2013 Yamaha V Forged Tour Model 1st Range Session

bogeydog

Ok round two at the range. Observations all stand however I feel stronger about the accuracy and the forgiveness. I live near a range called Top Golf which is a high tech range that has imbedded target at specific distance. The balls have rfid chips and can be read where they enter the targets.

Time after time I was able to hit the targets. Distance was insanely accurate. Baby draws. Forgiveness is damn good.

Has anyone else received theirs?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok round two at the range. Observations all stand however I feel stronger about the accuracy and the forgiveness. I live near a range called Top Golf which is a high tech range that has imbedded target at specific distance. The balls have rfid chips and can be read where they enter the targets.

Time after time I was able to hit the targets. Distance was insanely accurate. Baby draws. Forgiveness is damn good.

Has anyone else received theirs?

Sounds great... You're making the wait even worse!!

well... if u can all wait 24 hours............. i would have gamed my new diamana thump shafted ones in comp.

nothjing likewalkingoff the plane to the course.. with clubs youve never hit ....., on links in wind in a comp...

madness for some...... pleasure for others.

they wil be finished in 12 minutes.. ill be picking them up , flying out... and gaming tomorrow morning.

the start of the summer "season" all over agaion.

well... if u can all wait 24 hours............. i would have gamed my new diamana thump shafted ones in comp.

nothjing likewalkingoff the plane to the course.. with clubs youve never hit ....., on links in wind in a comp...

madness for some...... pleasure for others.

they wil be finished in 12 minutes.. ill be picking them up , flying out... and gaming tomorrow morning.

the start of the summer "season" all over agaion.

i livd it...i want to be like u when i grow up!!!

• 3 months later...

I played a round today with the set pf 2013 Tours I purchased from idrive and received this past week. I was pretty apprehensive about taking these out to tell you the truth (my most recent gamers are Ping G25's); however, I did OK with them. They are not impossible to hit for the average player, you just don't get very much correction or forgiveness for a less than accurate swing. The only thing I will say DISTINCTLY is that I am addicted to the feel. I know it is a cliche' but the feel when hit well was the biggest impression I took away from today. I can say that they do not perform well (for me) on the soft, spongy dormant bermuda fairways I played today. My bad shots were "chunky" mis**ts with massive loss of distance. Probably as much my swing as anything else. I did hit them well off tight lies, particularly my final iron shot of the day, 6 iron from around 155; got it on the green in regulation and 3 putted, but won the match nevertheless as our opponents both made double bogey on the hole.

I really want to hang onto them and make the commitment to stick with them. I think the reward will be there but for me it will be tough as I am a hard-core club whore. Any advice and encouragement from you guys would be appreciated!

Edited by Lennie

ive had plenty of time with mine on the most testing ground u can think of over chrissy and for the most......

i played like a mule.

the irons were super.

the shafts werent suited to me.

the heads are fantastic.

i m re shafting mine next week.

these heads are fabulous they are like the 2012 tour model but in a semi blade format.

they are forgiving blades or super aggressive cavities . u pick ur own label.

soetimes they paly in between for me.

i just rebuilt a set of 2010 tours with monaccos.

bec they heads aresoo good.

i keep coming back to yamaha

just make sure u have ur fav shafts in them.

they are deeeeeeeelish

keep the heads ...seriosuly keep em.

my ones are getting a set of NS protos next week i can t have these heads sitting idle.

they are too nice to play.

Edited by supo67

I played a round today with the set pf 2013 Tours I purchased from idrive and received this past week. I was pretty apprehensive about taking these out to tell you the truth (my most recent gamers are Ping G25's); however, I did OK with them. They are not impossible to hit for the average player, you just don't get very much correction or forgiveness for a less than accurate swing. The only thing I will say DISTINCTLY is that I am addicted to the feel. I know it is a cliche' but the feel when hit well was the biggest impression I took away from today. I can say that they do not perform well (for me) on the soft, spongy dormant bermuda fairways I played today. My bad shots were "chunky" mis**ts with massive loss of distance. Probably as much my swing as anything else. I did hit them well off tight lies, particularly my final iron shot of the day, 6 iron from around 155; got it on the green in regulation and 3 putted, but won the match nevertheless as our opponents both made double bogey on the hole.

I really want to hang onto them and make the commitment to stick with them. I think the reward will be there but for me it will be tough as I am a hard-core club whore. Any advice and encouragement from you guys would be appreciated!

Easiest advice is to settle in to multiple bags...

Interesting that you were digging in the ground so much. I haven't had that issue. Hang with them. They will grow on you. I played Sunday with limited success in the front 9. I didn't warm up. Once I turned the corner, went 1 over for the last nine.

