Aerotech shafts?

Miuramaniac

Pulls can be hard to find on these and be careful that when you do find them that they were pulled properly or they can be damaged. $350 shipped a set isn't terrible but if you can't try them I can see the hesitance. My only regret is not giving them a fair shake sooner.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did a fitting at Club Champion Chicago for a set of shafts to put in some personals, and I ended up getting fit into the aero tech i110 stiff hard stepped to bring ball flight down. Was swinging well today and averaging 89 mph with my 6 so good to see my ss numbers climbing back to normal after the injuries to the shoulder and wrist. I take back everything I ever said about the Aerotechs. I hit everything and I'm a believer.

Just what I needed to hear. Considering swapping out my stiff Monacos for regular i95 aerotechs in my personals but don't want to do so without getting more than a couple rounds in with the Monacos. With weather starting to really suck, this experiment may have to wait until next season. Thus far the Monacos have been deadly accurate but I'm guessing I would get more distance from the i95's. unsure

Just what I needed to hear. Considering swapping out my stiff Monacos for regular i95 aerotechs in my personals but don't want to do so without getting more than a couple rounds in with the Monacos. With weather starting to really suck, this experiment may have to wait until next season. Thus far the Monacos have been deadly accurate but I'm guessing I would get more distance from the i95's. unsure

we're talking irons...do you really want to possibly give up "deadly accurate" for "more distance"?

we're talking irons...do you really want to possibly give up "deadly accurate" for "more distance"?

Well said and very much my philosophy on irons in general....who gives a crap about distance if you have accuracy? That being said, would love to see how the personals play with the Aerotechs without pulling apart and reshafting my entire set of irons. I guess I could source a single aerotech and just replace one shaft and see how that goes.

Speaking of dispersion, with Aerotech 110s I hit 6 balls in a row that never wavered from the centerline of the crosshairs in the simulator and had a distance +- dispersion of 2.7 yards. I thought something was wrong so I hit a hard cut and put a 20 yard fade on it, pretty much what I expected based on the contact. Hit another one straight and perfectly aligned on the centerline again. I would say it was a calibration issue if the Trackman didn't pick up the draws and fades and mis**ts as accurately as it did. I was nearly sold based on the feel alone...that series of shots sealed the deal for me. For my game, straight and accurate is good!

Off by 2.7 yards?? You need to work on your game buddy:) and yes, as I've said for a while now aerotechs are THAT good!

Well it made a huge difference getting the shaft and length and SW dialed in perfectly for one thing. For another thing we settled on the rocketbladez head to do that testing with so we could eliminate head/contact variance and focus solely on shaft differences because the rocketbladez head is...just unreal as far as ease of use, distance consistency, etc. So I chalk up those incredibly consistent shots more to the club head and shaft rather than my skill. At first I was hitting a Titleist CB but wasn't getting along with it enough to get good info from the session. Once we went to rocketbladez head I could just hit one perfect one after another and let the shaft differences do the talking. Really worked well. Once we got the shaft perfectly dialed in, we went back to player CB and blades and my contact had improved immensely. I was even hitting an MP-69 well. Tell ya what, and laugh all you want, but if I had a match tomorrow with a lot of money on the line, I'd be playing Rbladez and Aerotech. Great for the score, tough on the eyes/soul.

No they're cast out of soft carbon 1018 Unobtainium.

Seriously if the Gloire line comes out with a forged players version I will be on it like Oprah on a pancake.

Get ready everyone for MBBG's JDM fire sale once he gets his hands on a set of RocketBlades Tour!!!

I have dibs on the RomaRo heads!

I keeeed I keeeed :tsg_smilie_smile2:

I just did a fitting at Club Champion Chicago for a set of shafts to put in some personals, and I ended up getting fit into the aero tech i110 stiff hard stepped to bring ball flight down. Was swinging well today and averaging 89 mph with my 6 so good to see my ss numbers climbing back to normal after the injuries to the shoulder and wrist. I take back everything I ever said about the Aerotechs. I hit everything and I'm a believer.

ah the veil has been lifted. a new convert joins the fold!

i need a set of heads so i can use my aerotechs! they are just sitting in the bag

with another set of nippon protos.

monacos rf551 combo is just too good to break up. will have to get me some heads!

