You Ask We Listen! The Official RomaRo Thread!!!

TourSpecGolfer

Thanks for the pics T. I have to agree they are good looking top class irons and Its hard to resist owning one of these

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow seems that all the ingredients of my dream iron are all here. Looking at T's pics the back seems a bit busy but it doesn't matter to me as long as it performs having little offset and have that thin top line and sole. My heart is telling me the pro forged but your great feedback on the H is killing me

As you look down on the ball, they look very simple, very little offset and a thin top line. The heel relief seems a little higher than a BB. Obviously, the game improvement technology makes the back of the club seem more busy but the work is beautifully done. The quality is first rate. The sole is thin with both leading and trailing edge relief. I have had no issues with the clubs on both tight and thick lies.

It was originally my intention to get the Tour blades but after hitting a mates H blade 4 iron, I ordered 4 to PW in the H blade design. The short irons are simply wonderful. I wish I could get a H blade gap wedge as I really love the look of them.

I'm a bit busy at the moment (getting ready to move from Brisbane to Hobart) but I will try and post some photo's of my set up soon. They look schmick with the TT Monaco's.

pete

G,

Follow your heart, you won't be disappointed...

Gian,

I will be going through Sydney in the next month or two (or if you get to Brisbane). We may be able to catch up and give you a hit of my H model's. I personally would recommend the H's over the Tour Forged to players with a 4 handicap or more (I am a 2 or a solid 3 handicap). They still absolutely perform, just have a bit more forgiveness than the TF's. I have hit both extensively by the way!

Pete

Gian,

I will be going through Sydney in the next month or two (or if you get to Brisbane). We may be able to catch up and give you a hit of my H model's. I personally would recommend the H's over the Tour Forged to players with a 4 handicap or more (I am a 2 or a solid 3 handicap). They still absolutely perform, just have a bit more forgiveness than the TF's. I have hit both extensively by the way!

Pete

Hi Pete,

have you hit the Epon Technica Pro Is or the 301s? If yes, how do the H irons compare to these 2 Epons? Thanks.

I think I might have hit Spoon's 301's or 302's? They were a copper iron. The H forged is more of a players club with smaller top line/sole and much less offset. I much prefer the H's to the Epon.

Can't help on the Technica Pro's.

I will try and post some photo's tonite. Nothing like Tario's of course!

Pete

Color me on the RomaRo bandwagon. I just have to decide which irons I want.

Gian,

Pete

Pete,

I'd be glad to meet you here in Sydney might be away next month though and still recovering from an injury. Hope you could come here a little bit later around January or so, both Eca and I would love to hit your H's.

Jonathan

As you look down on the ball, they look very simple, very little offset and a thin top line. The heel relief seems a little higher than a BB. Obviously, the game improvement technology makes the back of the club seem more busy but the work is beautifully done. The quality is first rate. The sole is thin with both leading and trailing edge relief. I have had no issues with the clubs on both tight and thick lies.

It was originally my intention to get the Tour blades but after hitting a mates H blade 4 iron, I ordered 4 to PW in the H blade design. The short irons are simply wonderful. I wish I could get a H blade gap wedge as I really love the look of them.

I'm a bit busy at the moment (getting ready to move from Brisbane to Hobart) but I will try and post some photo's of my set up soon. They look schmick with the TT Monaco's.

pete

I will post pics of my bag too when I get a chance.

I will be in Tassie for most of January. It would need to be in Feb.

pete

BTW, Hocko has the Tour Forged. Very sexy irons.

I hit alot of balls with the Pro Forged a few days ago and they felt absolutely amazing. Very soft, I actually like the performance and feel of it better than the Epon Personals. It is a blade head, but I found it a bit hard to turn the ball, which isn't always a bad thing. I had a very tight ball dispersion with a strong mid trajectory.

Pro Forged MB by RomaRo - I got carried away taking pictures of these beauties. In good light it's just so easy to make them look good. I'm working on a video of tats comparing these to the Epon Personals. Our findings were pretty interesting in the category of workability. If you guys have any questions let us know. TSG is also the exclusive North America / UK / AU / Middle East Distributor of RomaRo so if you want to see these products in a Shop around you let us know.

gallery_0_4_46531.jpg

gallery_18_4_166689.jpg

gallery_0_4_98857.jpg

gallery_18_4_62062.jpg

gallery_0_4_80691.jpg

gallery_18_4_181812.jpg

gallery_18_4_40478.jpg

gallery_18_4_52051.jpg

I hit alot of balls with the Pro Forged a few days ago and they felt absolutely amazing. Very soft, I actually like the performance and feel of it better than the Epon Personals. It is a blade head, but I found it a bit hard to turn the ball, which isn't always a bad thing. I had a very tight ball dispersion with a strong mid trajectory.

I agree with the comparison to the Personals, but have only found it hard to get large movements. Baby draws and fades, <10 yards, are not overly difficult but the > 15yd movement is tough.

Pardon the dirtiness of the clubs and the poor camera quality. Also, the 6 iron got a bad ding from a buried rock… However if someone would like to donate a dozen Epon balls to my cause, since T won't do it :tsg_smiley_streak: , I am sure I can find the time to wash the heads and borrow the wife's camera. Could even set up the kiddie pool in the backyard for a second dozen...

The order is PW, 8 iron and 6 iron

In the face pictures the RomaRo are on top. In the sole pictures, RomaRo has no paint fill and in the address position, Epon has the all black ferrules...

Faces:

post-12474-0-67018900-1352128137.jpg

post-12474-0-03459500-1352128114.jpg

post-12474-0-73738800-1352128103.jpg

Soles:

post-12474-0-05475800-1352128140.jpg

post-12474-0-74747200-1352128116.jpg

post-12474-0-98083400-1352128105.jpg

Address:

post-12474-0-55415200-1352128119.jpg

post-12474-0-57423600-1352128108.jpg

post-12474-0-80367600-1352128097.jpg

Back:

post-12474-0-62506100-1352128134.jpg

post-12474-0-47808700-1352128111.jpg

post-12474-0-40054600-1352128100.jpg

Ooooo, I'd have to give the nod to the RomaRo'. Definitely the better 'looker'.

RIduffer, what are your RomaRo' shafted with?

I know a couple of you play the Ray V's by RomaRo and absolutely love them. I wonder how they stack against the ONOFF Forged, VG3's, and Yammy Forged Irons.

gallery_0_4_74614.jpg

gallery_0_4_191398.jpg

gallery_0_4_92132.jpg

gallery_0_4_129378.jpg

gallery_0_4_73800.jpg

Ooooo, I'd have to give the nod to the RomaRo'. Definitely the better 'looker'.

RIduffer, what are your RomaRo' shafted with?

The RomaRos are shafted with Attas Tour 110 X flex, the Epons are shafted with the UST IS 980/990s combo set...

I know a couple of you play the Ray V's by RomaRo and absolutely love them. I wonder how they stack against the ONOFF Forged, VG3's, and Yammy Forged Irons.

Well, I should have the opportunity to try the ONOFF Forged from '09 soon and will also be able to compare to the '13 Yamaha Blades whenever those start shipping… Also, managed to take a couple of swings with Potuna's ONOFF Forged a month or so ago. Based on those two swings I don't think they are materially softer than the RomaRo...