I have spent significant time at the range on a Flight Scope. The pro who has one a few pro tournaments really is in love with them. My shafts are R flex Recoils and he lives them despite being too soft for him.

Edited by bogeydog

Interesting that you were digging in the ground so much. I haven't had that issue. Hang with them. They will grow on you. I played Sunday with limited success in the front 9. I didn't warm up. Once I turned the corner, went 1 over for the last nine.

I have spent significant time at the range on a Flight Scope. The pro who has one a few pro tournaments really is in love with them. My shafts are R flex Recoils and he lives them despite being too sift for him.

your pro thought r flex recoils were too stiff???

**edit** you'd think as well as i can decifer stew's posts that i should have been able to see that meant "soft"!

Edited by chiromikey

your pro thought r flex recoils were too stiff???

**edit** you'd think as well as i can decider stew's posts that i should have been able to see that meant "soft"!

Woops... Corrected.

We all pay tribute to Stew once in a while.

Woops... Corrected.

We all pay tribute to Stew once in a while.

me too apparently. not sure how my iphone will auto correct when i don't need it to but allows "decider". is that even a word???

ahh yea yea............ive got 3 left hands on a keyboard....

u shud see what my customers say, they are used to it and just laugh now , sometimes i cant even read what ive written.. 2 seconds after ive typed it

such is life..!

sorry all. im a mong!

i tried to fix it up so its a bit more legible

ahh yea yea............ive got 3 left hands on a keyboard....

Maybe that is the problem... Try typing with your fingers. Your hands are a little too blunt of an object to find specific keys. Kudos though, for making it as legible as you do when typing with your hands like that...

My gamer is the 2012 v forge tour yammies, which i find softer than my 302s.

Is there much diff between the tour 2013 vs 2012 ?

Thks

Had a set of the 2012's last year. Significant design difference but both feel terrific

Lennie, my tour 2012 plays 1- 1/2 club shorter than my epons 302, same shaft.

Do you find this to be the case for the 2013 tours ?

A full CB will usually have more distance than a more compact CB and for sure a blade, I think anyone who owned the personals noticed this. Recently we spoke to some of the designers at a brand that starts with the letter T and they shared with us that it's all about design and suggested the main reason to go for a blade is pretty much only workability. If your not interested in working the ball with extra precision you would get more distance and forgiveness with a CB which most of us already knew but still are drawn to blades anyway..lol

chris..... ididnt actually KNOW that.

i thought it was as much about the shafts and the loft that made the disatnce differnces.

the voldamorts NEPOschmersonals are shorter than my other clubs , all but the NEPO af-tours, they are shorter again with modus shafts

considerably so....

the new modus 130 shaft gets 1/2 club more distance in the voldamorts from most my recent experiences.

its def longer than the af-tours with modus 120. but... those things are made to hit to a spot .just not far.

................................ there is nothing that can compare to a day of well struck blades.................

nothing what so ever.

when u start cutting a ball in to pins and watching them fizzzzzzzzzz left/rigth

thats what blades are allabout for me.

chris..... ididnt actually KNOW that.

i thought it was as much about the shafts and the loft that made the disatnce differnces.

the voldamorts NEPOschmersonals are shorter than my other clubs , all but the NEPO af-tours, they are shorter again with modus shafts

considerably so....

the new modus 130 shaft gets 1/2 club more distance in the voldamorts from most my recent experiences.

its def longer than the af-tours with modus 120. but... those things are made to hit to a spot .just not far.

................................ there is nothing that can compare to a day of well struck blades.................

nothing what so ever.

when u start cutting a ball in to pins and watching them fizzzzzzzzzz left/rigth

thats what blades are allabout for me.

Yea we actually spoke to a couple of designers about this, we also had a chat with Mr. Kobayashi about the Nepo Voldemorts and he knew about the distance issue and acknowledged that he couldn't get more distance out of that design without sacrificing elsewhere, I'm playing the 13 ONOFF forged at the moment It's 2 full clubs longer due to design + jacked lofts + C-tapers.

Distance is the last of my worries. As long as I know what club goes a certain distance with consistency, i'm fine. If I need to go further, i'll just take a less lofted club. Sounds simplistic, but hey. I'm not out there to hit my 7 iron further than the next guy. What matters to me is workability and feedback.

Chanaa, I cant answer your question at this time having played only one round with the Yamahas. I souls need several rounds to get a better feel, although I am sure as others have said they may be a bit shorter than a CB.

• 4 weeks later...

Has any TSGers reshafted the 13 tours with monaco's? I would love to hear your feedback on this combo.

Me!

Match made in heaven mate.

Irones were initially shafted with Modus3 and i didnt like them at all. Was hitting the ball way too high.

Different beasts after reshafting with Monacos. Much better trajectory and feel.