Get ready everyone for MBBG's JDM fire sale once he gets his hands on a set of RocketBlades Tour!!!

I have dibs on the RomaRo heads!

I keeeed I keeeed :tsg_smilie_smile2:/>

The vultures are circling already!?!?!?

Hell I've got 2 months to completely change my mind 6 different times!

Just shaft up my Yamahas with Aerotech i95. My other sets are shaft with Player series and another set is mix i95 and i110 for the shorter irons. One thing I notice is Player series increase n 2g weight each shaft is nice while playing all i95 for long irons are lovely but can hit moon balls with the shorter irons, especially #9 and P if not careful.

aero tech shafts recieved. .............taking with me............ prob. going into the personals!

I think you're crazy for breaking up the Personals and Monaccos....

but I am curious how the the aero's will compare

Just shaft up my Yamahas with Aerotech i95. My other sets are shaft with Player series and another set is mix i95 and i110 for the shorter irons. One thing I notice is Player series increase n 2g weight each shaft is nice while playing all i95 for long irons are lovely but can hit moon balls with the shorter irons, especially #9 and P if not careful.

Nice feedback Ed! I'll try the Players Spec as soon as i got one in my Yamaha '12 Tourmodel.

Never have that issue on the short iron with the Miura BB.

Nice feedback Ed! I'll try the Players Spec as soon as i got one in my Yamaha '12 Tourmodel.

Never have that issue on the short iron with the Miura BB.

I also prefer the Player series....

A couple of comparisons needed guys: can anyone compare feel and ball flight between Modus 3/Aerotech and GD Tour AD 95 or 115/Aerotech?

I'm interested in changing my Modus 3 Tour 120 'X' flex for a set of either Aerotech 110i 'X' flex or the Graphite Design Tour AD 95 or 115 in 'S' or 'X'.

A couple of comparisons needed guys: can anyone compare feel and ball flight between Modus 3/Aerotech and GD Tour AD 95 or 115/Aerotech?

I'm interested in changing my Modus 3 Tour 120 'X' flex for a set of either Aerotech 110i 'X' flex or the Graphite Design Tour AD 95 or 115 in 'S' or 'X'.

Actually Modus 3 and Aerotech feel somewhat similar and have similar ball flight. Strong launch but maybe a bit higher, soft feel. Aerotech will player stiffer to flex than Modus 3. Aerotech a bit longer and more vibration absorption. But both are a great feel shaft with strong mid-high ball flight. Aerotech slightly better dispersion for me too. If cost were no option I would go Aero for sure but depending on actual cost differences the incremental improvements over the M3 may not be worth it to some.

bro the aerotech 110 in x

will feel miles boardier than your 120 modus x.

i find the tour 120 in x more like a true x.

now the aerotechs in i110 in s freakin feels like a px 6.5. seriously

the thing is taut as can be. id break my back to try it in x

bro the aerotech 110 in x

will feel miles boardier than your 120 modus x.

i find the tour 120 in x more like a true x.

now the aerotechs in i110 in s freakin feels like a px 6.5. seriously

the thing is taut as can be. id break my back to try it in x

Proof that feel is so subjective to individuals. I don't think the i110S feels anything near as stout as a PX 6.5 or a C-Taper. Lot of people say Aerotechs play stiff, but I guess I don't notice it. An i110S falls between modus S and X to me.

Some people love C Tapers and I hate them. To each their own. It's all in how you load the shaft and what feel you're looking for.

Proof that feel is so subjective to individuals. I don't think the i110S feels anything near as stout as a PX 6.5 or a C-Taper. Lot of people say Aerotechs play stiff, but I guess I don't notice it. An i110S falls between modus S and X to me.

Some people love C Tapers and I hate them. To each their own. It's all in how you load the shaft and what feel you're looking for.

you are correct. its the loading that counts.

i did not care for c tapers.

the i95s feels exactly the same as my monacos in s.

WHILE the modus 3 feels like a whippy belt compared to my monacos in s.

the aerotechs in i110s remind me of a SP blue in sx

I just tried Gian11's i95 in R in his baby blades and it held well and was quite impressed.

Would love to try a Aerotech in regular flex one of these days so can compare the stiffness