Epon... Golf Balls!

gocchin

coops.. try the touratge x-01 MILD.....( i use these ), i didnt like the x-01 solids at all very marble like

,, or if u like them harder the x-jd are better than the solids. much bettter

but for sit spin control on greens the x-01 milds reign supreme..

i have a feeling think they are releasing a new model very soon....

if its better than the x-01 mild

well .. how????

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original Penta was so soft and spinny for me that I could tee off, have a cup of coffee, change shoes, run out, and catch it before it hit the ground.

I fell in love with the TM TP Black (ldp) some time ago - tried a 3 pack,,,, luvverly - felt/sounded like an old wound ball but performed like a new age ball, perfect.

Then, when i went to buy some, found they'd been discontinued...... doh.

Used to love the old U-tri Tour... then the following X-01G+..... but the 4 piece X-01 solid is nasty, but found i really appreciate the bright yellow cover option - even wearing glasses again, the yellow is easier to spot.

Intend to try the Srixon XV in yellow.... suspect they may be in line for an update also...

and now Epon balls to consider.... does it come in yellow? or copper- chrome :tsg_smilie_smile2:

I think a free sleeve of the new epon balls is in order for all TSG members with more than 100 posts...what say the rest of you;)

How about those that have purchased Epon clubs in the past year...

I've got 2 boxes on the F4s in transit and hope to put them in play Saturday at Cog Hill. Ill give a full review afterwards. Normal ball has been XV, Hex Black, or FG Tour X.

Mine are here....

First impression... they stick to each other....

Mine are here....

First impression... they stick to each other....

You have very soft balls;)

You have very soft balls;)

Why do you know the softness of idrive's balls?

Edited by RIduffer

Why do you know the softness of idrive's balls?

We have "played" together...velvety smooth, like butter.

Edited by swisstrader

The tone of the conversation here just changed dramatically, and not for the better!

Come on now, leave the private parts out.

Australia has a golf ball industry?

Are the Epons made by Foremost????

http://www.foremostg...t_pro_tour_x4-4

That is pretty good research.

As we all know Epon (Endo) is a forging house that specializes in the steel industry and creating the softest forged clubs in golf.

So when they decided to add a golf ball to their brand, they went on the hunt for a rubber or golf ball company that could manufacture a premium ball to Epon's specs.

One of the keys for Epon was that this ball would be a top performer AND be reasonably affordable so this eliminated Japanese rubber companies like Bridgestone, Dunlop, Yokohama as we all know how expensive top premium JDM balls are ie 100.00 over for a dozen balls.

So they approached Foremost Taiwan who had the X3 and X4 balls which were proven performers against many top tour balls.

Epon was also aware that Foremost has had experience producing top tour balls for top US brands, some of which are named in this very thread.

Epon looked at the X3 and X4 designs and test results and had Foremost tweak the balls and change their designs slightly to meet Epon specs.

Hence the Epon Tour F3 and F4 were born.

You see in the link the performance of the Foremost and Epon says the F3 and F4 perform on a similar level . We've never tried the Foremost so are unsure how different they are or what has been changed but so far we have been pretty happy and impressed with the Epon balls.

Uh oh, we gotta swing over 110mph at the F4?

Uh oh, we gotta swing over 110mph at the F4?

I don't and the ball performs perfectly

If I take a Gorilla swing or an easy swing, it doesn't seem to matter. The ball

is every bit as long, perhaps longer than anything else I've hit.