S-Yard T.388 - Designed by Kenji Kobayashi

nobmontana

R, Wmclarenf1 checked it for me that it's not sold in Singapore. The distri no longer carries S-Yard. You saw T.388 there?

Actually, I'll go to Singapore next month (to hit his 435 and that Romaro H he's so proud ;-) Let me know if you also go.

I'm listing things I want coz I may stop by at Tokyo again. Will contact T to ask him company me to buy that Crazy skull bag.. maybe

Mark

Just let me know when you are here Mark.

We should have the T388 finally in the shop after this week.

And I will start blogging about it.

We will finally be getting our official pricing for S-Yard.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi T, yes I'll let you if I decide to go and am waiting for your blog about this driver comparing to others.

As I hit it today, got to say I love it. Ball flight is medium, higher than Ryoma but low than my Callaway-Regio combo. It's really long. It got highest HS in PRGR REP among other 2 drivers I tested today. With stock shaft like this, almost no need to buy expensive shaft to modify it.

Since this is my first driver head smaller than 460cc, I got problem teeing it. Got balls balloon a few times. I fixed it buy tee it lower. Is this the right way? Anyone pls suggest. Overall it's really a driver with forgiveness though.

Even though the stock shaft is really good, I'm keen to put the Regio in it.

Mark

Because the T388 does not necessarily have a deep face, it does make sense to tee it slightly lower.

Worked for me. :-) I have a bb7 in mine. Won't know its true flight until snow melts......

would love to see a couple of photos with a ball at address...

and to beat MBBG to the punch, not a one testicled naked lady either...

I swear I took pics of the head at address with a ball but I need to find where I put them.

These shots I took at S-Yard headquarters.

Kobayashi-san explained why he went with the matte black finish.

Too many heads these days are metallic or pearl like and distract from properly aligning with the ball, and many times due to the way the head reflects light (ie big gradient color spot right in the middle of the head or side or back depending on where the sun is) you can't make out the true shape of the head when setting up.

The matte black shows the outlines of the shape of the head far clearer and no glare to distract from focusing on the ball to the head.

For this reason the stock shaft which is a prototype from Graphite Design, which Kobayashi-san personally picked because it is a cross between the low spin and feel of a DI PLUS the control of the BB, is also matte black which is very cool.

As a matter of a fact the overall size and face shape is similar to the famed and legendary Technity 380 from Epon but with modern design aspects such as newer weighting, different CG placement (very short and shallow - Kobayashi-san says this head is very low spin) and newer aerodynamics plus of course a completely new forged cup face vs the old insert face which is why forgiveness is way up. Not many small heads with a full plasma welded forged hybrid cup face.

Once we get official pricing in the next few days we will be adding it to the shop and I have several blogs to do on S-Yard.

post-8383-0-33375500-1358397348.jpg

post-8383-0-98155100-1358397363.jpg

post-8383-0-24243600-1358397376.jpg

post-8383-0-14806200-1358397370.jpg

post-8383-0-27467100-1358397381.jpg

post-8383-0-03149900-1358399707.jpg

post-8383-0-29932700-1358399065.jpg

Face pics of T.388 and AF102

As you can see, T.388 face is not that deep.

post-14163-0-91910100-1358398688.jpg

Once I get it, I'll show some comparisons to the 340cc Kasco and the Zero

Nice camera work by both of you...

Edited by gocchin

In case no one mentioned it, the matt black shows a deep maroon color under sunlight.

Subtle but really cool!!

Here are more pics... including address.

S-Yard just sent me another demo so I shot some pics today.

Lots of people have a Ryoma so I shot the face profile next to a Ryoma... definitely not deep.

post-8383-0-99919500-1358571622.jpg

post-8383-0-73839700-1358571635.jpg

post-8383-0-20554300-1358573125.jpg

post-8383-0-99773900-1358571762.jpg

Wow,

The face profile makes the T.388 look like a FW next to the Ryoma.

First thing that comes to my mind after seeing the pics of this driver is, SOLID!!

:tsg_smiley_heart:

Edited by idrive

I'm thinking similar to Miura MD390...

Had one. From address it does look similar. Was quite the plain Jane. Just looking I would think the

T.388 looks like there's a lot more technology packed in.

Edit: come to think of it the Miura I had was the Precious Edition, same or similar?

Edited by idrive

Great pics as always...

Any chance of a comparison pic of those two with the Mizuno Craft MP 611 next to them (!)....? (I couldn't hold out and have one on order at 56 1/2 deg lie)

I'm really excited about this driver based on looks and who designed it. I am a little curious though what advantages come with the smaller head?

There are obviously disadvantages with a small head, so I'm wondering what this brings to the table to balance it out.

I know when I went to the more compact headed KPX from an r11s my striking improved greatly, idk if it the size or what but I hit the center of the club way more often. Maybe it's a visual or mental thing.

... I am a little curious though what advantages come with the smaller head? ...Maybe it's a visual or mental thing.

I think the obvious response is ...

Edited by RIduffer

I normally like deep faced drivers, but tbe 388 looks so "hittable" for lack of a better word. I like The kinda oval shape of The face

I know one guy really likes it. Other than that the silence is rather deafening...

Are there really that many people that have hit this driver? Seems like it's hard to even buy one at the moment, the first batch was sold out?