Aerotech steelfiber shafts- How do you choose which one?

Mob

you got me interested in these...until i realized they only come in x. :(

If you're doing 5-p try a couple of soft steps... The X are very manageable.....

Also there is the non-Tour version. Not sure on those, but the Tours are 80T carbon per Tario..

Edited by RIduffer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked them up on TSG and I saw multiple weights and flexes

I was looking at the regular Attas irons. Tour only shows x flex option. I am starting to feel lost with all these options popping up. I may need to turn my phone and computer off and go have a drink.

I was looking at the regular Attas irons. Tour only shows x flex option. I am starting to feel lost with all these options popping up. I may need to turn my phone and computer off and go have a drink.

Be careful, drinking is like JDM. 1 begets 2 turns into 4 becomes 8 soon you're bankrupt, morally and financially. Them you're admitting to a problem and on an 18 step/hole program...

Be careful, drinking is like JDM. 1 begets 2 turns into 4 becomes 8 soon you're bankrupt, morally and financially. Them you're admitting to a problem and on an 18 step/hole program...

Don't scare away, when you become an official club ho, you are finally part of the TSGER family!!

Ok, so after further research and looking at multiple reviews, I think I am going to try the Recoils. I have an email into UST Mamiya in Dallas to see if they can recommend a fitter within driving distance of Indianapolis. If not, then it may be a quick trip down to Dallas, to get properly fit at their main headquarters in the U.S. As I said before, this is all going to have to wait until I heal from my surgery anyway, so April is likely the earliest it will happen.

As for being a club ho, I think that ship has sailed a long time ago. I have two sets here, 4 drivers, 3 extra driving shafts, a set in L.A. at my brothers house, a set in Philly at my father-in-laws house, and a set in Colorado at my father-in-laws other club. Time to get rid of some of the old stuff.

Whatever you do dont drink and THEN get on TSG, you'll end up with a set of Crazy, Attas and maybe a set of Recoils!!!!

Friends dont let friends drink and get online!

Anyone spend a lot of time with aerotech shafts and then successfully go back to steel shafts? I first tried a set of i95 stiff in some fourteen tc770 heads. My first hit I was ready to put the set up for sell. Now after 3 range sessions I am getting dangerously addicted to the comfort of the aerotech shafts. Even tho I still play steel (c taper) in my wedges, I don't think I can go back to steel in my irons.

Anyone spend a lot of time with aerotech shafts and then successfully go back to steel shafts? I first tried a set of i95 stiff in some fourteen tc770 heads. My first hit I was ready to put the set up for sell. Now after 3 range sessions I am getting dangerously addicted to the comfort of the aerotech shafts. Even tho I still play steel (c taper) in my wedges, I don't think I can go back to steel in my irons.

Wait till you try high modulus carbon, then the Aerotechs will feel off...

I emailed the UST fitting center in Dallas asking about Recoils, and here is his response to my interest. I am very impressed so far with their responsiveness.

Jean-Pierre,

Thank you for your interest. I would be more than happy to help you with the recoils in your irons. I'm sure we could find someone local to take care of you but I have a lot of confidence in this product as I have been involved with them for the last three years in the development stages and also run our Tour Performnace Studio fitting center. In a perfect world you coming to Dallas to work with me on the trackman would be the best but I'm confident we can set you up without needing the travel. If you can send me some info on your swing such as speed, tempo, load, release point, and what you are looking to achieve performance wise with the Recoils we can get started. I also give golf WRX members 25% off which always helps and stand behind our products and my builds. For example, if whatever we go with doesn't work for whatever reason, I will get you taken care of with replacement product free of charge. I am a huge believer in customers for life and know our products will not dissapoint. Looking forward to workin with you. Thanks

Robert Ennis

UST Tour Performance Studio

Manager/ Master Fitter

Whatever you do dont drink and THEN get on TSG, you'll end up with a set of Crazy, Attas and maybe a set of Recoils!!!!

Friends dont let friends drink and get online!

That could almost be me... Just missing the set of Thumps and an outgoing set of Roddio...

I agree. Very impressive that this guy is responding to me on a Saturday night. I will always reward anyone who gets the old school customer service concept. I will certainly give these a try.

Unfortunately, due to recent elbow surgery, it won't be til April. Maybe someone else will do it before me.

I finally decided on a plan. Left handed Epon Af302 5 - PW + 52 and 56 degree Epon wedge with copper finish, UST Recoil Prototype 110 F4 shafts in the irons and 125 F4 in the wedges with Iomic Grips. Oh boy, this is going to be expensive! It will take about 6 weeks to get these due to left handed and copper finish. The good news is that they will be ready, right about the time I can start swinging a golf club again.

Congratulations on the decision. Sounds like it will be an amazing set when completed...

Is there anything we can do to confuse you more?

Congratulations on the decision. Sounds like it will be an amazing set when completed...

Is there anything we can do to confuse you more?

Oh, I think you have done enough :tsg_smilie_smile2: . Actually, had it not been for this post, I never would have learned about the Recoil shafts. After spending some time researching, these look like a step up in feel from the Steel Fibers. I am currently feeling pretty good about the configuration I settled on. I only hope they perform, given the money that is going into them.

Mob is epon doing the copper finish on tour order? I didn't know that option was still available on their irons? Looking forward to seeing pics when finished.

I might start trying to play left handed on the off chance your set makes it to bst.

I'm not sure. I know that it has been done in the past. I believe the dealer/fitter has placed the order. The copper finish is an expensive upgrade, I was told $100/club. I believe very few people end up doing it because of the cost, not because they can't do it. I debated whether to do this or not for a while, but ultimately knew that if I didn't do it, I would think about it every time I look down at the club. Between this upgrade, and the Recoil shafts, this set is going to cost somewhere around $3200. Don't tell my wife, or she may think I have lost my mind.

That is gonna be an insane set.

I want to put a set of Recoils in the 2013 OnOffs I hope are waiting on me when I get back from Colorado next Wed. The more sensible part of me wants to stop hemorrhaging money on golf clubs when it is 16 degree for a high outside and snow on the ground for the foreseeable future.

I want to put a set of Recoils in the 2013 OnOffs I hope are waiting on me when I get back from Colorado next Wed. The more sensible part of me wants to stop hemorrhaging money on golf clubs when it is 16 degree for a high outside and snow on the ground for the foreseeable future.

You will have to stop by in Indy some time on your way to Southern Indiana, and we can play a round together. I haven't played Pete Dye's new course in French Lick, but I hear it is truly an unbelievable course.

If you do want a set of UST Recoils, the guy to work with is Bobby Ennis at the UST Tour Performance Center in Dallas. He has the most experience with these shafts, and is incredibly helpful. His email address is: [email protected]

Jamie Pipes is another phenomenal resource over at UST. They are a tremendous company to work with. Unfortunately the knowledge sharing between the USDM and JDM folks has not been thorough.

I am thinking that the Aerotechs are a gateway drug to high mod carbon iron shafts.