Good News & Bad News...

TourSpecGolfer

So the Epon Personals are sold out and were told never to be produced again. They will surely go down as one of Epons best ever...

More bad news? Yes the Original Gangsta driver the Epon 460ZR, the mold was damaged beyond repair at ENDO... Never again :o(

Ready for some Good News? in Storage we found a case in the corner that we thought was 2011 Tour Bags. When opened we were ecstatic to find a bunch of Epon Zen putters new in box.

Last new Zens anywhere, if u need one let me know! They won't last long.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need any help with inventory control, stock taking etc?

So there were only 300 Zens made by Epon if I recall correctly, and only 8 sent to TSG. Now there are a bunch of Zens that were hiding somewhere?

Also, on the Personals, never understood a company that has a sell out product and announces "all done" vs "good news, the product was so popular that we are producing more this year".

All good things must come to an End!

Need any help with inventory control, stock taking etc?

If thousands of dollars worth of rare limited edition Epon putters can turn up in the warehouse, I'm wondering if a UFO, Sasquatch, Jimmy Hoffa, Loch Ness Monster, DB Cooper, the meaning of life, and Amelia Earhardt might be tucked away in there as well.

Might wanna take a gander!

So there were only 300 Zens made by Epon if I recall correctly, and only 8 sent to TSG. Now there are a bunch of Zens that were hiding somewhere?

Also, on the Personals, never understood a company that has a sell out product and announces "all done" vs "good news, the product was so popular that we are producing more this year".

Kudos to Epon for not producing more of a limited release. It took 6-7 months for 500 sets to sell worldwide so they weren't exactly flying off the racks. They're boutique and don't need to release more to make a few extra bucks whilst pissing off the people who bought them thinking they were limited to a certain amount.

I'd be pretty disappointed if I found out that there were more than 500 or 300 sets of personals or zen putters floating around and sounds like epon is not planning on doing that to existing owners thankfully.

Finding those putters is pretty crazy. Sounds like the inventory process needs a little refinement.

For those that never had or were able to hit the 460ZR, missed out on the best feeling, most satisfying Driver,

perhaps ever.

How the hell does the leading manufacturer of forged irons in the world break the mold for the "most satisfying, best feeling driver" anyways lol

How the hell does the leading manufacturer of forged irons in the world break the mold for the "most satisfying, best feeling driver" anyways lol

Maybe they were going to re badge it as RF ....

I'll get my coat!!

I got the Epon 460ZR Driver. Could not get the ball in the air and sold it. I think I had the stock shaft but can't remember. I DO remember it had the most incredible low spin ball flight I ever had. Tried it out during the winter for a few holes. Should of kept it as it had so many great reviews!

I also missed one that came up for sale!!

I would have loved them to release the 460ZR as the RF-460. That's one re-hash I would have been happy about.

In regards to the Zen, I believe there are are more than 5 that were found we will see how long they take to sell.

I've had a few people asking whats the #/300 on it. The Zen doesn't have any stamping on it designating that.

Broken tooling, who knows how that happened it sucks though as that driver is one of my all time favorites.

Next month I'll be saying, guess what guys we found more personal irons...jk :tsg_smiley_pinocchio:

I would have loved them to release the 460ZR as the RF-460. That's one re-hash I would have been happy about.

In regards to the Zen, I believe there are are more than 5 that were found we will see how long they take to sell.

I've had a few people asking whats the #/300 on it. The Zen doesn't have any stamping on it designating that.

Broken tooling, who knows how that happened it sucks though as that driver is one of my all time favorites.

Next month I'll be saying, guess what guys we found more personal irons...jk :tsg_smiley_pinocchio:

If you do find more of the anser style Epn i33 putters, plse drop me a PM.

I got the Epon 460ZR Driver. Could not get the ball in the air and sold it. I think I had the stock shaft but can't remember. I DO remember it had the most incredible low spin ball flight I ever had. Tried it out during the winter for a few holes. Should of kept it as it had so many great reviews!

You and I must have very difference swing profiles then becuase the ZR while being best feeling was also high spinning for me and hence not the best distance wise.

Is there a way to verify what number set of 500 a customer got by contacting Epon and giving them the serial number off the 7 iron?

Being a "Limited set of 500 Worldwide" or "limited to 300 Zen putters worldwide" you would guess/assume they would have some way to let the customer know what number Personal / Zen you have...especially paying the inflated price for a Limited item, no?

Anyone tried contacting Epon on this?

Edited by Baddmnkey

Is there a way to verify what number set of 500 a customer got by contacting Epon and giving them the serial number off the 7 iron?

Being a "Limited set of 500 Worldwide" or "limited to 300 Zen putters worldwide" you would guess/assume they would have some way to let the customer know what number Personal / Zen you have...especially paying the inflated price for a Limited item, no?

Anyone tried contacting Epon on this?

You can try but I'm sure the answer is no.

And why would it matter outside of curiosity?

It really doesn't matter to ME per se but it may to some.

It could be the ideal of exclusivity knowing you have a very limited set?

Kind of like when Scotty Cameron comes out with a limited run of their putters and they are all numbered.

I'd have to imagine Epon would be able to verify and track serial numbers for limited edition products...otherwise why even have them?

I'm sure they could tell you what run and what retailer it was sent to but whether or not they could or would tell you what exact number it was out of 300 is hard to say.

I have no reason to believe that Epon wouldn't be on the up and up about the quantities produced of limited models but its pretty well documented how its been done by other companies. Make limited edition at high cost. Create large demand. Sell out. Make more.

I personally would find it very interesting to know what # of the 300 or 500 or whatever my limited edition whatever might be. It's just part of the pride of owning something limited and costly.

If you do find more of the anser style Epn i33 putters, plse drop me a PM.

Me sure to add me to that list please ... Lol

You know your set is limited when its sold out never to be made again, it's resale value is sky high and people are buying more than 1 because they love them to pieces.