2013 ONOFF Forged Iron Pics

TourSpecGolfer

These came in today for a customer... I'm getting a set! For Sure!

It's perfect now, They reduced the offset, made the head more compact and gave it a thinner top line. The sole is thinner as well and there is a subtle leading and trailing edge relief now.

It's still got the tungsten weights. A few sets arrived straight from the Labo Dept in Japan. We have a couple of TSG'ers who will be very happy very soon!

gallery_18_4_166274.jpg

gallery_18_4_1339.jpg

gallery_18_4_40067.jpg

gallery_18_4_27927.jpg

gallery_18_4_5047.jpg

Jeez arse, is there any JDM irons that don't look good?

Edited by Ian-500

I've been eyeballing these too as baddmnkey well knows! Gorgeous!

I think Roger Cleveland had been lurking at OnOff because the new X-forged look like brothers..... and we know

where the design came from first.. and it wasn't Callaway.

Funny cuz x forged crossed my mind seeing these pictures too.

Is this forged from S20C Steel?

Yeah,, good looking stuff. Maybe a bit too shiny?

I love these! I might get one for the 2013 season for myself! I especially love the new milling on the face. You can see the cross pattern which is cool. It feel soft just by looking at it!!! :)

Yeah,, good looking stuff. Maybe a bit too shiny?

These are supposed to be a toned down satin type finish, I think the pictures probably exacerbated the glossy look if I had to guess.

Hmmm very nice!

Lets hope I made the right decision !!

No extra sets, what gets sent to us are customer orders.

Yes S20C.

Face milling is different from Yamaha though it does feature crosses/X's.

I don't consider them shiny, the edges of the back face are mirror but the sole is tungsten, the topline and the neck and face are all satin.

Roger Cleveland spends a lot of time in Japan including at at Endo where this was forged...

Hmmm very nice!

Lets hope I made the right decision !!

I can tell you now, you did not make the right choice as it was not the '09s. Not to mention you will be back here next year making this decision all over again...

Happy New Year...

Hahahahahaha you tell him Steve.

I can tell you now, you did not make the right choice as it was not the '09s. Not to mention you will be back here next year making this decision all over again...

Happy New Year...

Those 09 OnOffs are like a fart in an elevator...they just won't go away!

Well 2 of us just took the plunge on these, can't wait to see some reviews and for my set to get here. I think these are a great fit for me.

Those 09 OnOffs are like a fart in an elevator...they just won't go away!

Nah, Farts eventually dissipate… :atsg_smilie_poop:

Happy New Year...

I hope your right!!

All the best

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, Tario....Anyone have a review on these yet? Waiting for my set to get here but I would like to hear some opinions for those who have tried them.

I have about 10+ reviews lined up for the blog but have been backed up with so many other things.

The ONOFF Forged is one of them.

As it has been in previous years, it is a stand out iron in its class, for the mid capper to better player there probably is no iron as balanced when it comes to feel, distance and ease of use with some workability.

There is some offset, the head size is not overly large nor is it overly small.

People who like compact cavities and muscle backs may be turned off by the ONOFF Forged but then again they would not be looking at this model unless they wanted a very easy to launch iron with very strong distance.

For the improving player and anyone wanting ease of use, it s the change to get forgiveness without sacrificing feel.

Several aspects of the ONOFF Forged help enhance the feel including the grind which has alot of leading edge relief to help you get under the ball. The large amount of tunsten in the back sole push the CG lower so if players pick the ball and tend to hit lower on the face, this is an advantage as the sweet spot is lower. They counter the weight though by adding that extra triangle on the back face towards the top of the cavity to keep it from being too low on the face.

post-8383-0-33234100-1358559089.jpg

The milled face is awesome, while I cannot confirm the actual spin improvement, I get the strangest sensation, like I did when Yamaha added the milling that it somehow softens the feel.

post-8383-0-79952800-1358559216.jpg

As with the previous years model I would not hesitate to bag this iron and probably will at some point this year. Just does everything well, especially since I don't mind the size or offset. (its not that big, not THAT much offset)

post-8383-0-54783000-1358559444.jpg

Thanks T.

Can't wait to get/hit mine! This has been one of the most excruciating instances I've ever had waiting on new clubs because in so excited about them.