RIDuffer's weapons of HC destruction

RIduffer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Nick, good luck re-assembling your bag...

• 2 weeks later...

Got on course today with the Personals/Recoils, RomaRo SX and Alcobaca, '13 Yam 18* UT and the Kasco 10*/Crazy 50 Sigma.

Kasco driver was tremendous today. Was putting it out 290-300 yds with a baby draw. Point, shoot and watch it go land and run. What a marvelous club. Serious thanks to BruinDuke and Stew for the deals.

Also gamed the Betti for the first time. Quite a good putter, 10' and in was awesome and no 3 putts.

Lastly, the Yam UT. Liked it but not extraordinary. I wonder if the ONOFF Type D 18* UT is as solid feeling as the Type S...

Edited by RIduffer

Played another round today with the Personals and Kasco. Think the Epon ball was contributing to some of the lost distance. Was only down 1club length today.

Also I must mourn the loss if the Kasco driver. The shaft cracked on the first hole then splintered up the shaft after teeing off with it on the 2nd. Finally know what MBBG was talking about when he hears cracking with the Crazy shafts.

Played another round today with the Personals and Kasco. Think the Epon ball was contributing to some of the lost distance. Was only down 1club length today.

Also I must mourn the loss if the Kasco driver. The shaft cracked on the first hole then splintered up the shaft after teeing off with it on the 2nd. Finally know what MBBG was talking about when he hears cracking with the Crazy shafts.

What do you suspect happened? Man sorry to hear about that. No fun having a shaft fail or break up in a round. Has happened to me

Before

What do you suspect happened? Man sorry to hear about that. No fun having a shaft fail or break up in a round. Has happened to me

Before

No clue really. Travelled with it but in a hard sided case, so don't think it was there. Always use head covers on all clubs in the bag, so doubt that too. Might have put a little weight on it putting the tee in the ground, but it succumbs to way greater forces when being swung and making contact with the ball. But I did hear a chip in the head after the contact on the first that was not there during the waggle. So am guessing a weak spot on the inner wall that got exacerbated by a couple of earlier pulls(not doubting anything about the shaft source or skill of his builder), maybe shipping had an impact. All just speculation though.

• 4 weeks later...

Still waiting on the Bold wedges but everything else is in and assembled excluding a potential shaft change for the 5wd...

Wood and UT covers courtesy of Free, still waiting on my brown water but...

Bag #3:

post-12474-0-96332800-1365620340.jpg

post-12474-0-99705200-1365620372.jpg

Crazy 435(Spoon) Quadra FEX Proto 65x(Bogey), grip is a BestGrip Microperf gratis from Harry at BestGrips(very hopeful on these)

Miura Precious Edition 5wd VTS 6x, grip is UST Wrap

ONOFF Type S 21* Roddio i10 Elite A50 grip

ONOFF Type S 24* Roddio i8(FreeHB04 from Supo) grip to be replaced

TS 909 Recoil 125 with Lamkin wraps(discontinued)

'11 Yam 52(Spoon) Crazy CBI 02 Lamkin wraps(discontinued)

Crazy Toyo(Spoon) Crazy CBI 02 Lamkin wraps(discontinued)

Damascus Kent Quadra Shaft GripMaster grip

post-12474-0-00183700-1365620382.jpg

post-12474-0-74019200-1365620369.jpg

post-12474-0-99125400-1365620378.jpg

post-12474-0-49213400-1365620366.jpg

post-12474-0-00624900-1365620376.jpg

post-12474-0-31018200-1365620363.jpg

Edited by RIduffer

Let me know what you think of the 435 Steve. I'm trying one out soon. Those TS909 look fantastic. Can't believe this is bag no.3.

By the way, your description of the wedge grips looks different to the pictures?!?

Let me know what you think of the 435 Steve. I'm trying one out soon. Those TS909 look fantastic. Can't believe this is bag no.3.

By the way, your description of the wedge grips looks different to the pictures?!?

You are correct about the grips sir, have updated it in the pictures. Thank you…

It will be Elite A50 grips once the weights from Balance Certified come in. Then the grips will get ripped off, weights inserted and gripped with the Elite on two sets at least. Third set might get the BestGrips depending on the performance on the driver.

Will post full on side by side by side when the Bolds come in and all the bags are complete. Now that the standard orders got shipped I need to get some pressure applied for my lowly custom job...

Only hit a bucket with the 909s to nail down the lie angle. Predominantly with the 5 iron and a few with the 6, heaps better feeling than the 905s from a couple of years ago. Night and day difference.

Unreal setup.

Thank you, part of that used Ferarri you are buying is straight out of my pocket. So think of me once in a while when you rev the engine at the stop lights...

Great looking gear for this 2013 season, TS 909 w/ recoil sounds like a match made in heaven!

Thanks V, should get 9 in tomorrow morning so will have a little more detail then, but so far they are very good...

How do you like the Quadra Proto 65x in the 435 Steve?

I've now got the 75s in an old D2 9.5 head and it goes really well in that......launches pretty high

How do you like the Quadra Proto 65x in the 435 Steve?

I've now got the 75s in an old D2 9.5 head and it goes really well in that......launches pretty high

I'll be able to start answering that question tomorrow. Just got built this morning and the epoxy was still drying when I left my builder.

I am torn for my round tomorrow. Do I use the driver on every hole I can or play more irons in order to test out the 909s. Short course so many holes with driver become a wedge or less approach, alternately I can play more UTs and irons of the tee and get more shots in with the irons but don't get anytime with the driver… Once I start playing regularly it is not a big deal but after the winter hibernation I am anxious and indecisive about which present to unwrap first...

• 6 months later...

sick bag rhoudy! love the head covers, super retro cool....you just need a cardigan, a cravat a pipe and a pair of Vibram 5 fingers shoes. I know you're at least 3/6 the way to my vision for u....

Is it just the pipe, sweater and shoes that I am missing to be 6/6?

great way to display clubs.

damn...,

what a set up, i like the 2 ute set up. i cud do that myslef with ta 17* RC bbd 4w instead of a 3 wood. and turf the 4iron no probs

sensational stuff

great way to display clubs.

damn...,

what a set up, i like the 2 ute set up. i cud do that myslef with ta 17* RC bbd 4w instead of a 3 wood. and turf the 4iron no probs

sensational stuff

Thanks Stew… Interestingly, I recently grabbed an 18* ONOFF UT in place of the 5wd and dropped a wedge in one bag replacing it with a 27*. So I am now playing a 4 UT set up in one bag.

Really need to update pics at some point...

• 1 month later...

ahhhuhhh..,that & a pair of testicles...

Wife only let's those out in special occasions, like Haley's Comet or perfect alignment of 3 or more planets.

• 3 months later...

Hey Steve, any pictures of new gear for your 'rotation'?

PDGs and Tour wedges are still at builders'. Other than that am just starting the '14 rotation.

An out of the ordinary move for me I am going to try the Labo CB358. That bag will be Daiwa from PW up to the 3 wd.

PDG bag am thinking of going with Epon 903 for the 3&4 equivalents.

Still need to decide if I want to sell of the 909s or the '13 Yams, the one that stays will be reshafted with some Roddio shafts.

Did the wedge/driver/putter hunt last year and have those pretty well nailed.

Fire sale purge to come. Heads are being pulled shafts are being prepped then pics and post will come in not too long.