New Epon Products - My Impressions - RF551 AF103 EHR

gocchin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on, you're a Dr. Would you pick a surgeon based on price? Any given day, Epon beats Nike hands down...

:tsg_smiley_devil:

This is the first time that I heard anyone choosing between Epon and Nike. This is most odd.

I had heard that nike was going to be or is being made by endo

Endo builds to OEM Spec…. Epon builds to perfection….

excellent statement my choice really is between the mp59 and the epon 502 or 302

Prolly btw mp59 and 302.

502 is more of mp53...

Tried both the 502 and 551 with an intent on picking up one of the two. For me, the 502 win, hands (and pants) down. I seriously did not think it felt 'dead' at all, which coming from playing the 302 is causing some head scratching for me. What I dd feel quite clearly, was that wonderful trampoline effect; the ball seems to shoot off the face like a bullet. Such a contrast to the 302, which feels like hitting soft sticky balls. In my opinion, the 502 was heads and shoulders over the 551 -- sorry, just didn't do anything for me.

A remark I read earlier about the 502 being 'point and shoot' irons -- spot on! Just like the X2 has relegated the M9 to the depths of the cold dry box, I have a feeling the 502, when it arrives, will retire the 302 to novelty status. ;)

The 502's are really a milestone in golf club technology, other brands have used vibration absorbing material in heads but alpha gel is on a whole other level. OEMs have ordered the 502 iron just to take it apart and see how it's done.

I still prefer the 551/501 because it has a better setup (for me) and also provides more feel at impact but I hope when Epon does make a 503 they utilize the same gel but just distribute it differently so it doesn't feel as numb.

I also think if they made a more compact iron with alpha gel more people would like it. The 502 has superior feel on poorly struck shots.

Your up early, 10 days and no one has hit it?

Lol. Ya it is early. Most TSG'ers ordered with custom shafts I believe that's why things are lagging.

I've got my head only sitting in the workshop. I don't have a shaft for it except a basalius pull. I guess I can slap that one in for giggles and see how it goes.

I'm waiting for the Diamana B series to arrive.

If you want to send it to me, I have a Diamana X in the garage waiting for a new head. I will return it on my forthcoming visit.

Seriously, the Diamana B is the spec, I was thinking of, will be interesting to see what you think of it/them?

Me and corky have our assembled clubs already patience.

Lemme say the driver looks smaller than 460, looks to be

415-420 don't know how they were able to achieve the illusion.

Sole is very Zero like

on my way to get 502 with projectXi 5.0 just finished testing hit 6 iron demo consistently 178-180.. twice 182-183 wow

blown away

Surprised you're not in the 5.5 flex range with those distances. 5.0=reg flex? Your SS should be too much for that

on my way to get 502 with projectXi 5.0 just finished testing hit 6 iron demo consistently 178-180.. twice 182-183 wow

blown away

epon 502 has stronger loft. might need a few range session before them into play. the first time i played with them i was long on almost every hole!!