So who has jailbroken their Iphone 5?? I did!

The second the evasi0n jailbreak came out the other day... I ran it.

Once a hacker always a implusive with no fear of bricking their device... yes every tablet and smartphone I have ever used is rooted, hacked, jailbroken.

I have longed for the jailbreak since the day I got the iphone 5.

iOS is such a closed and simplistic system... I regretted losing control moving from Android to iOS... though in its simplicity it got the job done... but now at least I can have some fun and do things the way I want.

Finally able to change my default browser to Chrome and default maps app to Google maps... changed to 5 columns and 5 icons in the dock.

Redid the lockscreen and added widgets to the main springboard... got rid of the background on the notification center and made it transluscent... fake carrier... some color.... not bad for a start!

Tweaking is an ongoing process... and makes your phone more fun....

post-8383-0-14320500-1360335154.png

post-8383-0-44787800-1360335168.png

post-8383-0-97072800-1360335191.png

Can all iPhone 5's. be Done??

i used to hack and jailbreak all my phones...until i realized how much time i spent doing it! nice job though and you certainly make me want to revisit an old hobby!!!

I used to do it too. Similarly on both iOS and Android, but the primary driver was to allow for hot-spotting before the carriers actually supported it. My work pays for my data and cell plan so I no longer have the need...

Why should technology be any different the golf gear. Tweak till your heart's content...

Is it. Hard thing to do??

Is it. Hard thing to do??

No, the directions on the net are quite thorough...

T, the FakeOperator works fine on IOS6 for me, but how to display that big clock on home screen? Widget, theme or else? Thanks.

Mark

Hi Mark,

You can use either iWidget or Dashboard X

I'm so so tempted to try this

The only reason not to do it is some apps will not work on jailbroken phones,. Skygo, is a good example but you can download an older version with patch to replace modern version. Also installous has been retired which is a pity.

Edited by ukok

For fun and extra cash, I actually used to buy used iPhones and Droids off craigslist by the bucketload, jailbreak/root them, then sell them on tourspecgolf, most of which went overseas. Not as much money to be made doing it as there used to be. Not to mention the overseas buyers have found every loophole in tourspecgolf and PayPal to screw the seller.

Every smartphone I have had up until my 5 has been rooted or jailbroken. Like RIDuffer said, my main motivation was to get features (especially hot spot) that the carriers didn't offer at the time. As the carriers and Apple have started allowing a lot of the features that only used to be accessible through jailbreaking, I have lost a little interest in it. Realistically, to me, the biggest advantage to the jailbreaking now is the aesthetic customization like what T is doing. It helps put ios on a level playing field with Android in the aesthetics and customization department.

Somewhere along the line I stopped being concerned with that too...I don't think I have chosen a new background screen picture for 6 months.

• 8 months later...

jailbroken not but briken yes :atsg_smilie_punch: will have to get a new one well was thinking to get the 5s, cant that one be JAILBROKEN i bet i can normalbreak it :atsg_smilie_roll: