Gripmaster Grips

ukok

Does anyone play these? Tried the tour wrap and the feel is amazing (but then it should be at three times the cost of normal grips). Really tacky with a soft feel. Very impressive.

My questions are;

Do they require any additional maintenance?

How are they in wet weather? (live in UK so this is important)

Longevity?

Used them for a few years, I always preferred soft grips, but these I like even better. I play in warm weather and I would always be constantly drying my hands due to sweat, since getting these I have never wiped my hands again, because the sweaty hands actually make them tacky.

If its light rain they are great, just give a little wipe with a towel and they will be instantly tacky, but if drenched like we get in tropical monsoon, they are going to be just as hopeless as any other grip.

Unfortunately they don't make the OS Tour Wraps anymore. They were leaps better than any of the swingers or pittard wraps, which are on par with any other grip out there. Had sets on all of my old steel sets and a few drivers. Had sets for 5 years and still tacky. If the normal size works I would not hesitate to get them...

I want to try their regular grips, but RI's insistance that the unavailable ones are the best ones put me off. Got a cabretta stitchback put on the Zen and hated it. Nothing like I expected, way too minimalist and hard feeling, like they forgot to put any padding in it. I know I like leather grips because I have some older clubs with them and love the feel and classic look, but like any golf related project it seems like it costs a couple hundred for a $50 fix.

I want to try their regular grips, but RI's insistance that the unavailable ones are the best ones put me off. Got a cabretta stitchback put on the Zen and hated it. Nothing like I expected, way too minimalist and hard feeling, like they forgot to put any padding in it. I know I like leather grips because I have some older clubs with them and love the feel and classic look, but like any golf related project it seems like it costs a couple hundred for a $50 fix.

The Tour Wraps are still a great grip, just too small for my hands.. Put a couple of wraps under the OS, have to put like 5-7 under the normals. If a standard sized grip works for you get them, the perforated are top shelf and the non perf a great too...

Steve, you should try Best Grips. They are a little thicker, especially under the bottom hand. I think they call it "pro taper" or something because a lot of pros build up the bottom hand. I believe a sample pack (regular, microperf, and pigskin) is $32. It's like getting one grip free, and it's a great way to try out their offering.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the microperf from best grips hands down the best grips i have owned. I play in pacific northwest with no grip. After switching to these no longer need a grip. And price is justified as they will outlast any rubber grip. I change my grips over 3 times per year. Ive used the best grips for 1.5 years. These get tackier when wet and maintenance is a breeze just wipe down with damp cloth. Highly recommend.