2013 Yamaha V Forged Tour Model 1st Range Session

bogeydog

First thoughts are excellent. Somehow Yamaha has retained the shape of the soles and topline view that I love. In fact, they have been able to stay consistent over the past few years. I have not compared them side by side with the others however have played enough that these don't appear foreign. I like the PW. Not much different to me than the others. Finish is a nice satin. On close examination they must have altered weight by varying the bulge of the back. There is some curvature to it. View from the toe looks like previous years. If you are a fan of the Yamaha shape, you will like these.

Keep in mind these have the stock S200 shafts that I hate. I will be changing them soon. Also I need the lie and length adjusted. So these results can only get better.

First thought is these are precision instruments. Almost a surgical aura about them. Awesome. Make me feel accurate.

Feel - Crisp Epon feel. Typical of all the Yamaha tour irons. I hit balls all over the face. Toe shots are felt however not harshly. Center and heel are nice and crisp. Positive with no sloppyness.

Feedback - You can tell exactly where you have hit the face.

Distance - Hard to say since I don't have my go to shafts installed.

Forgiveness - Very good. Up to cavity backs. Maybe. Better than other blades I have hit. Need more time.

Performance - As expected. Surgical. Pick your spot, swing well and they are there. Spin control excellent. Hard too describe but damn accurate.

Overall - Damn good, likely great. Need to hit in grass with my shafts. Need to get the lie and length adjusted. I expect great things here. I really enjoyed them. Something to their pin point accuracy here. Need some time to think of how to describe.

Get them.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great write up. :) what shafts were you plan on putting on the tours??

Thinking modus 3 or graphite. However have the Bangvoo shaft coming. May experiment with Aerotech or new UST Mamiya Tour 95s. Bangvoo first and if that doesn't work, next.

Sorry if I missed it elsewhere, but I didn't see you mention if you got the Tour or non-Tour.

Tours of course!

Thinking modus 3 or graphite. However have the Bangvoo shaft coming. May experiment with Aerotech or new UST Mamiya Tour 95s. Bangvoo first and if that doesn't work, next.

The UST shafts are very good indeed.

The UST shafts are very good indeed.

The Recoil Tour and Prototypes are new. Already tried the IS980T. The Recoils are expensive at approximately $115 reach.

I have been reading some great reviews on the new Fujikura metal composite iron (MCI) shafts.

Combines all the great characters of steel and carbon. You should check it out.

http://www.fujikurashaft.jp/mci/index.html

They come in 60g ranges up to 120g.

I have been reading some great reviews on the new Fujikura metal composite iron (MCI) shafts.

Combines all the great characters of steel and carbon. You should check it out.

http://www.fujikurashaft.jp/mci/index.html

They come in 60g ranges up to 120g.

What are you reading?

Great feedback Bob! Let us know how they go when you reshaft.

So far the feedback here in Japan has been superb for the tour model.

Probably why we can't get anymore and Yamaha are killing themselves to get all these sets built!

As I already told Bob by email. Fujikura's MCI is quite hot here in Japan. Its actually quite hard to get as its back ordered till late December due to demand. They use a new metal composite technology that creates a shaft with graphite like feel and distance but steel like dispersion. The wide variety of weight offerings is a huge plus. Its in my shaft bible so I will give feedback on it after I get the chance to read it and see it.

id love to try monacos in these!

Have a satin set patiently waiting.....

Edited by idrive

Going to be quite a battle with the Personals as I am in love with them.....

Going to be quite a battle with the Personals as I am in love with them.....

looking forward to another comparison between the two!

know what u mean........ im still in great thought as to whta to shaft them with..

i hit hte perosnals agna yesterday.......... gee whiz they really are such a pleasure to hit.

freezing cold... didnt make a lick of differnce they felt so good . no elbow blasters.... they are fast becoming my only playing set.

Well the Personals and Yama's are going to have the same shaft

so it will be a fair fight