Yamaha 2013 Tour Model and Inpres Lineup Info - Important

gocchin

GUYS BIG NEWS...

This may affect a lot of purchasing decisions.

The new V Forged Tour Model is a MUSCLE BACK... yes it is a blade.

The driver looks simply amazing. Best driver yet.

I only got a glimpse of what they look like but I am not allowed to share the imagery for now as I am under NDA.

GREAT! Just when I had begun to convince myself the srixon Z925 were the way to go! :atsg_smilie_punch:

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blade! I am soo excited for this now! Already lots of requests coming in! I'm sure this one will be amazing like all the other Yamahas... But a BLADE! yes!

What's with the teasing tactic! Same rules applied to bst should be applied to this forum! No pics, no post! :)

Lord...yammie...and to think these French people I live amongst don't have a clue. If a had a quid for every "I didn't know Yamaha made golf clubs" comment...or the classics "I had a Yamaha piano..." "I had a Yamaha bike"...

Yes, not just the French but also the Swiss!

Yamaha blade Yamaha blade Yamaha blade, can't wait can't wait can't wait.

I'm not excited by this news..........MUCH!

Post the pictures on FB as soon as you can Tario, so that I can share the love :tsg_smiley_heart:

I am glad that I know my limitation. Just love looking at new blades even I can't play them.

I am giddy with anticipation....

Is it too much to hope for?

A compact blade with a thin top line.

Mid-low CG.

Thickened sweet spot.

A blunted leading edge.

Ahhhhh...a Yamaha blade. Glad I put my order in. Just hope it's not offset or with a bulby toe!

Googled "Yamaha 2013 golf clubs" and got a million pics of their 2013 motorcycle lineup. Why do WE have to wait??!! C'mon, Yam.

Edited by Miuramaniac

Ahhhhh...a Yamaha blade. Glad I put my order in. Just hope it's not offset or with a bulby toe!

Googled "Yamaha 2013 golf clubs" and got a million pics of their 2013 motorcycle lineup. Why do WE have to wait??!! C'mon, Yam.

I tried the same google search...all it gave me was a...

link to this page. haha.

I tried the same google search...all it gave me was a...

link to this page. haha.

hahaha...well I put in a search for "images". none here, no linkie here!

To give an update, some of you may know this but many may not, the Tour Model is specifically designed for Yamaha's top pro, Hiroyuki Fujita. He is a superb iron player and his spin control and workability are top notch. He has always played the smaller cavity back but this time around wanted a blade without loosing the ease of use of his current model CB.

So what Yamaha did is create a smaller more compact blade BUT kept the MOI the same as the current CB which is quite a feat. Yamaha touts that a blade does not have to be difficult to play but needs to provide maximum workability and control. Hit draws, fades, high shots, low shots, the new Tour Model can do all this all in a smaller package but somehow with a sweet spot the same size as the CB!

As for images I cannot post them until Yamaha gives the green light. We cannot risk losing our account over breaking NDA.

However to describe the blade the CG is actually mid to lower for an easy launch and there is nice leading edge and trailing edge relief. Face is milled and the scorelines feature a 3mm pitch.

When do you thinks its safe for you to post pictures T?? Already what you describe seems like the perfect blade but yet difficult to place any order without actually seeing what it's like lol

Apparently we can't post for a few weeks but the second some one breaks the rules it will probably be a free for all of pictures.

We just don't want to be the ones getting in trouble for breaking the rules. (^_^)

In past years, pics will show up on JP sites any moment. Keep searching and they will magically appear.

To give an update, some of you may know this but many may not, the Tour Model is specifically designed for Yamaha's top pro, Hiroyuki Fujita. He is a superb iron player and his spin control and workability are top notch. He has always played the smaller cavity back but this time around wanted a blade without loosing the ease of use of his current model CB.

So what Yamaha did is create a smaller more compact blade BUT kept the MOI the same as the current CB which is quite a feat. Yamaha touts that a blade does not have to be difficult to play but needs to provide maximum workability and control. Hit draws, fades, high shots, low shots, the new Tour Model can do all this all in a smaller package but somehow with a sweet spot the same size as the CB!

As for images I cannot post them until Yamaha gives the green light. We cannot risk losing our account over breaking NDA.

However to describe the blade the CG is actually mid to lower for an easy launch and there is nice leading edge and trailing edge relief. Face is milled and the scorelines feature a 3mm pitch.

These may just be the MB's I have been searching for.

Traditional MB look and feel with forgiveness of a CB.!!

Looks like from the activity and interest on this thread that if you haven't ordered you may be out of luck. 5-10 sets is slim pickings. Jump now or enjoy your drool.

Edited by bogeydog

Yes I know pre orders are over 7 right now. We were told if it was pre ordered this week its almost guarantee it will ship and if after that it's not.

Come on mate, make us a drawing.

can feel myself getting drawn to the light like a moth to flame...realise these not out yet, and hope this not too off thread - but how do these compare to epon 302?

(tried to look to see if covered before, might have missed it?)

Edited by bigrin

I think they are modernizing the Hal Sutton grind for the new Tour Blade….

:atsg_smilie_pot:

Just wait for supo67, to get his... at least I am. He'll be sure to give a lengthy review and compare it to almost everything everyone has or wants to play. TSG needs to hire him. I think he recently bought some hal sutton blades.