Home Simulators/Launch Monitors

Anyone own or looked into having simulated golf at home or just a launch monitor? I have a large detached garage with an office built into it that isn't being used as an office, and would like to turn it into a golf simulator or hitting bay. Seems like the sky is the limit on price for these things but a used LM like Vector or FlightScope can be had quite reasonably. Any thoughts?

i looked into this last year and the bottom line imho is...unless you're willing (and lucky enough to find a used system) to spend $3-5k you won't find anything that i would consider to be accurate enough to really work on diagnostics or game improvement. anything that costs less just won't give you enough useful or consistently accurate information.

I don't know what your garage space is like, but there could be significant other costs as well; ie: carpeting, heat, couch, etc. to complete the room. I was thinking of the same thing, but I would probably have to put $10k into the room just to make it really comfortable before even buying the launch monitor, t.v. screen, etc.

I've seen a lot of Flightscopes and even some Vector LMs for sale on the bay lately pretty reasonable, it is too bad they couldn't be worked into some 2nd hand software to make them Sim compatible.

As far as the space goes, it is pretty bare bones, just open space and a concrete floor. Heat is already in there. I'm not overly concerned with making it into a penthouse, just a functional hitting bay.

Probably just a pipe dream at this point anyways.

They all basically suck which is why so many ppl use them for a couple weeks and then up for sale and why indoor simulators were not the huge success everyone thought they were going to be for commercial use.

I have used some that sucked and some that were pretty realistic albeit not perfect by any means, thus the "mulligan" option for the WTF moments. The one I have been playing on the last few times I would have in my house/garage any day. ~9 out of 10 shots do what I expect when they leave the clubface...a few go longer than what I think, some come up a bit short, but it seems to be halfway decent. At least for entertainment purposes. I'm not saying this would be my last warmup before Q school by any means but most of us aren't good enough to gripe about a few yards here or there or 1000 rpm of spin on a 155 yard approach shot.

I have played on some that weren't even worth trying though

Wonder if he needs a boarder