Good News & Bad News...

TourSpecGolfer

I wonder if Japanese manufacturers issue COA's for gear that's limited run. I think someone mentioned it for Scottie's and I've seen it done for some limited Bettis or Miuras. I would think a boutique like Epon that only produces 300 or 500 items should include some sort of COA.

I never personally cared so much about a golf club that's "limited edition". I buy my golf gear to play better golf, not make a profit or think long term imvestment. I also believe that there are very few if any limited run golf sets that suddenly went up in value and brought 3-4 times the original purchase price, unless we're talking about clubs by Tiger or Nicklaus.

Just like I say to my wife who is in the equestrian business, to say "investment horse" is an oxymoron at best.

Edited by swisstrader

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it tomcat! Very rare for irons to go up in prices! I know putters would!

As an aside, I use to collect MacGregor Tommy Armour Silver Scott Putters. Looks very much like the Zen! Before Ebay, people were selling them for $1000 to $1500 a putter. After Ebay, it turned out they were not as rare as one thought. I think they are selling for about $100 a putter. Oh well. I still have about 10 of these putters. Great looking. Let me know if anyone wants to see pics and I can post.

Edited by Henry

As I've said before, it is EXTREMELY rare for golf gear to go up in value. Yes, for Scottie's, but they are a special breed and due to all the hype, the skies the limit with some of the small run or 1 of X putters. Not true with just about any other manufacturer and that's for putters, irons, and drivers.

Would I like to think that my now out of stock and never to be made again Personals will double or triple in value 2 years from now...sure. Do I think that will ever happen?...nope!

If you're looking for an investment, go find a 1957 Mercedes Gullwing:)

just bought a Zen...I am weak... :(

Lets hope it keeps good time!!

I prefer collecting watches ;) Much easier to store :D

same here! i just picked up my grail watch. ramen noodles for all but the baby Lol

that aside, it truly is bad news that the personals ARE sold out. they were one of a kind.

props to those that have them, and if you decide to sell them DONT!

same here! i just picked up my grail watch. ramen noodles for all but the baby Lol

that aside, it truly is bad news that the personals ARE sold out. they were one of a kind.

props to those that have them, and if you decide to sell them DONT!

To late SOLD my Set!!

:-(

You could have let me try 'em before you sold 'em mate......baaa humbug.

You could have let me try 'em before you sold 'em mate......baaa humbug.

Plenty plenty left

Did noteven know u had one. Sneaky

Dale had set no 501;)

Did noteven know u had one. Sneaky

Hmmmm

Never had them Shafted !

Sat waiting for me to make my mind up!

Then the Yamaha Bug Got me ... And all I see now is the 3 tuning Forks!

Dale had set no 501;)

Yeh I made these in my spare time!!

Can't get anymore Personal than that!!

Doesn't take long!