New Srixon Z Series Forged Irons and Woods - Pics and Discussion

gocchin

Some more so than others. In order of forgiving to demanding I believe it goes 525 then 725 followed up by 925...

The forgiveness is made to top previous Srixon sets. Especially the 525 and 725. The 725 design is what alot of better players are switching to, from their pure blade sets. It still has the compact design and workability, but a noticeable boost in forgiveness. Now for the 525, it has forgiveness written all over it! The average player seeking maximum forgiveness while having the soft feel would love it. The 525 may be a top runner when it comes to forgiving irons with feel.

I'm actually looking for the feedback on their woods.... Especially their newly adjustable drivers..... !

• 4 months later...

T, is the Endo forgings just the 2013 models, or all of the older models too?

ive hit the 925, thay are the softest irons ive ever hit by a considerbale margin.

they were in fact........... too soft for me.

i got no feedback on where ihit the ball.

everywhere was amazing.

iahd DGS200 in hem as well and it made not a single bit of differnce, they were like hittting white marshamallow clouds.

nice shape , no offset. thin mid top line ,

very chromed tho lots of BLING

Endo forgings began with these new Z Series models. All 3 are S20C.

The 725 is amazing looking, looks very powerful and as they say in Japanese Kakkoi or cool.

But as you all noted, compact and less offset.

Feel is soft especially on the 925 as Stew noted.

The laser milling (taken from Cleveland) is very nice on both feel and spin.

• 2 weeks later...

ive hit the 925, thay are the softest irons ive ever hit by a considerbale margin.

they were in fact........... too soft for me.

i got no feedback on where ihit the ball.

everywhere was amazing.

iahd DGS200 in hem as well and it made not a single bit of differnce, they were like hittting white marshamallow clouds.

nice shape , no offset. thin mid top line ,

very chromed tho lots of BLING

+1 the look soft and are soft. Imagine how sexy they would be in a fully brushed satin or double nickel.

We have the complete line up on the way for a shoot and testing.

• 7 months later...

Came across this youtube video of Rikako Morita of Japan LPGA. She is currently the money leader this year.

Mid year, she switched to these Z925 MBs . Very rare to see MB users in the Ladies' Tour.

I wish I could swing this smoothly! Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-loFi65FO6U

She is currently an apprentice to the great Ayako Okamoto ( those of you in my age group should remember!! )

Notice the similarity in the high smooth finish.

I watch Rikako play several times a year. She is here in Chiba at Morinaga on the LPGA this weekend so I already watched her hit on practice day earlier this week.

Her all striking is one of the best on tour here and she takes the driver 270 on a regular basis and for a while was playing the Z725 (now Z925).

I can sit there all afternoon and listen to her strike the ball, in video and in person is completely different.

Nice girl, lot of fans.

The forgiveness is made to top previous Srixon sets. Especially the 525 and 725. The 725 design is what alot of better players are switching to, from their pure blade sets. It still has the compact design and workability, but a noticeable boost in forgiveness. Now for the 525, it has forgiveness written all over it! The average player seeking maximum forgiveness while having the soft feel would love it. The 525 may be a top runner when it comes to forgiving irons with feel.

Would / is the 525 an evolution of the Z-Star irons that were imported into the US a few seasons ago?

Any comparisons would be helpful. I'm still playing the Z-Stars, but considering updating.

I've also heard conflicting info on the Z-Stars - were they originally a JDM product imported into the US?

Thanks,

Phil

• 3 weeks later...