Wanting to replace the only non-jdm club in my bag - Putter suggestions

wmclarenf1

if u guys want a JDMN putter then u HAVE TO LOOK at yamada-sans putters

the Hiro M stuff has gone a differnt tack these days low quality high turn over ( so im relaibly told).

the yamada putters are very good pieces and get air time in pros bags all over the place.

ive got ahd a lot of these and think they are tops

the other thing u can do is hunt down hiro matsumotos older putter.. NOT the new stuff.

then ull get a good putter. t he 1999 special ed. is easily as good as anyhting else ive got

Where can I actually buy a Yamada putter? I've read a lot about the softness in all the burning copper putters!! Would love to try...

See you're in Bangkok. Check out at Beam golf on 2nd floor of Thaniya Plaza. I saw a few of them. The shop owner is japanese - will give you nice advice but he's not kind in price.

Mark

Thanks Mark!! I'll check them out. Hope they have left handed putters.

itheres prob no reason why T cant get u one ....

although yamada-san can be a pretty finicky kinda fella at times( ive found.............)

but there shudnt be too many probs with access to them

if there was gong to be one putter brand in the shop here is SHUD be yamadas.... theres a diverse range to cover all bases and his quality if top notch.

they have their own website

they arnt found in stores like scottys

theres a guy in western australia that is a distributor of them

but tario shud be able to get in contact withe main man and get u sorted id imagine

ive seen a pretty diverse fange of his collection and i think his works are very very sound.

they dont come cheap. but quality shoudlnt IMO

32-33 putts per round? You need different irons and wedges to get you closer to the pin... That or a wider gimme range... Personally, I am down to 22 putts per round using those methods...

:D

22 putts per round?? I had no idea Ben Crenshaw was posting on TSG!

Best putter I've ever owned was my little Miura KM 350. Tiny head scared the heck out of me at first, but so well balanced and so soft and pure. I also like how much I learned from my Edel putter fitting and that putter probably fits me best, but not as pretty as the 350. Also just bought a betti, but weather sucks too much to test out.

See you're in Bangkok. Check out at Beam golf on 2nd floor of Thaniya Plaza. I saw a few of them. The shop owner is japanese - will give you nice advice but he's not kind in price.

Mark

I'll after check that out when I'm over there!!

22 putts per round?? I had no idea Ben Crenshaw was posting on TSG!

You must have missed a couple of posts down where I cop to that being sarcasm based on the overly generous gimme range I allow myself, 10' or so...