MONACCO VS MODUS 3 (DP prototypes x )

supo

had to know..

built a set of the modus3 protos the (DP ) with the epon perosnals.

after hiting jeffs at the range and having the lies all completely wrong and still hitting htem so well i thought i have to know for myself with my shafts ............,

well i figured i shud just give these a whirl to make sure the monaccos are the best for the heads.

thats what i do.

the modus 3. (dp) are higher , noticeably higher than the monaccos. and id say prob 1/2 club shorter.

the flight is very steep take off to a point then it (can) take off agan then drop on a pin head.

they are UBER accurate. they are pin seekers. these are the crem dle a crem of performance shafts ive hit.

they have a sepcific flex point thats noticeable. i love that. when u cream one oh brother it feels so damn good.

i hit a career 7 iron on sat and saw everything that exemplifies these shafts. they are at the very top end of perferoamnce in shaft design. the ball landed 1 foot over a bunker form 171 yards. mashed the 7 iron it rose,, rose agn drropped nad rolled 2 feet to 3 feet. form the cup. cud not have done that with another shaft!

the accuracy and precision i get with these are precious. they are def shorter tho. and they arnt a stiff in the scoring irons (8-9-pw) as id like. but 3-7 i think these are mint. they acan be played in everything without a problem bec ithe 2-6 dont really move much they are pretty dead straighters. these are all about accuracy . pin point accuracy. not length

i cud kep these shaft in these heads and never need, want another club ever again.

but thats not me.............................!

COMPARISON TO MONACCO....

the monaccos i think are a more over softer easier FEELING ride than the DPS. , the kick point is alot harder to distinguish and a lot softer, more flat kick point , where as the DPS are pinpoint o nhe bend. the flight is lower overall but in the scoring irons this is where these babies step up a gear..... they get noticebaly stiffer , lower and punchier and i feel i have a great ability to hit down harder on the ball with a HIGHER lofted club and get these to move signicicantly after landing

i can get more movement on the grens after landing with these shafts than anything else ive tried so far. which i love. these are clearly my best irons so far for scoring. even on hardpan links greens these shafts perform perfectly(.although not as good as the dps) the outer irons eps the 3 and 4 are perfect for controlling the ball and not "loosing it " .

im not gonna say which is better bec they are totally diffent types of shafts. the only similarity i can find is they both fit i n the same head!

the mons are def better for playing in torid conds, but the DPS are prob better for flat conds.

not gonna tray and split these . they both are great shafts. depending on what u like to play.

quick summary

overall i think the DPS (Modus) are more exact but easier to miss.

the monaccos are all round easier but not as exact.

car anoalogy....

DPS are the formula one of shafts. theatical, finicky, ubersharp

MONACCOS are the monster nascars. thumping big v12 . all trouser . no mouth...!

Thanks so much Stew. Great insight into these shafts.

Hmmm with all this talk on Monacos, I'm thinking of picking up a set to see what's the fuss about?? I saw in Fairwaygolf USA got a set for sale at USD320...

COnfuse...confuse...confuse....

I like the precision of F1 over the grunt of NASCARs so I have to try the modus first :)

if u can get these .. then the stronger player will prob aPPRECIATE the monacco better,

the modus will 100% suit the less aggressive guy better.

the modus for the generL populus tAkes some equaling

i cant wait to try both! jusr bought them..

Please post your findings ASAP!!! I'm very intrigued. I have the Monaco's waiting for heads but I'm also looking for the Nippon Modus and SPB so I can have options to play with and find the best fit for me.

Hey Vincent, if u let the modus go pls let me know.

Hey Vincent, if u let the modus go pls let me know.

No problems mate. If i head down to Sydney Ill let you knwo. still waitin gfor them to arrive.