Kamui Tanzo Irons

Ian-500

Anyone ever tried these older irons? Are they forged or cast?

• 3 years later...

A 4 year old question, but I did try a set of these.  

From the top, they look exactly like the old Macgregor 1025C forged irons which I played 10 years ago. The 1025C also came in a cavity back / blade combo set called the 1025CM.   One thing I liked about the Tanzo is that the PW and AW are blade style. 

There are a couple of differences with the Tanzo.   The sole design has a slope on heel and toe side of the sole.  And they are definitely the softest irons I have ever hit.  Noticeably softer than my S20C Yonex irons.

Kamui_6I.png

Kamui_AW.png

Edited by donnieu

Thanks for the info. So are they cast or forged?

Thanks Chris. I think they look pretty good. I may have to pick some up in the future, especially now I've heard that they 'feel' soft.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, says FORGED on back side of hosel.  7-A play great.  5-6 are a bit below average in forgiveness.

• 5 years later...
On 12/12/2016 at 6:21 AM, Ian-500 said:

Thanks Chris. I think they look pretty good. I may have to pick some up in the future, especially now I've heard that they 'feel' soft.

Maybe you didn’t pick them up. 😊

Have to say though… These older irons are pretty darnn close to the current offering.!

Edited by hutchy

8 hours ago, hutchy said:

Maybe you didn’t pick them up. 😊

Have to say though… These older irons are pretty darnn close to the current offering.!

Hahahahaha, great find. Looking at these now I must have had my beer googles on. What was I thinking! They look rubbish.....definitely prefer the KP-102's.

Mate I remember everything. Sure you were looking at the 101 at some point. Not sure you are doing yourself justice with that. I still love using my 4.6. HVe you used one lately.? Fark it’s such an addictive driver.