So we have been without power since 1:20 this afternoon. Personally not expecting to get it back for a couple more days...

Anyone else...?

Hope everyone there and their family is fine and hope things recover to normal soon.

Yup...here in NJ with no power since about 5 or so. Things seems to be settling down a bit but one of the craziest storms I've ever witnessed. Crews not going to fix for days is my guess. Painful

To all my friends in USA, I hope you guys are safe and are spared from alot of the damage by the superstorm Sandy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Looking on Facebook, it seems that some of my family members that are in New Jersey are still without power. Is this the same for you guys?

I consider myself lucky, just being without power still…. There are many homeless, even more with moderate to severe damage to homes and businesses, and sadly even some dead...

Maybe this...albeit "too soon", might lighten things up a bit for you guys.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/superstorm-sandy-kills-35,30168/

Seriously though, I hope everything is ok and returns to normal quickly for those of you affected.

• 2 weeks later...

I would blame the GOP for making Obama spend so much time campaigning he couldn't focus on his job...

Major nightmare for my family and I with an emergency evacuation of my Dad who was suffering major complications in the middle of the storm. I actually went into downtown NYC which was like the wild wild west and rescued him due to the fact that ambulances in NYC were running 5-6 hours late. Then mother had to be rescued by FDNY from an 8th floor building, then nephew with torn spleen and finally sister with a tree that fell on her car and totaled it. All throughout had to deal with no heat, no power, no gas, etc.

Never thought I would, but time to invest in a natural gas generator...cost a ton (think 4-5 iron sets;) but with all the recent storms, probably a decent investment. I have a 6000 portable jobie but guess what?...requires gas to run and no gas to be had or wait in line for 3 hours. Got all the conversion gear and 12V motorcycle battery to convert to propane but by that time we were back up.

A tough week for sure...just trying to get back to some degree of normalcy.

Major nightmare for my family and I with an emergency evacuation of my Dad who was suffering major complications in the middle of the storm. I actually went into downtown NYC which was like the wild wild west and rescued him due to the fact that ambulances in NYC were running 5-6 hours late. Then mother had to be rescued by FDNY from an 8th floor building, then nephew with torn spleen and finally sister with a tree that fell on her car and totaled it. All throughout had to deal with no heat, no power, no gas, etc.

Never thought I would, but time to invest in a natural gas generator...cost a ton (think 4-5 iron sets;) but with all the recent storms, probably a decent investment. I have a 6000 portable jobie but guess what?...requires gas to run and no gas to be had or wait in line for 3 hours. Got all the conversion gear and 12V motorcycle battery to convert to propane but by that time we were back up.

A tough week for sure...just trying to get back to some degree of normalcy.

Hope everything is improving with your family. Sounds like a nightmare...

Actually have an appt this morning for a standby generator for our home. Between Sandy this year and Irene last, not to mention sporadic multi-hour outages over the last couple years, figured it was time… I think the price comparison will depend on how big you go on the generator and what kind of irons/shafts and set makeup you buy… But definitely multiple sets...

I hope things improve and return to normal for you guys.

I hope things improve and return to normal for you guys.

+1