Miura 5002 - Sort of

kaaayelll

Guys, this is a bit of strange post...not really a WTS...more of a does-this-light-anybody's-fire post...bear with me...

Blade Golf had a bunch of Miura 5002 sets made for them a number of years ago. They were made with Blade's stampings and shipped to Blade raw. Blade would do custom grinding, coat them in copper (yes, you read that right), and then finish them in Satin or Polished. Blade is done with their run of these blades (might have one more Polished set).

I recently bought two sets of heads - one Polished and one that I intend to make Satin. The set I intend for Satin is still raw. In fact, it's the last set Blade has in raw. I had them send the Polished set first so I could decide if I wanted any changes to the other set before finishing. I can still have them sent with just the copper coating. If I keep them, I'll have them finished because they're buttery soft even with the finish; I can only imagine them with just copper. Actually, RIDuffer had a set like this, so he could inform.

Anyway, I figured, before I finish these and destroy the opportunity for someone to have a new set of 5002s in copper, I'd see if anybody might want them unfinished.

post-15444-0-72457300-1370652389.jpg

post-15444-0-76060700-1370652418.jpg

post-15444-0-26460900-1370652496.jpg

Edited by kaaayelll

I hit these extensively today. Wow, it's hard to imagine a nicer set of blades - crisp AND soft...really wonderful. The hype behind the 5002 is justified! Of course, the Ezones I hit along side are awfully nice in their own right, but I digress. I'm going to move ahead with the Satin finishing, though I think I'll leave one set of wedges Copper. Ooh la la...so nice, so fun. Somehow, I feel like having some French chocolate when thinking about these.

• 1 month later...

If you're keeping both play one set in copper... You can always plate later... The best set I ever sold was that set in copper.

• 2 months later...

I have a set of 5002s and for some reason, I think the pw, 9, 8 have a bit more offset than my callaway x-protos. They have nasty shafts in them that I'm trying to convince myself to reshaft. I've hit them, and I read a lot of love for Miura, but dare I say, the callaways feel..softer. Is that possible?

• 2 months later...

Shame the copper wedges are accounted for..............great picture Kurt. Which model of Miura wedges are these the equivalent of?