Dabbling with kamui, kpx or tp?

Spoon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played another 18 today and wow you can go really low with this one

Was playing a windy course and would tee the ball lower, choke down a bit

And was surprised, line drive with ample carry and tons of roll.

We played wack wack and it's a bit damp but was still getting 15-20 yardsnof roll.

My yamaha had -1 yard backroll!

Vega, when you're back in BKK, you know there is a Kamui shop on the first level of Thaniya. I would imagine they will have demos there for you to try. I know they have a KP-X demo when I was there.

Yep, I know but from what I remember they only shaft the Kamui heads with House Of Forged shafts, didn't see the original Buzz shafts. Will take a closer look next time.

Curious how you guys end up getting along with the Kamui TP driver, I love my KPX and how it plays...It will be on my radar for a spring build I believe.

Curious how you guys end up getting along with the Kamui TP driver, I love my KPX and how it plays...It will be on my radar for a spring build I believe.

played in a 27 hole tourney yesterday, the TP07 is one of the most forgiving drivers, and easily controllable. if you want lowish trajectory with more roll

tee it lower. surprised though i still launch the 9 pretty high! i am happy though and wont be dabbling with this combo any more.

surprising is the stock shaft. its very very good.

I've found it odd when I tee down the KPX she goes higher. Very odd.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have a few questions about this. I went to the website, and it appears they are making the TP07s in left handed. That's a big surprise! I saw earlier references to the 435. My questions for those who have hit both: is the TP07 more forgiving and have better feel than the 435. I love the low spin and length of the 435, but the feel and sound of it flat out sucks. If the TP07s has the same low spin and same length, but with a better feel, that could be very enticing. Any experience with these two?

Well, I have a few questions about this. I went to the website, and it appears they are making the TP07s in left handed. That's a big surprise! I saw earlier references to the 435. My questions for those who have hit both: is the TP07 more forgiving and have better feel than the 435. I love the low spin and length of the 435, but the feel and sound of it flat out sucks. If the TP07s has the same low spin and same length, but with a better feel, that could be very enticing. Any experience with these two?

I have tried both. the tpo7s feels better. the sound of the 435 affected how i perceived the felt. i also found the tp07s more forgiving. as for length i cant say as i was not hitting the 435 so well. frankly i struggled with it. others though love everything about it so best to see if you can try both and you decide

I have a lot of experience with the 435 and a short stint with the TP-07s. I would say the TP-07S launches a little lower but then again it was a true 10* while the 435 was a true 10.5*. The TP-07s has a harder face of the 2 so I am guessing, faster swingers (not me) would fare better. I will be the first to admit that feel and sound of the 435 is not the best BUT for overall distance, I still think nothing beats that yet. As for forgiveness, I would say the TP-07s is more forgiving, not silly forgiving like the Ryoma though.

Good luck and let us know what you eventually go with.

I honestly didn't have enough time with the 435 to feel like I had a sense of the club. I also have a Launch Lab that I also got at the end of the golf season, and then I am planning on getting the Callaway Xtreme next month. I think I need to sort between these 3 drivers before I buy anything else.

I honestly didn't have enough time with the 435 to feel like I had a sense of the club. I also have a Launch Lab that I also got at the end of the golf season, and then I am planning on getting the Callaway Xtreme next month. I think I need to sort between these 3 drivers before I buy anything else.

Are you focusing on the shafts as well? I see you play a Fubuki K. I tried that for a while as well i the prescribed flex for my swing speed and I can say for ME, the performance (distance and dispersion) is nowhere close the the Crazy TJ-46 or FEX 55. Maybe you should look at shafts as well?

Are you focusing on the shafts as well? I see you play a Fubuki K. I tried that for a while as well i the prescribed flex for my swing speed and I can say for ME, the performance (distance and dispersion) is nowhere close the the Crazy TJ-46 or FEX 55. Maybe you should look at shafts as well?

Yes, my 435 has a Crazy LS Noir 7.4 shaft in it, my Launch Lab has a Motore Speeder Tour Spec VC 6.2 X flex, and I have bought a Diamana X limited series 70stiff that I am holding onto for my Callaway Xtreme once it comes. I tend to fluctuate between stiff and x flex, although I think the Tour Spec in X flex maybe alittle too stiff for me. That's why I went up to the 70 series for the Diamana X in a stiff flex. I'm hoping that hits the sweet spot. Very excited to try this shaft as you have all spoken so highly of it.

Yes, my 435 has a Crazy LS Noir 7.4 shaft in it, my Launch Lab has a Motore Speeder Tour Spec VC 6.2 X flex, and I have bought a Diamana X limited series 70stiff that I am holding onto for my Callaway Xtreme once it comes. I tend to fluctuate between stiff and x flex, although I think the Tour Spec in X flex maybe alittle too stiff for me. That's why I went up to the 70 series for the Diamana X in a stiff flex. I'm hoping that hits the sweet spot. Very excited to try this shaft as you have all spoken so highly of it.

