The new Ryoma D-1 Maxima Thread

gocchin

We may as well start the thread now since someone will start it sooner or later.

As Chris mentioned in our video, we finally saw the new Ryoma D-1 Maxima at the Golf Fair and of all places it was in the Graphite Design booth (GD is a partner of Ryoma's and helps produce their shafts).

We do not have full details yet, on the drivers, as a matter of a fact Ryoma had preferred people not talk about it since they had some issues with design leaks/theft leading to copies even before launch.

We have held back but since it made a public appearance already there is no sense really in hiding it.

We have to assume it will eventually come out.

It features a shallower back head, and a shallower face. The head shape is not as round at address, its almost subtly triangular. It still uses DSI technology and and still has a big weight in the back.

Stew gave his thumbs up and we are all excited to try it out!

post-8383-0-60941600-1361107126.jpg

post-8383-0-00248700-1361107133.jpg

post-8383-0-11724700-1361107140.jpg

post-8383-0-64744600-1361107146.jpg

post-8383-0-47231100-1361107153.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally.... Would love I hear more about each model and how they compare to existing models!!

Thanks for this T.

I hope Ryoma will divulge details soon on the 3 different models, how they are different, any change to the 60 gram booster weight, how the Maxima is better than the original D1 series and hopefully they do an Iron Byron test for this as well and compare the results to the original D1 series.

I'm with you F1 on learning more info. I havent been this excited for a club in a long time, This one will have a hard time living up to my expectations.

A couple more snags from my vids.

gallery_18_5_154008.jpg

gallery_18_5_73483.jpg

Thanks Chris. I think the Maxima or any driver for that matter will have a hard time achieving a similar (imo) quantum leap in design and effectiveness as the original D1 series which could make the Maxima a victim of Ryoma's own success. That said, just going by my ongoing positive experience with my D1, I will be very eager to try this at the least.

What does it look like from address? Traditional like how the D1 masks the 60 gram port or similar to the to angular shape of the sole?

Hopefully you can share the properties of the 3 models soon so we can start thinking about shaft options :-)

I like the sole design of this better. It's gonna be good! I mean why would a company release something thats similar to current line up in terms of performance and playability?

Stew gave his thumbs up and we are all excited to try it out!

post-8383-0-47231100-1361107153.jpg

I want a FatHead of this for my ManCave! How can I NOT buy one now?

well...... i gave it a wagggle. which as we all know is THE ultiamte test for a driver. numbers and inmpact aside.. the waggle is key..!

it looks much more triangluar than the original. but a rounded triangular shape.

i thought this was suited to guys the like a bigger head than a comapct one , its looks much fuller all round than the d1 ....to me.......

i guess its going to be higher as well bec of that flattening triangle back. im sure it wont be as low as the original.

which will suit some not others.

my initla l thougths were . hmmmmmmmmmmm this prob isnt for me. bec of its size , im shrinking my heads. (hahaha)

but after a cpl of waggles and the look of it at address with the high toe i kinda thought yea i cud do some of this.....

ill def get one.

Some interesting design features built into that head. Almost as if the mold was broken at some point in its design.

It certainly screams "Hit me"

Now about the new Ryoma........

Nice! Is gd developing special shafts for th maxima?

I like the shape of this very much. Much more so than the d1s

Nice.

The original shaft for the D-1 is a Ryoma GD as well if I remember correctly?

Some interesting design features built into that head. Almost as if the mold was broken at some point in its design. It certainly screams "Hit me" Now about the new Ryoma........

HAHA Best quote on TSG ever

Nice find there.... with the 'lack of info' from Ryoma themselves, was a little worried that GD was having a 'made-in-China' fake at their booth show lol

no update on maxima?

no update on maxima?

Like the D-1 they are trying to make sure it's production ready and performs as it should. I'm excited to get my hands on one of these. The one at the GD booth was display only and we were told that it wasn't a final.

These appear to be stolen from the factory. It's dangerous because Ryoma isn't satisfied with the performance yet and thats why the April release date. This was the same case for the D-1 and D-1 Special Tune, they were delayed so long because due to performance issues.

so that was actually authentic? strange that the item is no longer available on that site now..i wonder if someone bought it or it was taken down.

These appear to be stolen from the factory. It's dangerous because Ryoma isn't satisfied with the performance yet and thats why the April release date. This was the same case for the D-1 and D-1 Special Tune, they were delayed so long because due to performance issues.