Re-introducing S-Yard – The Rebirth of a Premium Brand and the T.388 Driver

gocchin

Wonder if a Roddio of sorts would be good in this head with both shaft and head linked to Seiko in some ways... I think.

T, if Roddio is indeed linked or still linked with Seioko in some way, any reason why Kobayashi did not go with a Roddio in stock?

Roddio is Globeride formerly Daiwa. Roddio is manufactured in Higashikurme along with ONOFF.

S-Yard is no longer known as Seiko S-Yard and is now known simply S-Yard Golf.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I always thought Roddio was Daiwa-Seiko.

They were originally Daiwa Seiko then just Daiwa and then just Globeride now.

But Daiwa Seiko and Seiko are (were) two different companies.

We've already got more than 10 orders for the driver and I thank all of you who have taken the leap!

I just got off the phone with S-Yard and they have enough stock to fill all our orders for the next couple of weeks at least.

Its just a question of assembling the custom orders and getting the clubs down from Endo in Niigata to the S-Yard warehouse which is very close by here in Chiba.

We should see most if not all of the orders go out this week!

Please note after speaking with S-Yard today they wanted us to make a change to the way we are selling the T.388. They are offering it to TSG with a head only option but only but only if that head is custom built and sold as a complete club.

So unfortunately it is no longer available to the customer direct as head only.

S-Yard will honor all orders up to yesterday with heads only but from here on in the club must be either stock shaft or custom shaft direct from TSG.

When you do a custom build with shaft direct from TSG, do all of the shaft manufacturers ship directly to S-Yard or do some go through TSG hands?

I was informed that the shaft would be ordered and dispatched to Endo for assembly there.

Hi all, my thoughts on the t.388 9.5/ diamana x 60 are as follows:

Flight: very strong and low, similar to egg 7 in 7 degrees

Forgiveness: definitely more than the zero, easier than Jbeam 425, but not as much to d1 v spec

Average total Distance: same as my ryoma v spec

Final thought: I love it

Hi all, my thoughts on the t.388 9.5/ diamana x 60 are as follows: Flight: very strong and low, similar to egg 7 in 7 degrees Forgiveness: definitely more than the zero, easier than Jbeam 425, but not as much to d1 v spec Average total Distance: same as my ryoma v spec Final thought: I love it

Ok.. it doesn;t give you more distance than your current driver which perhaps is what a driver should do, less forgiving... you love it more because? or you just love it on its own? :-)

Well, the main difference with the ryoma is probably workability. The t.388 has the workability of most sub 400 cc driver but with equal distance to ryoma.

I heard S-Yard and the purchase was fairly recent. Also heard they retained Japanese management which would be smart of them if true.

Your actually correct! Silly part is in March we have a meeting in Beijing with Direct Link which is the company that owns S-Yard & Honma. I never put the two together but now it makes perfect sense.

Your actually correct! Silly part is in March we have a meeting in Beijing with Direct Link which is the company that owns S-Yard & Honma. I never put the two together but now it makes perfect sense.

I really hope they continue to keep real Japanese management and not token or things can go south with quality very quickly. We have already seen quite a few S-Yards in the past which some could say meant for SHANGHAI-Yards :-) The Chinese have the buying power but when it comes to quality, they are not quite there yet but WILL get there.

I think I'm going to get one.,.

steve, you can hit it if I can get down to south fla when you're there....I may be able to get us on lost tree or even Seminole maybe, I've been council ing an heiress down there through a Nast breakup so if we can get n either of this 2 she would have to play....I'll bring the fifth of 12 year I owe you...

Hi all, my thoughts on the t.388 9.5/ diamana x 60 are as follows:

Flight: very strong and low, similar to egg 7 in 7 degrees

Forgiveness: definitely more than the zero, easier than Jbeam 425, but not as much to d1 v spec

Average total Distance: same as my ryoma v spec

Final thought: I love it

I love it to, I'm thinking 3w control & driver distance...I wish I hadn't hot the first bottle I'd gotten for s, I feel a pp hurting coming on....really hope the bonus is good this year!

I think I'm going to get one.,.

steve, you can hit it if I can get down to south fla when you're there....I may be able to get us on lost tree or even Seminole maybe, I've been council ing an heiress down there through a Nast breakup so if we can get n either of this 2 she would have to play....I'll bring the fifth of 12 year I owe you...

I just got one in the mail...

Working on it... Should try when Carlo is there, if during week might even be able to pass it of as work...

Hit the 10.5 T.388 with the stock GD SR flex shaft beside my 10.5 Ryoma TJ-46 R shaft. The T.388 is definitely forgiving for a head that size but not as forgiving as teh D1 as one would expect. I found the face harder feeling than D1. Launch for me was lower with the T.388 but had more roll than the Ryoma D1. Was rather impressed with the T.388!