For me, I generally have never gotten along with any Fujikura shaft and I have tried more than my fair share. You will find the Diamana X a very smooth shaft. Maybe try that in the 435 as well as perhaps the Crazy Noir series may not be quite right for you?

For me, I generally have never gotten along with any Fujikura shaft and I have tried more than my fair share. You will find the Diamana X a very smooth shaft. Maybe try that in the 435 as well as perhaps the Crazy Noir series may not be quite right for you?

the 435 with diamana x will be too low launch .

I wonder that myself, but I think I need to get it out on the course a few times and see. I have only played with it 3 times on the course, and in each of those rounds, I hit a couple of bombs that went as far as I have ever hit the ball. I definitely saw the potential that everyone has mentioned with both the 435 head, and the Crazy shafts. My only complaint so far has really been the sound and feel, which I think kind of go together. The 435 head has a very harsh sound and feel that I just don't care for. However, if I can consistently hit it as far as anything else I have swung, then I will get used to it.

The Diamana X will be an interesting project for me this coming season, and I can't wait to give that a go as well.

Depends on the loft of his 435 and his swing. I do not find the 435 is not as low launching as mentioned by some.

My 435 is a 9.5 degree loft and I have a mid trajectory with it. I can affect trajectory by teeing it higher and playing it an inch further forward than usual in my stance. I am not sure I want to mess with the 435/LS Noir combo just yet.

My 435 is a 9.5 degree loft and I have a mid trajectory with it. I can affect trajectory by teeing it higher and playing it an inch further forward than usual in my stance. I am not sure I want to mess with the 435/LS Noir combo just yet.

The 10.5 degree Razr Fit and Fubuki K proved to be too high launching a combination for me. I have a swing speed around 106 mph with a spin rate around 3000 rpm with the Fit/Fubuki combo. When I went to the 435/LS Noir combo. in 9.5 degrees, I didn't get on a Launch monitor, but could easily see a better/lower trajectory and more roll out than my Fit/Fubuki combo. I will say that the Fit/Fubuki combo. had a much better feel to it so far in comparison, and was very smooth.

I wonder that myself, but I think I need to get it out on the course a few times and see. I have only played with it 3 times on the course, and in each of those rounds, I hit a couple of bombs that went as far as I have ever hit the ball. I definitely saw the potential that everyone has mentioned with both the 435 head, and the Crazy shafts. My only complaint so far has really been the sound and feel, which I think kind of go together. The 435 head has a very harsh sound and feel that I just don't care for. However, if I can consistently hit it as far as anything else I have swung, then I will get used to it.

The Diamana X will be an interesting project for me this coming season, and I can't wait to give that a go as well.

don't let the sound and feel deter you from moving forward with this combo. i not only hated the same aspects you do but i hated the looks of the 435 as well (and i posted plenty about my ill feelings too). i too saw it's potential and committed to get comfortable with it. it wasn't long before i realized it's definitely the best and longest driver i've tried. i play with a softer ball (penta tp5) and once i got comfortable to go after this club all the time i realized the feel is actually pretty good. i haven't dared to say this but i can say it's more forgiving than my ryoma v-spec. now the ryoma is definitely straighter and it can disect fairways like no other driver but i'll still block one out right at least once or twice per round. however, there have been several rounds with the 435 in which i've not missed a fairway! so i say again, stick with this combo to get used to the sound and feel as long as it takes!

don't let the sound and feel deter you from moving forward with this combo. i not only hated the same aspects you do but i hated the looks of the 435 as well (and i posted plenty about my ill feelings too). i too saw it's potential and committed to get comfortable with it. it wasn't long before i realized it's definitely the best and longest driver i've tried. i play with a softer ball (penta tp5) and once i got comfortable to go after this club all the time i realized the feel is actually pretty good. i haven't dared to say this but i can say it's more forgiving than my ryoma v-spec. now the ryoma is definitely straighter and it can disect fairways like no other driver but i'll still block one out right at least once or twice per round. however, there have been several rounds with the 435 in which i've not missed a fairway! so i say again, stick with this combo to get used to the sound and feel as long as it takes!

dammit chiro! Wil you stop about how good te 435 is already.. I'm really missing mine.. LOL

Merry christmas!

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. I am going to give it a fair shake this spring. The Launch Lab will be put away for the season, so I will really be focusing on the 435 vs. the Callaway Xtreme with the Diamana X shaft. The rest of the bag is set, so this will be the only equipment issue that I can focus on for the next season. I can't wait to see which one ends up as my gamer for the next year.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. I am going to give it a fair shake this spring. The Launch Lab will be put away for the season, so I will really be focusing on the 435 vs. the Callaway Xtreme with the Diamana X shaft. The rest of the bag is set, so this will be the only equipment issue that I can focus on for the next season. I can't wait to see which one ends up as my gamer for the next year.

I actually like the utilitarian look of the 435. It suits my eye. I considered hot melting the head to change the sound, but I worry about changing the performance of the head in an irreversible way.