Epon... Golf Balls!

gocchin

Maybe that is one of the design tweaks that Epon made in their specs… I wonder if Chris or Tario can find out from Epon how the ball is supposed to differ from the Foremost one...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Australia has a golf ball industry?

As gocchin stated, Foremost are a Taiwanese company. They have setup a website in Oz, and appear to have an office in Sydney. They were giving away samples, which a fair few Aussie golfers had taken up.

There is a golf ball industry in Oz, try these http://www.visiongolfball.com/

Have a look at this link about what people say about them... http://forums.iseekgolf.com/forums/13-golf-equipment/topics/21523-vision-golf-ball-test

I have played them, are they are a very good ball.

idrive, any further thoughts to ball performance?

I played another 9 tonight with them and still get the "funny ball flight" feel. I hit 2 of them on the 295 yard par 4 at the home course tonight and put good swings on both of them...and I SWEAR they started a bit right, then "corrected" into a baby draw which is my normal drive ball flight. The balls came to rest within about 5 yards of each other left to right at equal distance. My first drive of the night when I wasn't warmed up was a HOT stinger off the bottom of the club face that started off about 3 feet off the ground and was like that for 100 yards then gradually rose to a mid-height ball that landed and rolled forever. Net drive distance was ~265 on a BAD swing and I haven't seen anything quite like it before. There is definitely something unique about the dimple pattern from anything I have played before in regards to lift.

They certainly don't seem to need a 100MPH swing to get the most out of them. I really think they fly well even on sawed-off half swings with the driver when one needs a low perfectly placed ball in the fairway. They are sooooo soft.

Played a round with the F4 this morning. Compared to my usual balls, I'd have to say the F4 is, at best, the same length as the ProV1x 2011 or later (don't think there's any upgrade since 2011) and shorter than the Super Newings. Last check, my swing speed is around 95mph. Ball launches higher for me, for sure. Overall distance off the driver, 3W and long irons, are all about the same as the V1x, sometimes maybe a bit shorter. Off the short irons and wedges, I'm losing about a half club distance.

I'm also not getting noticeably more spin than the V1x, but needless to say, definitely more than the Newings. The feel is about the same as the V1x, maybe just a tad softer. Same good feel off the putter but on a few holes, the ball rolled way past the hole, probably my fault but I don't usually roll it past so much. Definitely more durable than the V1x and Newings; no cuts, scrapes or blemishes after bashing it about for a good 10 holes or so.

Though it's just 1 round, I don't think the F4 would replace the V1x as my ball of choice. It's probably 3rd or 4th on my list after the V1x and Super Newing Brill or LS330, which is probably the longest ball for me to date that I can stand to play. That said, I'd happily play the F4 though; maybe I'll like it more after a few more rounds.

Edited by FrankThong

Nice to hear its more durable than the ProV's...I go through about 2-3 prov's per round. These things love to shred especially with the likes of a chikara wedge.

9holes with the epon f4..

9 with the new tourstage z-01 .

the epon is harder on the driver face, heavier feeling hit...,

i cud sense it was more dense and it .doesnt seem to spin as much as the torustage.

flight was lower. its a punchier hit.

with irons the tourstage i prefered. more spin. "higher ,lobbier"

wedges .well both are excellent. the epon went in lower and stoped dead , the tourtsage was higher and i think spun more.

putter.. the epon was prety heavy on the face. the tourstage mellow.

liked them both very very much. not sure what i prefered to put with to be honest.

i think id use the epons back at home or when its windy.

the tourstage are now irreplaceable in my bag. the epons ill game when its high summer or windy. they have a heavy feel wont lend it self to the cold as much as the topurstages ifeel.........., yea cud happily game these balls no probs.

distance well i didnt really notice any thing over the other.

• 4 weeks later...

Had two rounds with the f3 I like the feel superb.

I however get conscious when there is water or hazardson the right

That I would hook the ball. I lost one epon ball looked for 30 mins!

Played this morning and hooked in the same hole. Found my bridgestone ball.

It was nestled under coconut tree having a good time with my epon ball from yesterday.

So epon balls get found eventually!!!

Had two rounds with the f3 I like the feel superb.

I however get conscious when there is water or hazardson the right

That I would hook the ball. I lost one epon ball looked for 30 mins!

Played this morning and hooked in the same hole. Found my bridgestone ball.

It was nestled under coconut tree having a good time with my epon ball from yesterday.

