Dabbling with kamui, kpx or tp?

Spoon

Feel wise I preferred the Kamui Ray over the TP07s but I prefer the way the TP sets up and looks overall.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the TP07s faded a lot for me so I definitely did not get along with the stock shaft even though it was a regular flex. Perhaps I need to build one with my preferred Crazy to compare more fairly.

Maybe you had it set up for fade, I had a choice of four flights

Fade, slight fade, draw, slight draw. Chose neutral since I draw with my open face

Edited by Spoon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the fading due perhaps to an open face for the TP?

How would you compare the loft of the TP07 to the 435, D1 ad AF101 as a guide? What loft would a TP07 9* be equivalent to for the other 3 drivers?

Thanks

Tpo7 9 = 435 10 and af 101 will depend on the shaft.

Edited by Spoon

here are pics.

TPO7S on left and High cor on right

IMG_1054.jpg

tpo7s Hi cor on left and TPO7S ON RIGHT

IMG_1055.jpg

TPO7S-HIGH COR NOTE HC on upper left toe

IMG_1056.jpg

TPO7-S 9*

IMG_1057.jpg

Tpo7s with white sole and blacked out stealthy Non conforming Hi-Cor

IMG_1058.jpg

Wow, love the look of the face.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Good comparison pictures. The face looks really deep...

Good comparison pictures. The face looks really deep...

That's what my dad said. He was terrified of depth

But was able to launch it with his 90mph swing.

Dont let it discourage you

Really deep faces!

Still not sure if I should try the TP07 in a 9* or 10*.

Is that shark on your pam?

I was in the same boat as you, thank god I chose a 9 because the 10 would have launched too high

Then again i have the ss. All my life I have never gone below 10* .I got away with it with this combo.

As to my strap, it's a julien landa blue jeans.

I was in the same boat as you, thank god I chose a 9 because the 10 would have launched too high

Then again i have the ss. All my life I have never gone below 10* .I got away with it with this combo.

As to my strap, it's a julien landa blue jeans.

C,

I think you played the AF102 for a while. How does the TP07S 9* compare to the AF102 9.5* in terms of launch and spin?

I'm gathering that the TP07 is forgiving enough from what I can scour on the net.

Thanks.

C,

I think you played the AF102 for a while. How does the TP07S 9* compare to the AF102 9.5* in terms of launch and spin?

I'm gathering that the TP07 is forgiving enough from what I can scour on the net.

Thanks.

i find that the epon heads launch higher than what their true loft indicate.

the 102 10.5 was perfect for me i had a fex 75s proto in it. mean boring trajctory but

had some spin. dont know if it was the head, as far as i know the proto has less spin than the fex65

which i also had.

the 103 on the other hand in 10.5 was super low spin and launched lower than the 102 despite having a higher

launching shaft like the diamana stinger.

from my experience with the drivers, i think the tpo7s is lower than the epon. most defintely, now i think it could be at par

with the 9* 103. the kamui tp07s is more forgiving than the 102 and 103. maybe almost like the 151/152 but with less spin.

Thanks C.

I'm erring towards a 10* based on your feedback and the experience of your dad. Will wait a few days to see if Kamui replies my email on the same.

Thanks.

good luck. you can really do now wrong and their is no incorrect choice with all the drivers nowadays.

just boils down to what your preference is and what works. i was lucky to test the other drivers so it

was a process of elimination.

I'm also thinking given the very deep face, you really ned to tee up the ball on this and that will help get the ball up even more and I;m putting my FEX55 in it which is a low mid kick shaft.. damnnnit.... 9 ... 10...9...10...9....10....

I tee it up high, have always done so, equator of ball at the crown..

I will only tee itup slightly lower but not by much if wind howls.

If you are thinking non conforming hi cor go 10* same with the conforming.

What is really puzzling is I tried my dads club 11 closer to 12 hi cor 55r shaft

And hit the thing quite good. No ballooning .. Was lower than my yamaha 405d 10* stinger combo

Strange.. I hope T can shed light on this particular case.

