Monster 3 woods for 2013?? So many champion drivers, what about woods?

Spoon

Hey c,

Although kp07 does not have hollow feeling, weight of head is pretty light too.

But I think you can customize the head weight.

yeam if i do i will specify 215grams at least.

So would you say the target profile of the F3 is similar to the Egg FW which is also very light (lighter than the F3?)

Anyone played both the F3 and second gen Egg FW? Which is longer, more forgiving, launches higher, spins more etc? IS one better than the other off the Tee? FW?

i had and gamed both. i prefer the shape of the egg and preferred the feel. the ryoma though is more

forgiving and is longer and easier to launch BUT egg does all of those as well.. spin would depend on shaft.

for the tee, dont even bother trying it on the egg, ryoma is better of the tee but tee it really really low though.

if i had to choose i would get the egg, more solid feeling.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i had and gamed both. i prefer the shape of the egg and preferred the feel. the ryoma though is more

forgiving and is longer and easier to launch BUT egg does all of those as well.. spin would depend on shaft.

for the tee, dont even bother trying it on the egg, ryoma is better of the tee but tee it really really low though.

if i had to choose i would get the egg, more solid feeling.

Thanks. So in your opinion, Egg beats the F3 only on feel?

I guess it's all Subjective

But this Years Yamaha 3 wood with GD shaft seems to be the easiest and longest I've hit....

A, the shape is of course subjective. I find no problem with my Ryoma F3 coz I'm also playing XXIO7 FW3. One thing I hate is the impact sound. It's like kranggggg... you know what I mean. Anyway, I got better result with Ryoma than with Egg v2 (demo club in stock shaft).

It seems like the shaft I longed for FW01 EV 6.9 is a bit too heavy/stiff for me as I'm having trouble hitting it up. Kinda sad right now

Mark

Nothing beats the Ryoma F3 in terms of performance, forgiveness, and maybe distance - Its a point and shoot fairway wood for me.

I really like the shape at address, the bigger head for me truly gives that confidence. With regards to the feel & sound I guess its not that bad although I prefer the Ping G10 in that aspect. However, performance is more paramount than anything else for me.

I have an egg spoon 2nd Gen too and I know lots of people love them - but I figured this club doesn't suit me.

+1 on the Ryoma F3.

I also played both the 2gen Egg and Ryoma F3 and in terms of distance and forgiveness goes to Ryoma. Also easy to hit off the deck as mini driver.

However the only thing is I find if I'm not on perfect fairway lie, then putting this F3 into play becomes a challenge but off the deck it's a winner !! I cannot hit my Egg off the deck somehow...

+1 on the Ryoma F3.

I also played both the 2gen Egg and Ryoma F3 and in terms of distance and forgiveness goes to Ryoma. Also easy to hit off the deck as mini driver.

However the only thing is I find if I'm not on perfect fairway lie, then putting this F3 into play becomes a challenge but off the deck it's a winner !! I cannot hit my Egg off the deck somehow...

Maybe tee it lower?

Maybe tee it lower?

For the egg, I tried teeing lower, no tee but just don't work for me. The head is way too light and I cannot seem to have no control with it. Anyway sold it off to someone in UK whom might have better luck gaming her than me.

Off the deck means hitting it while the ball is sitting on the ground. Be it fairway or whatever.

I'm playing the EGGHD with Crazy FW80, previously it had the Fubuki in it. It's a bit low for me, not as long as the normal egg. The FW80 really keeps it in check, dead straight very penetrating.

I'm thinking of going back to the Ryoma now after reading this post.

I am all about Ryoma being the best driver for me. There is no question that is the Driver I would keep if only getting to

have one driver (heaven forbid).

I did not get along with the Ryoma Fw at all, I mean AT ALL.

Loved and had the original Egg spoon with FW80 in it as my #1 favorite until it was stolen. Played the Yamaha and really

like it but a little tougher for me to launch from anything but a good fairway lie. Enter the Egg HD, shafted with Quadra.

This puppy will not be leaving the bag anytime soon. Best all around 3 wood I've ever played.

i'm beginning to think anything shafted with a quadra or other 80t shaft is going to be a champion. i know the ngs is largely responsible for the love i have for my tourstage...

I am all about Ryoma being the best driver for me. There is no question that is the Driver I would keep if only getting to

have one driver (heaven forbid).

I did not get along with the Ryoma Fw at all, I mean AT ALL.

Loved and had the original Egg spoon with FW80 in it as my #1 favorite until it was stolen. Played the Yamaha and really

like it but a little tougher for me to launch from anything but a good fairway lie. Enter the Egg HD, shafted with Quadra.

This puppy will not be leaving the bag anytime soon. Best all around 3 wood I've ever played.

i,

Can you elaborate on what about the F3 you did not like?

As for your comment on the Ryoma driver, I can;t agree more. If forced to go with just one driver, my D1 TJ-46 is it!

i'm beginning to think anything shafted with a quadra or other 80t shaft is going to be a champion. i know the ngs is largely responsible for the love i have for my tourstage...

I was reluctant to put the quadra in the HD as I had one in my Ryoma and did not get along very well with it. Completely different animal for me in

the HD.

i,

Can you elaborate on what about the F3 you did not like?

As for your comment on the Ryoma driver, I can;t agree more. If forced to go with just one driver, my D1 TJ-46 is it!

For me the FW sits WAY to upright. When I miss the sweet spot then it's hit toward the toe. I can say that when i miss it's never

off of the heel. because of the flatter sole and larger head the toe sits so far in the air I'm practically cutting the ball in half. can't get it in the air with any consistency.

In other words the heel is on the ground and the toe is an inch off of the ground.

For me the FW sits WAY to upright. When I miss the sweet spot then it's hit toward the toe. I can say that when i miss it's never

off of the heel. because of the flatter sole and larger head the toe sits so far in the air I'm practically cutting the ball in half. can't get it in the air with any consistency.

In other words the heel is on the ground and the toe is an inch off of the ground.

What length were you playing it at? Could it be that you played it longer than the 43 prescribed by Ryoma? Thanks for the feedback.

What length were you playing it at? Could it be that you played it longer than the 43 prescribed by Ryoma? Thanks for the feedback.

No Jeff and I are short! Common issue with fairways woods and hybrids.

Got a D1 F3 on the way in. Could put a similar Quadra 55 SR shaft in her to give it a good side by side compare with the Egg Spoon!

Good luck with new combo and hope it works out for you.

I agree with Jeff in terms of the F3 being too upright. Yup I'm a shorty as well. I hit Gian's F3 not bad at all but I know it could be better especially off the deck if the lie angle is flatter.

There was a link here showing Tiger's 3w lie angle as being 56*? Heck mine should be less than 55 being about 7" shorter :)

I agree with Jeff in terms of the F3 being too upright. Yup I'm a shorty as well. I hit Gian's F3 not bad at all but I know it could be better especially off the deck if the lie angle is flatter.

There was a link here showing Tiger's 3w lie angle as being 56*? Heck mine should be less than 55 being about 7" shorter :)

Hi,

I won't have that problem because i only use 3W off the tee on tight par 4s. It's shot for shot the most expensive club in my bag LOL.

I am in the process of contemplating a kamui tp07 fw build

Real heavy 215 g head 1* open 1* flat 16* shafted with a BB7 shaft.

Have had success with all my gd shafts and the BB sounds like a nice lowish low

Combo.

C- Does this mean your Yamaha 4w is going out the bag??