Top Posters In This Topic

I've only tried a limited number of irons, but here ya go;

Yamaha

Epon

Srixon

Miura

MD Golf

Here are my 5 fwiw:

PRGR (most underrated forged irons on the planet, great design for "diggers")

ONOFF

Epon

Tourstage

Mizuno (nothing wrong with Mizzys)

Plenty more out there I've yet to try - Romaros look the goods!

Would be great if OP can summarize the choices of TSG members here :tsg_smiley_heart:

yamaha, miura and epon are among the top 5 in jut about everyones list..no crazy love??

Crazy is new to the iron game, give it a few more years as it isn't one of their

Core strengths as ofnthe moment.

Its amazing how many golfers choose Miura considering they are not even close to a top brand here in Japan. They have done quite a marketing job overseas and outside of Japan. I am sure they make great irons and wedges but in my opinion design wise and technology wise they don't match up to many of the brands today. And that is just my opinion as Miura does not have the same mystique here in Japan as they do outside of it.

If brands:

Yamaha

Epon

Mizuno

Yururi

Tourstage

If actual manufacturers

Endo

Endo

Mizuno

Kyoei

Endo

Not ranked but if you consider other FORGED irons:

Callaway = Endo

Titleist = Endo

RC = Endo

ONOFF = Endo

Srixon = Srixon

Romaro = Kyoei

Kyoei Zestaim = Kyoei

PRGR = Endo

Fourteen Athlete Models = Endo

Honma = Endo

Crazy = Kyoei

Its amazing how many golfers choose Miura considering they are not even close to a top brand here in Japan. They have done quite a marketing job overseas and outside of Japan. I am sure they make great irons and wedges but in my opinion design wise and technology wise they don't match up to many of the brands today.

OK. I'll bite. In my limited knowledge of the Japanese market, players over there are, as a general rule, are extremely interested in technology, graphics, marketing, and things that don't always, if ever, improve performance. It seems that after reading many forums that are probably fewer players there that are only interested in how it performs and are able to perceive many small differences in clubs such as ball flight, accuracy, consistency. Maybe there, as here in the U.S. as well with Taylor made, etc., the majority of players prefer to discuss the attributes of their newest and shiniest offset, cavity-backed, multi-metal-infused irons. Not trying to flame, but Miura sticks with proven, simple designs that work but aren't flashy and high-tech. Not that one's better, I like tech too, but it's no surprise to me that Miura is not more popular there, or here for that matter. Kinda like Hogan back in the day here, not many played it, and it was considered traditional and outdated, but the ones who did said nothing was better. They tried to get more modern, but it just wasn't in their DNA. Same with Miura. If they start cramming other metals into their irons or using "power slots" or something, then I'll know their days are numbered.

Its amazing how many golfers choose Miura considering they are not even close to a top brand here in Japan.

Which is bigger in Japan, Epon or Miura?

What is interesting in your write up is many things you point out as flaws Miura claims as benefits...

In full disclosure I did have Miura in my top 5 and have enjoyed playing them immensely. The impetus to switch was to move to conforming clubs, not a dissatisfaction with them. When I started that process I knew what Miura feel was and wanted to compare to other stuff...

Edited so as not to get banned.

Edited by Miuramaniac

No problemo, and I'm glad they work the best for you. I do like many of Miura's products I just take issue with what the U.S side spins as truth. Great marketing on their part I guess.

MB5003, CB1007, WMF-06, & MB500WB are the products I have tried recently and they all perform very well.

From what I've read, I'm not sure anyone's been able to disprove their "spin".

It's common knowledge in Japan. Miura Giken says they don't own the Amaji factory while Miura USA says they do.

Public records from the town registry show clearly that they don't. As for the 2D vs 3D, thats common knowledge for all foundries in China, Taiwan & Japan.

Chris, you are entitled to your opinion and even though you edited the original post it was done in a respectful manner. No need to have changed it.

I do agree with MiuraManiac, although with much less vim and vinegar about the results garnered with their clubs...

Also, when I have visited the Miura Japan website, they seem to flaunt their process as much as the US side does. They view it as a differentiator/strength, you and brands you refer to see it as a weakness. Owning the forging house is somewhat irrelevant to the equation however lying about it is ethically and legally questionable.

Every company I have worked for has competitors that try to poke holes in the products my employers have made. Why would the golf industry be any different in that regard. True or not customers of those product make a choice on which "spin" to align with. There is truth and untruth on both sides of most arguments...

Much like following a sports team, getting too charged up over something as arbitrary as your brand of choice or team allegiance, unless you work there or play for the team is pointless as you have no real impact on the product/outcome...