Saw watches, wine, cigars, cars, etc… Remember reading wmclarenf1's interaction with Chris mentioning stereos and even a side conversation with Spoon, so here goes mine...

Equipment and Rack:

Basis Debut withVector arm vacuum and speed control

Koetsu Jade cart

Pass Labs phono-pre

Spectral DMC 30 SS pre

Spectral DAM 360 amp

RS Audio headphone amp

Slim Devices Transporter

Mac Mini

Weiss SPDIF/FW converter

Silent Running Audio custom rack and isolation bases

Speakers:

Avalon Radian HC

post-12474-0-49306000-1359219545.jpg

post-12474-0-54726700-1359219555.jpg

I am not as hardcore as i used to be.

Back in the day it was all de classe

And vienna accoustics

Now i am just using a basic set up

Im using a marantz 5channel

B&w nautius 501d

B&w nautilus htm2

B&w nautilus rears

Velodyne sub

Emotiva and pioneer transports

Emotiva monolocks

Bryston 2channel amps

Ps3

Carlos, you're a man of taste :) Used to have the marantz switcher with previous set up...

I switched to B&W last year... Just amazing...

Simple & elegant 5.1 M-1 + PV1D sub on Denon AVR 3312.

Nice set-up Steve.

Best I had was a multi channel set-up consisting of Seleco CRT projector, 6ft screen, Denon CD/Super Audio/DVD player, Denon receiver, Krell 5 channel power amp, Kef Reference 4.2 front, Kef Reference 200c and Kef TDM45 dipoles. Didn't need a sub as the room was fairly small.

Nothing left now.........

theater is a whole different game...

7.2 with B&W 804s front an rear 805 mountables side and HTM1 front with a Velodyne HGS 18 serving as L&R sub and a Velodyne FSR 15 doing LFE.

Oppo transport, Denon AVP A1 controller and Bryston 6B SST and 2x 4B SST….

Like the gear, been slowing build ing these systems for 15+ years...

Nice set-up Steve.

Best I had was a multi channel set-up consisting of Seleco CRT projector, 6ft screen, Denon CD/Super Audio/DVD player, Denon receiver, Krell 5 channel power amp, Kef Reference 4.2 front, Kef Reference 200c and Kef TDM45 dipoles. Didn't need a sub as the room was fairly small.

Nothing left now.........

How'd that Krell work out for you? And those KEF are great too...

Compared to the Denon doing the driving it was night and day. Much better control ofthe speakers and the sound was a lot more immersive. I imported it from the US and thought I could hook it up to an external step down transformer. No luck. I had to have the internal transformer changed before I could use it :(

I had to down size the 4.2's to the 1.2's as the house I lived in wasn't big enough. Loved those 4.2's. They had such a wide and enveloping soundstage, great highs, fantastic mid-range and plenty of bass. They had the upgraded Rosetta Burr finish compared to the 1.2's which were black ash.

Great to hear that others here are audio/videophiles.

Remember reading wmclarenf1's interaction with Chris mentioning stereos and even a side conversation with Spoon,

I spoke about audio here? I've been out of audio for a long while but I used to run 2 systems. One strictly for music. Played around with Logan electrostatic panels for a while which had power subs built in. Had a Credo pre-power to drive them as they were rather power hungry. The Eagles Hotel California was great on them and in retrospect, I should have taken pity on my neighbors LOL. I think I used Red Dawn cables but can;t remember what I ran for interconects. This setup produced a very warm resonance. Great for vocals. One thing which I never got into but was tubes.

My Home theater was much simpler and still have the Def Tech powered front and center with slave surrounds. Using an Onkyo now for everything as its convenient and more hardy to multiple users. The Def Techs just wont die.