New Epon Products - My Impressions - RF551 AF103 EHR

gocchin

I just wish epon could come up with a proper blade. If they really are purists at heart why not give what many purists demand?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saw the 103 driver today at Golfcraft ( and my new copper 210 wedge ;-). )

Compared to the 102 it is a bit longer heel to toe, and shorter from front to back - which results in it looking noticeably more pear shaped from above... very, very pretty.

The shorter front to back dimension should give less spin than the 102 and i'm told it should give sound/ feel as per the 101.

Just swapped out the Yonex 380 for my Adams head in the nunchuk shaft, will give it some time... may be tempted by the 103 though, later.

New putter? My guess would be a pretty heel shafted mallet, like the Del Mar, Odyssey 9 designs.... we,ve already had a Ping Anser type, and the Wilson 8802 type.

I just wish epon could come up with a proper blade. If they really are purists at heart why not give what many purists demand?

exactly what i'd like to see. even if the personals just had less offset and a thin topline i'd be in heaven!

Edited by chiromikey

exactly what i'd like to see. even if the personals just had less offset and a thin topline i'd be in heaven!

Epon has a lot of amazing feeling stuff and I haven't thought about a different design, but not that it's mentioned a very thin, and less offset model (butter knife looking) irons would be amazing! With that said I do think that the Personals are great blades because of the feel and the added forgiveness you don't find in traditional blades. The really compact (butter knifey, very thin topline irons are very pure looking, but the Personals are near perfect when it comes to having a blade that has some room for error, especially when in pressure situation or needing that one shot to get a few extra bucks off your friends. :)

Saw the 103 driver today at Golfcraft ( and my new copper 210 wedge ;-). )

Compared to the 102 it is a bit longer heel to toe, and shorter from front to back - which results in it looking noticeably more pear shaped from above... very, very pretty.

The shorter front to back dimension should give less spin than the 102 and i'm told it should give sound/ feel as per the 101.

Just swapped out the Yonex 380 for my Adams head in the nunchuk shaft, will give it some time... may be tempted by the 103 though, later.

New putter? My guess would be a pretty heel shafted mallet, like the Del Mar, Odyssey 9 designs.... we,ve already had a Ping Anser type, and the Wilson 8802 type.

i have mine and your descriptions are almost spot on. to me it looks more compact than the 102. almost like a bigger version of the zero.

even the ridges on the sole are similar. cant wait to shaft mine.

That is exactly what I said in my first post. The most obvious difference is the 103 is more pear shaped and more compact.

As for the putter don't get too excited... it may be something we have all seen before... again.

That is exactly what I said in my first post. The most obvious difference is the 103 is more pear shaped and more compact.

As for the putter don't get too excited... it may be something we have all seen before... again.

Yup, but good to see it in person. It really does suit my eye...

Now as for an i33 putter reissue... do it in copper chrome and make sure they're well stocked, it'll sell like nothing on earth.

I can't aim an anser style head at all, at all but would be sorely tempted.

if its .the I33 Redux i think a lot of people will be excited :-)

OMG.... THE GOLD.... can't imagine how much reflection the EHR will give under a hot sunny day?? And not to mention the attention lol

Can't wait to read more reviews...

OMG.... THE GOLD.... can't imagine how much reflection the EHR will give under a hot sunny day?? And not to mention the attention lol

Can't wait to read more reviews...

You can be first.. You'd be a hit with all the bling

Just looking at the 551s in the proshop. There doesn't seem to be much of a price difference between the RF and AF ranges? I thought they were orginally positioned as a more accessible set of Epons?

Just wondering where they now sit in the Epon range?

its the way we are required to list them in the pro shop. the AF models were adjusted for foreign exchange and are actually 20% below MSRP while the RF551 is at full msrp not taking into account the exchange.

We will quote with the adjustments in mind when emailed.

Thanks for the info trying to decide on irons now down to the 502 vs 302 ... 502 appears to be longer ... now thinking of 551 any comments

thanks

I've hit the 551 and I own a set of 502. In terms of forgiveness and distance, I think both are equal. 551 will feel more firm where 502 will feel really soft.

I've not hit MP59 but have hit MP58 with the maraging steel face (or something like that) and the feel of that was very firm and crisp. Forgiveness I think AF502 for sure is more forgiving where the MP59 might be more like AF302 - not sure as I've yet to hit the new Mizuno.

If can, best to try.... Either brand produce great clubs and its boild down to personal preference which one you like.

Base on your brand of choice, I think it's a no brainer which one you should choose lol