Aerotech shafts?

Miuramaniac

Anybody have experience playing both the stiff and regular i95? I'm thinking of doing the regular for my everyday gamers and stiff for windier days. Is the ball flight a fair amount lower on the stiffs?

not notieceable. the regulars are easier to load but flight the same.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time you sell yours Vinc..... bring em back home and I will take em off your hands

okayyyy ill bring them back home this summer! When will you be in KL?

okayyyy ill bring them back home this summer! When will you be in KL?

Will be in KL from the 19 to 23 Dec....you around then?? Yours is i95 or i110?? Can't recall now...

Will be in KL from the 19 to 23 Dec....you around then?? Yours is i95 or i110?? Can't recall now...

I cant rmb either, i think its i110. I THINK! have to check tonight!

not notieceable. the regulars are easier to load but flight the same.

This^^^

I've played both and barely notice the difference. For me there's more FEEL with the regulars, but that's just me.

Are you guys shafting the Aerotechs at the same length as steel or 1/2" longer?

i started with my i125's at 1/2" over standard 38" 5iron and they played beautifully. however i didn't like having one set in my rotation at odd lengths compared to all the rest and butt cut them down to standard. they still play quite well but it definitely turned stiff into x.

i've often wondered if the reason most people claim they play stiffer than stated flex is because they have them finished to standard length...

Edited by chiromikey

After reading all the wonderful reviews, I finally ordered the i95 in Reg for my 502 to replace PXi. Can't wait.... grrr.. Hope it's not too stiff if I cut to standard length or should I soft step?

After reading all the wonderful reviews, I finally ordered the i95 in Reg for my 502 to replace PXi. Can't wait.... grrr.. Hope it's not too stiff if I cut to standard length or should I soft step?

Precisely my setup...you will love em. And they look cool as well:)

Anyone have experience with the aerotech player spec shafts? They are designed to be lighter (95g) in the long irons and they get heavier all the way to the wedge (110g).

How about the "players spec" ami99 model? Seems like a perfect compromise to get a bit lower flight in the short irons?

I game the "players spec" ami99 model in my Srixon Pro100 and also game i95 (#3-6) and i110 (#7-P) in my Miura Baby Blades and can't really tell the difference in flight, feel or weight.....

The player series starts from 3 iron shaft at 96g (I think) and increase 2g each shaft until the PW at around 110g. The Player series are their newer model (I believe) and cost more too :-(

I like the Player series more (apart from price) or you can do what I did, get a mixture of i95 and i110 and use similar concept with heavier shafts for the short irons.

Well some people say they play 1/2 to 1 flex firmer but IMO they play true to flex. This could be that the butts are stiff (mmm why it feels funny writing this).

I used to play Modus 3 (stiff) and I find it a little too soft to flex for me (maybe should hard step once) and C-Taper stiff which I find similar to Aerotech stiff but better trajectory and feel from aerotech.... Could be also the weight and stability of shaft that don't make Aerotech feels overly stiff. However in saying that, I've not played a softer flex in Aerotech (maybe I will love it even more lol) but I can handle the stiff for now.

For reference, Matt Kucher plays i95 (stiff) and Snedeker plays i110( X)

Hope that helps...

Edited by EdGolf

I got a set of aerotech (#3-P) coming and will shaft them in my Yamaha and will see how the i95 plays in the shorter irons as compare to i110

Seems that the Steelfibers are pretty good value at around 40 dollars per shaft? Almost the same price as regular steel shafts

Great value and I'm surprise not more people have tried them. I think the thing is people are scare once they hear it's a graphic shaft.

Seems that the Steelfibers are pretty good value at around 40 dollars per shaft? Almost the same price as regular steel shafts

that wasn't always their price! ;)

I just did a fitting at Club Champion Chicago for a set of shafts to put in some personals, and I ended up getting fit into the aero tech i110 stiff hard stepped to bring ball flight down. Was swinging well today and averaging 89 mph with my 6 so good to see my ss numbers climbing back to normal after the injuries to the shoulder and wrist. I take back everything I ever said about the Aerotechs. I hit everything and I'm a believer.

As a side note, do not I repeat do not be tempted to hit the rocketbladez It will make you question everything. Say what you want about TM and I hate them as much as anyone but those things are gonna make a lot of people much better golfers overnight. Never seen anything like them.

After reading this thread I'm tempted to try these. Anyone know where they demo/sell these in the UK?

Look for pulls.... that what cheap guy like me do. I'm still looking for them as i still got another three set of irons I wanna shaft them in.