Introducing the S-Yard BOLD Forged Wedge - a revolutionary design

gocchin

I just wanted to clarify about the stock shaft, it is the Shimada K's 120 DCR (Dark Chrome) in a wedge flex. This is a very good shaft.

ALSO custom shafts are available.

To the 20 customers who have already placed their orders, you can choose a different shaft... if you want.

Just let me know.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What custom shafts would be available, T?

What custom shafts would be available, T?

Anything you want R.

T, the stock lofts are D3 in the 50 52 and D4 in the 56 58 60 so going to 130 will do D5 for the sand wedges. KBS Hi Rev is 130g for X and DG Spinner W+ is 131g and might be a great fit.

the wedge has a humidity sensor in the hosel region and will hermetically seal

the surface if it detects humidity over 90% to prevent any rusting :tsg_smiley_drool:/>

Will hit yours with your Crazy together and compare em when I'm there... :)

I think T mentioned the raw finish is due to a better feel and better "biting" surface. Ed, in our part of the world it will rust a lot but no issues with regards to durability if that is where you are coming from as it will still take a lot (and I mean a lot) of play before any of the grooves or milling to erode to the point where it will affect play. My raw wedges in the past lasted more than I would care for actually :-)

Thanks A - yeah I think it will take along time to rust to the point of effecting play but I hate rusty looking wedges, or any equipments in this case lol

Hi Ed, yes as I said in the writeup Kobayashi-san tested with both raw and plated but in the end the raw gave better feel and more bite.

His focus is on creating a wedge with the best performance possible so for now yes it is unplated.

That said, the finish is done so well, I actually thought it was plated and initially when I asked him I said what kind of plating is this?

If you look carefully at the back face, it in fact features a black dye on the top portion of the blade where the tungsten weights are and a different teflon black on the center and lower part of the back face, again S-Yard did not hold back on the processes here. They could have simply dipped the whole head in black dye but did not.

Thanks T - hmmm raw finish for add spin + that face milling + those weights !! Can't wait for real world reviews..... Meanwhile will go around and 'test' those TSG members whom are getting em and hop onto the bandwagon in their second production....

Hmmm.. I must say the functional design and thought of this wedge is really interesting. I think this is a more interesting release than the T.388 from the new S-Yard for me. Although there isn;t a natural fit for me with the various loft/bounce option really, I think I'll have to give one of these a run at some point.

This wedge is definitely interesting. I can't wait to test it out! Talking to Mr. Kobayashi was a great honor. He is so passionate about his designs and I'm sure he has alot more interesting designs up his sleeve. Also, saw a glimpse of some newer designs for the future while there! :)

I don't think I've seen a wedge that had this much technology and calculations put into it. I'm more excited about this wedge this year than the drivers coming out!

...I don't think I've seen a wedge that had this much technology and calculations put into it. I'm more excited about this wedge this year than the drivers coming out!

a big +1!

nice.....its been awhile no real tech on wedges.....

cant wait to test one

Is it the high CG that's exciting folks?

Many things catch my eye about this wedge, of course the 21.5 COG but also the ratio/spacing between grooves, the breaks in between the laser milling that add friction vs no breaks. It's design also aids in getting the loft you intend more consistently.

I also love how it frames the ball as well as its beautiful finish raw finish.

Is it the high CG that's exciting folks?

low shots (relatively speaking of course) with tons of bite are so much more controllable and fun than the typical pitch shot and these look perfect for that!

I imagine them to be better Able to punch at pins with lots of bite rather Than throw it high and hope

I much prefer to have a lash at driling the Ball in lower than higher ,well see tho.........

i doubt mortal golfers will notice any difference in spin on a rusted wedge. however, i can respect the fact that some may not be into the patina or maintenance aspect of raw wedges.

Yeah, makes sense. But The standard talk about rusty wedges is The extra spin they generate when they rust isn't it? So why have a rusty wedge then, if not for the extra spin?

I just wanted to clarify about the stock shaft, it is the Shimada K's 120 DCR (Dark Chrome) in a wedge flex. This is a very good shaft. ALSO custom shafts are available. To the 20 customers who have already placed their orders, you can choose a different shaft... if you want. Just let me know.

T, I'm one your 20 and you are arranging my shaft right?