Tourstage 2013 X-Blade and X-Drive Discussion

gocchin

Tourstage has a full release for 2013 including 3 new forged irons the 909 (Muscle Back), 709 MC (Muscle Cavity) and 709 CB (Cavity Back). Irons look great!

There will also be 3 adjustable drivers, a pro model 909 (most likely 400cc or less) and the 709 in 450cc and 430cc sizes. (these heads were shown on the R&A site actually a couple of months ago).

We don't have much else now just some pics from Japanese sites.

post-8383-0-84381900-1355557965.jpg

post-8383-0-23265500-1355557973.jpg

gorgeous looking... Tourstage always produce great looking clubs and in my opinion, great feeling clubs. They have done a lot to popularize Endo forgings....... maybe thiese offerings will spark some renewed enthusiasm for the brand amongst this little niche?

Any word on availability?

and hopefully we will get some full playing and in depth reviews.....

Nice looking stuff, back to form for Tourstage maybe? Shades of Xblade 901 on the blade

as someone who is still playing the mr-23 us blade, i think an upgrade to these new 909's is in order, Tario, I know not much info is known, but do you have any idea on shaft options for the irons? I just got my flat black crazy toyoshima wedges with the crazy sports target tour 120 wedge shafts, and would explore the option of the the target tour 120 (non wedge) in these, also would bridgestone offer dynamic gold tour issue?

thanks.

So do they sell adapters too?

Think you should add that to any adjustable driver item page along with the price of the adapter. I for one am hesitant to purchase an adjustable driver if I can't play with different shafts...

• 1 month later...

I believe march 8 is the release date for the new iron sets and drivers.

gocchin, will you be able to get the 909 x-blade in a full 3-PW set? I know they are releasing 5-PW as the set and then 3 and 4 irons individually.... either dynamic gold or modus3 are the shaft options for the irons i believe and a GD shaft for the drivers.

Look very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone try these yet? If I buy a driver this year it's either the 909, Nike Cavity thing or the Taylormade R1 (even though I can't stand Taylormade). I heard it's exceptional.

Question ... Is Tourstage the biggest brand (market share for clubs in Japan)?