supo

***** MY new driver builds THREAD ******

I’d agree with that selection so far...but no Egg7 in your hof?

I like all the eggs but the  egg 7 is my fave.,

the one i use back home is faultlesss. So that gets the top gong, diamana aliislei 80s @ 44. smalls inchs.

its my pick even tho the others are longer i dont really miss with that, its purpose built  so if its a HOF not everyone gets in.

pete rose????

THE latest  of Thors hammers. 

****ASTRO TOUR  vIII  10* head/quadra fire express  65x prototype (2016)  cadero grip  45 inch 323g sp700 face****

I thought , ok it  looks pretty  hot , the graphics on the  shaft are great, and the astro tour  head I know  goes monster long as the v2 is prob my longest single shot driver  and the new shape head is more my  style,  its a  compact full body  with a hint of a an elongated rounded oval face (square face angle ) . A VERY  good head shape for  ME to look at to draw the ball  which Isnt my natural swing so that helps me .

yea,ok......., ill give  it a whirl

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm , first game up  I wasn't that taken by it at all , I  missed a few right! 

contrary to what I thought this wud do and that is a catastrophic  miss for me..... and ............it felt a bit ,well , not loose, a but flippy.... its not as tight as im used to  or prefer.. but it was, I was confused ! 

The ball seems to sit on the face longer than Im used to , it  feels like a trampoline  driver,  so I benched ot for a cpl of weeks abut took it back out  yesterday with the big dogs  (In all honesty ithought id move it along bec I didn't thinik it wud cust the mustard vs the JBEAMS.) 

Well Yesterday it did , and its a keeper!

6/7 fairways, mid high flight that  seems very tough to hook or draw more than a cpl of yards  ( this has always been the case for me  with quadra shafts) , but the best thing was  the straight to slight fade shot, , its a bazooka, I leant into a cpl on open fairways and launched some  all effort shots that I middled  and it was huge. proper  huge.. I have  been driving the ball superbly last few weeks with all different driver combos , ryoma stinger70s, jbeam 435 diamana X, roddio s tuning diamana X   and this vs these  didn't miss a beat it handles  all power with aplomb and really thumps the ball.

At address is hides it 460cc size nicely and you can see just enough of the face to make it look like the shot uwant to hit, unlike say the v2 which is just point shoot.

iprefer this  to the v2 bec the shape is sounder, fuller like the jbeam.

its a head that guys that like a fuller shape shud really gravitate to.

THE SHAFT  ,well its good, is it as good as my diamanas ??????

prob not. but tis not far behind nad theres a heck of a differnce in price  for those.

im actually really thinking of putting a stinger In  an 11* version   head  bec I think that might take the mantle of all carry driver.

Nice review!!   Astro Tour VIII has been on my list to try.... just have not gotten to finding a used head with the right specs. 

I believe they have a 8 deg head .... might be a good head to play around with a Long Drive spec build  at 48 or something : )  

BTW,  the ball sticking on the face a tad longer is likely due to the SP700 face.  

cheers nobs.thats  not my prefered feel. i like instant gratifcation, the best example being the freheit  G. driver.  not sure what they use on that but with the diamana x in it the ball feels like its an oppsoite magnet. hardly touches the face and its gone. extremely rigid feel that  gives a false impression of  not being long.  but straight and direct.  this one feels like its gone miles bec u feel the shaft bend and flick.. it takes some getting used to.

maybe itll grow.on me.

illplay both the G amd this one day soon and see whats best suited. 

Great review! Can you share some pics on the Astro Stu?