Fujikura MCI

tae

I finally got fujikura MCI and had them on my vg3.

Played today.... Simply put, "stunning!!"

Felt nice kick on every shot.... just like premium graphite. Distance was as good as graphite as well. And it was very accurate.

Those who are into steelfiber should definitely try this one.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the tip size is .370. Shame they couldn't make taper tip.

I believe the tip size is .370. Shame they couldn't make taper tip.

Yeah I was eyeing these as well but the .370 tip turned me off.

I know shaving them to .355 can be done and isn't a huge deal but I like to keep it simple.

Hmmmm.....

My club maker didn't bore the heads....

Vg3 hosel size must be .370 then

Hmmmm.....

My club maker didn't bore the heads....

Vg3 hosel size must be .370 then

Did you get your VG3's with graphite originally?

Did you get your VG3's with graphite originally?

Yes Chris!

Maybe that's why, huh?

I guess it worked out perfectly. ^_^

I'll be doing a blog post on the MCI very soon, but we have been taking them as special orders ie from Tae and Frank also got a set.

The demand has been very high and stock very low that there was initially a 4 week wait but it seems they have caught up now so we can officially add them to the shop.

Yup. Can't wait till my shafts arrive. Will be mounting them on my 302s, which brings me to the next question -- is the .370 tip going to be a problem?

Anymore info on the MCI? Obviously I do not spend enough time trolling the web...

Hey thanks, wmclarenf1.

There's hardly any info on the MCI online. Other than a one-page marketing piece in English and another supermarket-ad one in Japanese, I've not seen anything else.

Yup. Can't wait till my shafts arrive. Will be mounting them on my 302s, which brings me to the next question -- is the .370 tip going to be a problem?

No problem at all. Reaming a hosel to 0.370 takes seconds for an experienced clubmaker.

Done all the time.

No problem at all. Reaming a hosel to 0.370 takes seconds for an experienced clubmaker. Done all the time.

Good to know. :)

No problem at all. Reaming a hosel to 0.370 takes seconds for an experienced clubmaker.

Done all the time.

Great news :)

Thanks for the info. These have peaked my interest. I would be interested to see how they play against the Aerotech and UST Mamiya recoil.

Anyone playing the recoil yet?

Thanks.

F

Thanks for the info. These have peaked my interest. I would be interested to see how they play against the Aerotech and UST Mamiya recoil.

Anyone playing the recoil yet?

Thanks.

F

Patience.... Well at least until tomorrow.

Done all the time.

Tario, please correct me of I'm wrong but once the hosel is reamed to .370 you will be limited to .370 / parallel tip shafts only in the future, no?

Only way to go back to a .355/taper tip would be if you use shims?

Edited by Baddmnkey

Tario, please correct me of I'm wrong but once the hosel is reamed to .370 you will be limited to .370 / parallel tip shafts only in the future, no? Only way to go back to a .355/taper tip would be if you use shims?

Whoa, good question. So this reaming would permanently alter my 302? What if I choose a .355 tipped shaft later?

Whoa, good question. So this reaming would permanently alter my 302? What if I choose a .355 tipped shaft later?

Shims.

Again, done all the time...

yup...

Thanks for the answers guys, but just how 'destructive' is shimming? What kind of repercussion would I face in future shaft changes back to .355?

You mean shimming a 355 to 370? Not destructive at all. For example so many drivers in the US are 0.350 but the best shafts are all .335", so they all need to be shimmed for 0.350 heads. Its common and there are ways to do it without even using a shim.

T, no, I meant going back to .355 after reaming the clubs to .370. Potential twisty or flying heads thereafter?