looks like a complete brand re-launch for Homna in 2013

Golfbaka

Looks like Honma are pretty much re-launching their brand for 2013. Reading through their marketing blub it seems they're seriously targeting a younger customer base and trying to stop their gradual decline. They are one of the few golf companys that actually own their own factory as well.

I knew the Japanese golf market was big but I didn't realise that it was roughly twice the size of the US market!!

http://www.honmagolf...rld_vizard/#top

gallery_photo_9.jpg

those new irons look pretty sweet to me same about the drivers... New shaft brand as well. Might actually have to demo some!

It's about time! That blade looks pretty decent but too busy on the back. I'd hit it!

Edited by swisstrader

The blade looks similar to the anniversary 'Vega' blade. I like the small CB iron though. Very smart.

Like the look of them all....

i like the blade. wasn't their big "thing" in the past about having a special casting process that felt better than forged?

Finally something decent looking from Homma...in the past it was too glittery for my taste but guess I'm not their market segment. I know some friends who swear by Homma....

This product ticks the box for in overall design but it doesn't get away from the fact that their current logo has a mole incorporated into into it!! For me if they want to use the Honma name they should have used their italicized retro logo or used the kanji  本間 for their name (or hired me as their marketing consultant!!!)

Honma is constantly trying to reinvent themselves.... Beres Revolution was supposed to be an evolution and a rebirth of the brand.

Since new ownership... I sometimes wonder what is going on there... orders take longer than ever, costs went up, and they can't seem to get a sense of where they want to head.

This may not be a relaunch of their brand as the TW series is not new... its just been missing for a couple of years.