Yamaha Inpres XV FW 14* shaft advice

Ian-500

damn fine stuff the crazy fw. damn fine...,

now if u dare get a crazy ute shaft.. oh boy thats good.

i found the fubuki alpha prone to go left , a lot , which for me is almost an impossibility

ive had them in a tm black driver triangle thing ..., and an egg spoon no2.....

i was drawing iboth of them all the time . i had this driver , and the burner 08 tour TP with a qaudra fex for a week together in hokkaido a cpl of years ago and the balls ended up on differnt sides of the fairway every drive. that cant be just a coincidence.. (can it ?) it was a really " toiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing " feeling to it, not bad........., but not what i liked to hit, esp as i was hitting the FEX at the same time. im a HUGE fan of diamana. HUGE.. but the fubuki i didnt get .... i (think) ive tried everyone of the diamana range and i firmly believe apart from the blue board.. (which is THE shaft on which i use as a measure all others against , my gold standard................) they dont feel very good (stinger excluded)

COMPARED TO OTHER top end shafts.

of all of the dia range the only two i didnt really favour were the fubuki (and what a top looking stick it is, im sure it sells on looks alone) and the ilima which went too high... even the red board i liked more tha nthe ilima but , none of them are great to feel. even the new X which compared to other 70+ ton shafts for FEEL................

comes in a poor last.

and its my gamer.

and it wont stop being my gamer for a very long time.

but back to topic...

crayz fw 80 is one heck of a .. fw shaft.... the FEX is right up its strasa.. in fact a lot of guys prefer the FEX to the crazy...

bec its higher launch

but for just plowing into the crazy fw 80... pretty hard to top

actually..... the illima in a 3 wood might be a top idea....

its super stable and high....

damn............ thats not a bad idea. i didnt like it in a driver thought it pretty horid actually.

but a spoon........................... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

high launching spoon...

i got a tour edge exotics at home . that might be a hell of an idea to experiment with.

Hahahahaha Stew you're supposed to be giving me advise, not advising yourself!

I've had the FW80 in an Egg v2. It was a 7.4 flex which was mid height flight with great feel. The shaft was great but I need something a little lower with similar feel. Would an FW80 in a 7.7 or 8.2 fly lower with similar feel. I don't mind the flex being stiffer. Or should I save my dough and get a Blueboard in an 83x?

Anyone tried a Fuji Motore Speeder VC? They seem quite cheep relative to other JDM shafts on the used market. Perhaps an 8.2 could be the ticket.......

I am super loyal to GD shafts in fw ..

Love started with the green QT, then blossomed into the 9003s and now

Ant get enough of the DJ! My next FW shaft will be a fw80. Real curious

The day I stuck my fex into the yammie's hosel I could swear it had an orgasm. That or there was too much epoxy.

I've had the FW80 in an Egg v2. It was a 7.4 flex which was mid height flight with great feel. The shaft was great but I need something a little lower with similar feel. Would an FW80 in a 7.7 or 8.2 fly lower with similar feel. I don't mind the flex being stiffer. Or should I save my dough and get a Blueboard in an 83x?

I think the reason it was too high was more the Egg than the shaft, but that's just, like....my opinion, man. In all reality the BB will probably work just dandy.

I am super loyal to GD shafts in fw ..

Love started with the green QT, then blossomed into the 9003s and now

Ant get enough of the DJ! My next FW shaft will be a fw80. Real curious

Hi Spoon,

did you tip the GDs much to play in the Fws? ta

the crazy is low compared to most other shafts ive played in the egg. if its going high its the head NOT the shaft

ive had loads of shafts in eggs and the crazy is def one of the lowest,

the kaili is another on the lower side as is the ahina,

actually..., thats a good shaft in a fairway

for low launchers that no one uses

its a very very good piece in a fairway.

low tight and really quite tingy

it was very low in the yamaha tour head in 2011.

very good match

Hi Spoon,

did you tip the GDs much to play in the Fws? ta

no. im not a fan of tipping shafts wether they are in drivers or woods.

im sure Goodsie will agree with me.

• 1 month later...

Took the plunge on a Diamana Kai'li 70x and it has finally arrived. Will be getting it all sorted next week and will report back a.s.a.p.

Took the plunge on a Diamana Kai'li 70x and it has finally arrived. Will be getting it all sorted next week and will report back a.s.a.p.

Don't forget pictures!

Ha ha I won't forget. I'll put all the piccies in the WITB section when my bag is complete(ish) at the end of Jan.

Ha ha I won't forget. I'll put all the piccies in the WITB section when my bag is complete(ish) at the end of Jan.

Hopefully I too will be doing the Same!

I put the Yamaha V - 3 Wood (2012) 14 degree in a Ozik Radix 5 - R, relatively cheap and easy to hit / get it up in the air (but there is a small fade for some reason compared to my egg spoon M40). Given the swing speed, maybe use a heavier shaft would be better...

I also had a Ozik Radix 5 in Stiff in an Adams 3w. Even thought it was a stiff flex it felt like a wet noodle. I'm not an expert but the butt of the shaft seemed to be way too soft. And it was going really really high and ballooning. Not my cup of tee. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Getting the butt cut, gripped and built to play 42.5" for hopefully more accuracy. Pick it up tomorrow ;)

Getting the butt cut, gripped and built to play 42.5" for hopefully more accuracy. Pick it up tomorrow ;)

Nice one Ian, I also pick my new Driver up tomorrow!!

I cut my driver down to 35" and haven't missed a fairway all winter...

:atsg_smilie_niceshot:

Hahahaha nice one MoreBeer. Now put some piccies of your Geotech on the BST for all the lovely forum members!

I cut my driver down to 35" and haven't missed a fairway all winter...

:atsg_smilie_niceshot:/>

And it will fit on the bin better!!

:-)