Advice on Ryoma reshaft.....

daamartin

After a wrist injury earlier this year and a period of too much work, I've been playing a lot more golf lately. Pretty sure my driver swing speed is increasing and unfortunately the Ryoma/ FEX Proto 75s is starting to feel a bit soft now and flight looks too spinny....

I have an old original Crazy Red 80 7.4 in a Yamaha 410V head which is at the limits of what I can prevent "leaking right" (in that setup)......but boy does it keep spin down and fly/runout well.

From what I understand, the shaft insertion depth in the Ryoma is quite shallow (ie tip of the shaft finishes further from the ground??), so you can play a stiffer shaft than you might be able to play in say a typical Yamaha driver head - is this correct?

I am tempted to give the Crazy shaft a go in the Ryoma, but don't want to go but-trimming such a good shaft if it's not going to work!!

Any prior learnings y'all could share would be appreciated

Thanks

D

Don't know the answer, but couldn't you build it with a Crazy shaft but set SW based on a choked down grip and give it a whirl that way?

doc dazza....,

the crazy red in 7.4 might make this feel a bit "dull"

if that is working fine in the 410.. leave it...!

ive hit plenty of shafts in the ryoma and the stand outs are the crazy cb80 ls noir my (current shaft at 44.875 inch) THE best match, just got the head sltightly heavier and improved the performance of this driver dramatically.

GD p9003x (current driver in OZ ) at 44.5 inch perfect..... perfect .. perfect... heavy straight controlled.

the diamana stinger.. gets the ball higher nad makes htis head feel just awsome . might be better feel than the ls noir.. certianly not worse.

the quadra fire express 75 s should be perfect as well, higher launch will make htis head sing.

roddio shingo spec (09) , for the slower swinger THIS is no 1 , my mate picked up 20+ yards CONSISTANTLY with this set up at 46.75 inch is SS would be 100 tops. porb more like mid 90s.

he kills htis set up.. kills it.

stay away for mthe diamana X .. i have so far.. ,

unless u got 10.5 * ...

IMO the coupling of 2 lowies will kill any carry.

the crazy sigma was too much bananna with head at 202. too heavy . not enough head speed.

great feeling tho . maybe in 198 and lower head weight htis would be terrific. bec this shaft goes high.

Thanks for the sage advice! - I have a P9003x and an AXIV V series shaft lying about - I know both will drop the spin down, so I'll see how these frequency out and leave the Crazy in the Yammie (yep it does feel good!)

Cheers

D

After a wrist injury earlier this year and a period of too much work, I've been playing a lot more golf lately. Pretty sure my driver swing speed is increasing and unfortunately the Ryoma/ FEX Proto 75s is starting to feel a bit soft now and flight looks too spinny....

I have an old original Crazy Red 80 7.4 in a Yamaha 410V head which is at the limits of what I can prevent "leaking right" (in that setup)......but boy does it keep spin down and fly/runout well.

From what I understand, the shaft insertion depth in the Ryoma is quite shallow (ie tip of the shaft finishes further from the ground??), so you can play a stiffer shaft than you might be able to play in say a typical Yamaha driver head - is this correct?

I am tempted to give the Crazy shaft a go in the Ryoma, but don't want to go but-trimming such a good shaft if it's not going to work!!

Any prior learnings y'all could share would be appreciated

Thanks

D

Prior learning? Don't use the term 'work' around your missus! I made that mistake once....