay every now and then but rarely used sets. usually brand new in a special box and people ask unreasonable money for them because brand new they are collectors item or such. anyway, sorry for getting offtopic here people.

no the perosnals were lent to me by a friend for a try out.

the asking price on these was HUGE.

theyd been reshafted with DG tour issue nad they were unplayable IMO.

i took the yamaha tour as a control , the differnce was . well ....................grand canyon esque.

i promise you ud be spewing if u hit these. i was flabbergasted..

look up my old post o nthem see what i said, i cant rem , but it was horrrid AND ithink it was in mid summer(?)

i think they look bloody lovely.... id neve seen the 501s before. these immediatly caught my eye.

yea great idea by EPON IMO.. i dont think it cheapens the brand 1 iota, i think it opens the OS market to a qulity golf club .

no drama there what so ever.

imagine .................................................,

IF the HOGAN apex irons from 1999 ( that every WRX er swears is the greatest iron ever made................)

were re-released , epon style, by say..... EPON...

how do u think they would go?

PERSONALLY................................ id think they go absolutely fricken awsomely...!

actually, i think the epon personals are a re-release of the apex 50's from 2003-2004. scarily similar!

979BF2FF-117B-4E50-9486-CC4199871F12-91-000000338A5C8ACF.jpg

actually, i think the epon personals are a re-release of the apex 50's from 2003-2004. scarily similar!

979BF2FF-117B-4E50-9486-CC4199871F12-91-000000338A5C8ACF.jpg

Why do you still have plastic on those?

That is the set I have, just been used... I think if Supo would've hit those might have been a different report, then again maybe it was the shaft...

ill try and grab the photo of them, nothing like these at all.

seriously i rem just hitting both of the clubs side by side and was just in aamznement of how bad the hogans were. the shafts were spretty spot on tour issue DG VS x100s...

and it was in middle of summer so the ball was expanded hot nad easy to hit..

i was like what the hell?????

but im telling ya it was like the worst thing id ever hit....

those bottom hogans, sholly schmokes, they are almost the epons . or rather the epons are almost them!

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/topic/30884-hogan-irons/page__st__12

heres the original post... july last yr..,

Great to see more Epon overseas. I'm sure the quality and performance will bring more recognition to Epon and we will be seeing their clubs many more bags! It's more affordable pricing will blow alot of competitors away!

just bought a nice set of hogan 1999's of the bay for $159!

stew...for that kind of price you might have to put some of these to the test!!

just bought a nice set of hogan 1999's of the bay for $159!

stew...for that kind of price you might have to put some of these to the test!!

lemme know what u think.

Now this brings back good memories and tears (of pain)!

My father has always been a Mac Gregor and Hogan blade Man. And I learned with his Hogan Directors then got hooked and felt compelled to get a set of Apex which I still have to this day. (to my wife's despair). I agree with Stew and Ant. The Apex were firm, hard, unforgiving and crisp. Not everyone's cup of tea but that's what I liked at that time.

Then discovered Miura and Kyoei relagating the apex to collect dust but that's another story!...

photo-1-6.jpg

photo-6.jpg

mine arrived. they are stunning in person. the finish is like a black smoke. how i wish

all epon irons came in this finish i would pay extra. satiny light gun metal!!

i have a stiff and a regular for my dad to test out. wish we had more options on shafts

but il take it!

They look better than the AF line of CB's. Very nice Carlo. Enjoy.

they certainly do. the finish is just unreal sort of a pearl-ized black satin finish.

i love it! certainly the best finish i have seen in an iron to date. these would look

awesome with kbs smoke tinted shafts.

im digging the hi tech finish more than my chocolate covered coppers

This finished should be in the AF Tour and Personal MB

Absolutely stunning.....

C, if the R flex doesn't work out for your dad, I could take it. I have given my own 501 to my son.