So epon balls get found eventually!!!

thanks for making me P my pants laughing - a great tonic when stuck in Iraq!!

thanks for making me P my pants laughing - a great tonic when stuck in Iraq!!

Yeah it was a fond experience. Nearly cried when I lost my ball. My caddy thought

Someone passed

Then the next day when I found my ball did the leprechaun jig dance. I swear my caddy thinks

I'm bi polar lol.

I am officially gaming the F3 now myself. Very much like the feel off all clubs. Very balanced all around performance.

Interestingly performed very well with my Crazy 435, better than my Ryoma.

• 3 months later...

Old thread::

I played yesterday with the F4 and ALL I kept hearing was...." is that legal? "

Before mine decided to hide under the fallen leafs I had nothing but pleasure hitting it!

Yes, I believe it's not as long as maybe the ProV1x, but that said it was a super feel , lovely off the iron with fantastic green side spin and off the putter...... Pure class.

I too don't have an 110 mph swing speed

Edited by DaleUK

well thats interesting......

i used it and caallway hex black on sat.

hex black went higher and felt lighter and felt like it spun more

the f4 felt like hiting antimatter was NUDE and went miles off the driver face.

on irons it felt like a marble

jury still out on it for me. t he hex black was easily the easier to play.

not sure if that amkes it better tho

i still cant get the new tourstage x-01 z off the tee , in general.

more time neded with the epon ball. but the big hits go long

not sure about touch

i liked the callway better on sat for sure

well thats interesting......

i used it and caallway hex black on sat.

hex black went higher and felt lighter and felt like it spun more

the f4 felt like hiting antimatter was NUDE and went miles off the driver face.

on irons it felt like a marble

jury still out on it for me. t he hex black was easily the easier to play.

not sure if that amkes it better tho

i still cant get the new tourstage x-01 z off the tee , in general.

more time neded with the epon ball. but the big hits go long

not sure about touch

i liked the callway better on sat for sure

Just goes to show, there's no ideal "ONE" item that suits everyone!

I must have gotten the only F4 that are soft as butter. I still have one in my bag and played it a few holes on Friday and I was marveling again at how soft it is. Hmmmm. They really go too.

I must have gotten the only F4 that are soft as butter. I still have one in my bag and played it a few holes on Friday and I was marveling again at how soft it is. Hmmmm. They really go too.

Mine were soft too. Think it contributed to my distance loss with the Personals...

This might be a silly question but when you count layers in a golf ball, do you count the core as one layer?

Mine are super soft feel..

Yes the core is a layer.

hmmmmmm,.,,, many soft feels. here huh...

ill game it again this weekend to get another feel for it then. looks like im missing something here

when i swapped balls around tho , if definatly felt much heavier on the face. like it was a much much heavier and denser ball

the hex just jumped of the face it felt like the cover was much harder and it seems to spin more

i felt like i had to hit it harder to get the ball to work.

with the hex it was automatic.

it DEF felt better off the putter face tho the hex felt very clicky.. the epon was baked tofu.

ill go the epon and the tourstage this week.

see what i gravitate towrds.

maybe im just miss reading it.............................,

hmmmmmm,.,,, many soft feels. here huh...

ill game it again this weekend to get another feel for it then. looks like im missing something here

when i swapped balls around tho , if definatly felt much heavier on the face. like it was a much much heavier and denser ball

the hex just jumped of the face it felt like the cover was much harder and it seems to spin more

i felt like i had to hit it harder to get the ball to work.

with the hex it was automatic.

it DEF felt better off the putter face tho the hex felt very clicky.. the epon was baked tofu.

ill go the epon and the tourstage this week.

see what i gravitate towrds.

maybe im just miss reading it.............................,

Maybe I am not using the right lingo here, but I get the same behavior between the Cally Tour Black and the Epon F4. Cally just goes, Epon seems to stick to the face for a while, but not in a good way...

0k thats what i kinda find , thats prob what im trying to describe as a heavy feel on the face, where as , the hex just pops.

Well I think there worth a try

9 with the f3 and 9 with f4 saturday

interstingly i like the f3 better.

bit softer. more grab. nicer of putter face it seems as welll.

the f4 is a bit more "all business like" feels like u can go ahrder at it. but the f3 is a friendlier ball.

got the soft feel u were talking about. . weather warmed up here , that might have made a difference seems to stick to the face.

lovely feel. both balls,

stil think the f4 feels heavy at impact.

f3 not at all.

might grab a few of these.