***** MY new driver builds THREAD ******

supo

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R series is lower CG higher launch. I want to try them both. Yesterday.

hmmm, maybe down the road i will give this head another shot.

just make sure you get the original 435 instead of the 435ii this time ;)

congrats brotha!!

give it a month of undivided attention. don't even bring anything else to the range until you get comfortable enough with it to realize it's so forgiving that you can go after it every swing. then you'll understand what all the fuss is about! ;)

I got big hopes for it. THe 435 was the longest for me but I just don;t have the FW stats with it like I do the Ryoma D1. So I've even bought a new TJ-46 from T. to put into this Crazy 435. Since I play so well with that dispersion wise in the D1, I thought I'd try this in that head. Based on the iron byron results a few years back, the TJ-46 and 435 was THE combo to begin with.

And I also have a conforming Romaro 460HX black now in 10* as well.

Edited by wmclarenf1

^ I'd like to see those iron Byron results!

Why? Newest ain;t always better.

you would have thought they improved over a previous design.

so why again is the original 435 better over the 435II?

as a guess. id think the flight is prob higher.. the 435 is a low ball lama. and seeing as the pros now all hit moonballs.. at a guess. id think thye made the new one to reflect the times....... iDOUBT if its any better length/performance wise, it did feel ebtter i guess and sound more appealing. bit like the egg spoon

as a guess. id think the flight is prob higher.. the 435 is a low ball lama. and seeing as the pros now all hit moonballs.. at a guess. id think thye made the new one to reflect the times....... iDOUBT if its any better length/performance wise, it did feel ebtter i guess and sound more appealing. bit like the egg spoon

moonballs are a function of SS. you give those pros the 435 and they would still hit it high.

i guess your right, the average player could not properly elevate the 435 hence the 435 II to

help them up a bit. makes perfct sense

i used to struggle wth it with a crazy cb50.. it was long but so low .. i didnt get the most out of it . balls were too low to be consistantly long. its wasredicuslouly stright most tof the time.... but it was a tought flex..... and heavy...

after shafting it with the stinger and taking small weight off it.... i used it on the weekend in the cold for the first time and seeing where my ball landed i have changed my tune irreversably.

this driver is the distance kahoona. i know where i drive to in mid summer.. and i was gettign the ball to the same spots in mid winter.

that fact cant be ignored. and. i was getting it HIGH!

only thing i cant do is make it bend 1 single millimeter

its gunbarrel straight

gawwwd bless the stinger!

this is my drive for the next few months.

Edited by supo67

i used to struggle wth it with a crazy cb50.. it was long but so low .. i didnt get the most out of it . balls were too low to be consistantly long. its wasredicuslouly stright most tof the time.... but it was a tought flex..... and heavy...

after shafting it with the stinger and taking small weight off it.... i used it on the weekend in the cold for the first time and seeing where my ball landed i have changed my tune irreversably.

this driver is the distance kahoona. i know where i drive to in mid summer.. and i was gettign the ball to the same spots in mid winter.

that fact cant be ignored. and. i was getting it HIGH!

only thing i cant do is make it bend 1 single millimeter

its gunbarrel straight

gawwwd bless the stinger!

this is my drive for the next few months.

stew what was that black jbeam u sent me with the crazy 7.7 shaft. was that the 435 or 425?

that one i liked and was one of the longest drivers i hit and the shaft was not even fit for me.

it was the 425 tour.

that lives in sydney now , i played with the owner of it in december.

he gives it a massive nudge.. handles his swing speed which is a lot faster than mine with aplomb.

he was thinking of changing it t untill i (hopefully) talked him out of it bec he murders it!

that was one driver i regret selling in a moment of madness !

it was the 425 tour.

he gives it a massive nudge.. handles his swing speed which is a lot faster than mine with aplomb.

he was thinking of changing it t untill i (hopefully) talked him out of it bec he murders it!

even though i did not like the feel, thats one driver that clearly works.

i thought i mis**t a couple but it was in parts of the fairway i rarely am with

my gamer.. something to ponder.

• 1 month later...

heres something a cpl of guys might be interested in tomorrow night...

diamana 70x shafs 44.75.... 44.75 and 44.875 inch build

ryoma vspec 200 g head 9.5* square

kamui pro kp-x 202 gram head 10* square

syard .388 197.5 gram head

first time ive gone head to head withshafts vs heads.

wont be defintiive bec its cold and range balls

but im veyr keen to see how the sayrd compares ,bec i already know about the other two...!!!

heres something a cpl of guys might be interested in tomorrow night...

diamana 70x shafs 44.75.... 44.75 and 44.875 inch build

ryoma vspec 200 g head 9.5* square

kamui pro kp-x 202 gram head 10* square

syard .388 197.5 gram head

first time ive gone head to head withshafts vs heads.

wont be defintiive bec its cold and range balls

but im veyr keen to see how the sayrd compares ,bec i already know about the other two...!!!

Hey Stew, if you want to get rid of the S-yard head, give me a shout out.

it was the 425 tour.

Still got the 425 Stew and love it.

Last week I did shaft the CB50 I got off u late last year and fitted it with the Syard head. Took it out on Saturday and was hit with strong winds and torrential rain. This is one long combo and it was very wet. The head and shaft seemed like the perfect fit.

Will be carrying the two drivers in the bag depending on the hole.

Lord.have mercy on my bag

This wow syard is magnificent

Yes

Instantly recogniseable as epon without spin!

Think a much easier zero

Same feel bit more muted tho

Thumlig boring piercing trajectory

Absloutely love the matt.finish and the smaller.head suits nicely

If any thing not 100% mad.on the elongated.long face

As much as the rounder face

But the 20 balls ive just hit say otherwise

Cant wait to get this on course

the ryoma has the lowest launch and has the most power to it , the tail is very noticeable when struck in the centre.

this was the club i chose to play in sever wind in tasmania and it served the best. no change here..

the s-yard felt like it has the hotest face. the launch was in between the other two. swing weight felt heaviest, head was very noticeable, can really feel the shat kick.

kamui prob the longest consistant drive consistantly i hit hte middle of htis face more than the others .

Ryoma looked like it has the longest singular drive the flight on itis so piercing tho this will run out for ever on short grass. it was consistantly the straightet esp on non centered shots

Syard was easiest to move a little bit both directions whcih is what i was hoping for. but not as much as i thought.......so far.................

it also doesnt seem to have a bias to it like my kamui seems to have.

ended up hittign about 10-15 more balls only with the s-yard at the end of the session to get a bit more of a handle on it and the flight wa a lot more piercing that i was expecting it to be.

expecting great things form it.

really does remind me on the zero but easier.

love that mat black head...

this wil see lots of game time this season by the look of this.

dont think theres a real need to do much to drivers now

these seem to be pretty fine. only other 2 to the mix are the jbeams.

this diamana shaft suits me perfeeclty .

love this , i think this is hte most suited shaft ive used,.

Edited by supo67

I tried google translate, to no avail......

Stew, can you type all that again please mate :)