You Ask We Listen! The Official RomaRo Thread!!!

TourSpecGolfer

Well, I should have the opportunity to try the ONOFF Forged from '09 soon and will also be able to compare to the '13 Yamaha Blades whenever those start shipping… Also, managed to take a couple of swings with Potuna's ONOFF Forged a month or so ago. Based on those two swings I don't think they are materially softer than the RomaRo...

I felt the current ONOFF forged irons feel a bit softer/better than the RomaRo Ray V. however I do like the way the Ray V sets up over the ONOFF.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt the current ONOFF forged irons feel a bit softer/better than the RomaRo Ray V. however I do like the way the Ray V sets up over the ONOFF.

I only had 2 swings with it… So I doubt I actually nutted anything, but I know what the RomaRos feel like nutted… Nuttah Buttahs… sorry sometimes the New England accent comes out...

That wedge looks so nice, RomaRo irons first though.

Is that a 'satin black' or 'oil can' finish on that gorgeous wedge?

Interesting grind there.... and I like the finish !

Can you stop with the pictures please. I have a young son and I don't want him seeing this 'filth' until he's 18. I on the other hand can look anytime I like! Lol

Great pictures Chris. RomaRo's collection of wedges is the best I've seen so far from ANY golf company. Keep up the good work.

If they perform as good as they look they must be pretty good.

Do like the shape of the XV better

They perform very well… i have the SX and the Alcobaca… They are definitely firmer in feel than the irons and other wedges I have hit. So if you don't mind a crisp contact then you should be all over these...

The wedges are s20c?

Looks like irons and wedges seem to hog the Romaro lime light. Still not much in the 460HX drivers.

Anyone know how the 460HX black head would play against the 435 or D1 heads assuming a 9/10 460HX Black vs say a 435/D1 9.5/10.5 (assuming same shaft, ball etc) in terms of trajectory, spin and forgiveness or they are pretty much the same performnace wise in terms if these attributes?

Looks like irons and wedges seem to hog the Romaro lime light. Still not much in the 460HX drivers.

Anyone know how the 460HX black head would play against the 435 or D1 heads assuming a 9/10 460HX Black vs say a 435/D1 9.5/10.5 (assuming same shaft, ball etc) in terms of trajectory, spin and forgiveness or they are pretty much the same performnace wise in terms if these attributes?

i have the 435 an d1 v-spec and those are complete opposites to compare by themselves!

I agree and I have or had both and am familiar with them which is why I am trying to use these 2 as a benchmark to see where the 460HX black will fit as I can't demo the 460HX Blk.

Just buy the one in BST… Try it and if you don't like it, sell it...

I'm intrigued by this driver and would like to have it but boy howdy that's a stout shaft on the one in BST. Plus no one seems to want it so who knows what I could get reselling it. I'd just as soon someone else buy it and give me a review. :)

It's getting on to the first of December and while we've been blessed with good weather on November, all good things will come to an end soon when winter sinks her teeth in. Outside of some coveted irons to play with in the garage I am trying to wind down the ho'ing.

I'm intrigued by this driver and would like to have it but boy howdy that's a stout shaft on the one in BST. Plus no one seems to want it so who knows what I could get reselling it. I'd just as soon someone else buy it and give me a review. :)

It's getting on to the first of December and while we've been blessed with good weather on November, all good things will come to an end soon when winter sinks her teeth in. Outside of some coveted irons to play with in the garage I am trying to wind down the ho'ing.

I believe he has a head only price on it too...

But MBBG, you should not have too many issues with that shaft. I have a couple of the 8.2 flex shafts in my FWs and have no issue with it. Based on what you had said about the Proto in the Ryoma you would be fine with it...

I am in a similar weather state, but am eyeing the RomaRo 435 instead of the 460...

I just wasn't sure with the TJ if I laid off at all it'd go way right on me. Right isn't a problem for me but I have noticed with the stiff HM stuff if you don't get turned over it is easy to leak one even if your miss is left. 435 looks real nice too. What I liked about the 460 is that while it is a big head, it still offers a strong launch and mid-sized profile unlike most 460 drivers which seem to be all about high launch and forgiveness.

It would probably be cheaper to fly to Japan and try all this stuff over the course of a week or two versus buy and try all the stuff that catches my eye!

• 2 months later...

Played golf with Eca this morning. He gamed the Romaro H, I'd be interested to hear what his thoughts are. Did you like them E?