I tee it up high, have always done so, equator of ball at the crown..

I will only tee itup slightly lower but not by much if wind howls.

If you are thinking non conforming hi cor go 10* same with the conforming.

What is really puzzling is I tried my dads club 11 closer to 12 hi cor 55r shaft

And hit the thing quite good. No ballooning .. Was lower than my yamaha 405d 10* stinger combo

Strange.. I hope T can shed light on this particular case.

I have been looking at the kamui heads for a long while, and always thought the TP07S looked really good, but all the reviews were on the KP-X, which also looks great of course. About the shaft, there seems to be 2 different "standard" shafts that you can choose from with the tp07s the Infinire and the Buzz? Looking at the website it all seems abit confusing especially since the infinire shafts have a recommended swing speed starting at 43 m/s and tops out at 58 (!) m/s...? Maybe the "infinire" shafts are some sort of long drive shafts, since kamui pro is rather big in long drive circles.. The 4 star moniker means the flex?

Edited by Vegaman

I have been looking at the kamui heads for a long while, and always thought the TP07S looked really good, but all the reviews were on the KP-X, which also looks great of course. About the shaft, there seems to be 2 different "standard" shafts that you can choose from with the tp07s the Infinire and the Buzz? Looking at the website it all seems abit confusing especially since the infinire shafts have a recommended swing speed starting at 43 m/s and tops out at 58 (!) m/s...? Maybe the "infinire" shafts are some sort of long drive shafts, since kamui pro is rather big in long drive circles.. The 4 star moniker means the flex?

Vega, when you're back in BKK, you know there is a Kamui shop on the first level of Thaniya. I would imagine they will have demos there for you to try. I know they have a KP-X demo when I was there.

yes the star is the flex. 4 star is Stiff and 5 star is x flex

Kamui Pro came back to me today and we had a good exchange of emails.

The TP-07 heads can also be ordered in various lofts. The 9* can be ordered up to 9.9* real loft and the 10* head up to 10.8* real loft.

In comparison to the 435, if both are real lofted in the same loft, ie TP-07S 10.5* and Jbeam 10.5*, it is their opinion all else equal, the characteristic of the TP-0&S head will ave the same trajectory as the 435. This may sound logical but depending on whether a head is meant to be high launching and spinning or vice versa, the same real lofted heads may not always have the same trajectory. So the TP-07S may have been designed to have the same characteristics as the 435. So in my case, where I find the 435 10.5 a bit too high launching, I can either go with a real lofted 9.9* or 10* TP-07S.

Just wanted to share the above as there is not much info and experience on the TP07S here yet.

Thinking aloud, if the TP-07S has the 435 as a benchmark and the same traits, then will it really be longer than the 435 which suggests that maybe I just get back a lower real lofted 435 for my Black Widow project... Guess the only real way for me to know is to get one and put the same FEX55 shaft that was in the 435...

Edited by wmclarenf1

There you go you have your answer. Now boils down to personal preference.

But say u decide kamui get the 9.9 stamped 9. . It's really a 10

Though but don't ever underestimate the power of the mind and ego:)

And I mean this in a good way. I'm the same way

There you go you have your answer. Now boils down to personal preference.

But say u decide kamui get the 9.9 stamped 9. . It's really a 10

Though but don't ever underestimate the power of the mind and ego:)

And I mean this in a good way. I'm the same way

LOL... I actually like playing 10.5 indicated drivers and outdriving those that insist on playing 9.5 or lower and struggle to get enough height for good carry...

But thanks C for all the info you shared. I know its still early days for your and your TP07S.

I actually am not convinced on the TP07S especially after Kamui's inference to the 435 and am still toying with getting back a lower lofted 435.. maybe I'm reading what I want into it LOL... but for the sake of trying something new and Black Widow is to be a fun project as I already have my safety driver, I'll go for the TP07S.

Actually, I just found out today the local Epon dealer just got the Kamui Pro account and heads should start arriving after New Year so I may just wait till then as well...

Great! Will they have any for you to demo?