ian-500 WITB 2013 nearly complete....

Ian-500

Here's what I'll be gaming this coming season, kinda. May the force be with me......

Thanks to fellow TSGers RIduffer and jaygolf for a couple of the items shown.

Next purchase will be some wedges with hopefully graphite shafts.

post-15035-0-77305700-1361988203.jpg

post-15035-0-36042000-1361988300.jpg

post-15035-0-13201600-1361990044.jpg

post-15035-0-68807300-1361990077.jpg

post-15035-0-63188700-1361990117.jpg

post-15035-0-08512100-1361990146.jpg

post-15035-0-45925300-1361990171.jpg

post-15035-0-81240200-1361990201.jpg

post-15035-0-29653300-1361990230.jpg

post-15035-0-44159200-1361990255.jpg

post-15035-0-38674200-1361990288.jpg

Edited by Ian-500

Nice bag. How is the Yamaha driver working for you? Have you tried any of the newer models? Are the newer ones better or can the older models still keep up? I'm still gaming my Yamaha v201 but I'm starting to think (or want) I need a new one.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

Nice one Ian...

Use the Force!... Or the Fairway!!

Nicely curated bag… Now go hit them for crying out loud...

Nice bag. How is the Yamaha driver working for you? Have you tried any of the newer models? Are the newer ones better or can the older models still keep up? I'm still gaming my Yamaha v201 but I'm starting to think (or want) I need a new one.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't tried any of the newer models, but I'll get to try the 2013 tour model in April hopefully.

My Yammie hasn't been gamed since early November so I've kinda forgotten how she played! I know, shame on me.

Nice one Ian...

Use the Force!... Or the Fairway!!

Thanks Dale.

I'll take the fairway any day of the week mate. How's your 2013 Yamahas coming on?

Nicely curated bag… Now go hit them for crying out loud...

You want me to HIT them? Hahaha I know Steve, it's a bit of a joke how I haven't played in 4 months. I'll hopefully source a game this coming weekend....possibly.

Edited by Ian-500

Ian

The new Yams are out of this world if a little on the high side when hit!!

I'll write summat when I can get a spare 5 mins...

All the best

Nice one Ian. Ballsy with the blingy ferrules!

You want me to HIT them? Hahaha I know Steve, it's a bit of a joke how I haven't played in 4 months. I'll hopefully source a game this coming weekend....possibly.

You and me both. I have only hit at the range since an early Dec trip to San Diego and the range time has been in sub freezing temps. Talk about range rocks… The re-shafted Personals, Yam Tours, Toyos and S-Yard have all been heckling me in my sleep. Disturbing to say the least.

Good luck getting that game together and enjoy the clubs, I know how much effort(labor of love) you put into assembling that bag...

Nice one Ian. Ballsy with the blingy ferrules!

You likey? I think they look great. The irons have a cool colour scheme going on, with a little bling thrown in. They're sexy man! Hahaha.

If anyone is interested, I may be able to get hold of some more of these silver ferrules, and maybe even a gold coloured one too. PM me :)

You and me both. I have only hit at the range since an early Dec trip to San Diego and the range time has been in sub freezing temps. Talk about range rocks… The re-shafted Personals, Yam Tours, Toyos and S-Yard have all been heckling me in my sleep. Disturbing to say the least.

Good luck getting that game together and enjoy the clubs, I know how much effort(labor of love) you put into assembling that bag...

Thanks to people like you Steve I've managed to put something reasonable together.

May struggle to play over the next couple of months though, as I'm changing jobs and moving to a different part of the country. Determined to play SOME golf.

sriko pro 100 ........................... SENSATIONAL blades.

and yamaha woods.

that driver was my first foray into yamaha its terrific.

hope u get to play a few roundswith these puppies

. this is a heck of a bag.

Thanks Stew. These blades are great when hit out of the middle. I hope I can do them justice this season.

Edited by Ian-500

Played yesterday. Shot 88 with a 5 putt ( yes, a 1 2 3 4 5 putt!) on the 3rd and a treble bogey on the last. Damn it. Driving was very good for my standard, and overall the long game was good. Short game was where I lost shots.

Does anyone else hover the driver above the ground? I practiced this at the range the day before and it worked on the course yesterday. I'll definitely do this from now on.

Nope I don't hover the Driver head... Infancy I've gotten in to a Nasty habit( is my nose clean)of putting to much distance between the club head and the Ball....

It's just idleness !!!

I might try the Hovering technique

Think Kuchar does that and he got it from Arnie or Jack... Said it helps get the head moving first and smoothly into the backswing...

Oh, and how are those Roddios workin?

Nope I don't hover the Driver head... Infancy I've gotten in to a Nasty habit( is my nose clean)of putting to much distance between the club head and the Ball....

It's just idleness !!!

I might try the Hovering technique

Definitely give it a try Dale. You might be able to keep up with me then........ ;)

Think Kuchar does that and he got it from Arnie or Jack... Said it helps get the head moving first and smoothly into the backswing...

It certainly seemed to, so I'll stick with it.

Oh, and how are those Roddios workin?

I'll compare them to the Quadra graphite shafts I've played before;

After 1 game I'd say the best thing about them is their dispersion, it's very good. Better than the Quadra. The Roddios are a stiffer flex and they do feel fimer, which gives me confidence to 'go after it' if I need too. Roddios felt heavier too. The Quadras felt softer and were definitely a club length longer. This would be down to a combination of stronger lofts (Yamaha Tours) and weaker flex. Maybe the Yamahas are a softer forged head than the Srixons, because at times I felt that the Srixons were 'clicky'.

Overall I'm very pleased with the Roddios Steve. They won't be going anywhere. I think I'll have to buy a softer head to get my perfect set, maybe another Yamaha head or maybe Epon. We'll see.

I recognize those Roddio i10 shafts!!!

Hahaha yep these are you're cast offs!!!

Ian, I love it! well done ole chap! all but the tmag wedge, sorry bro, just can't get behind a wedge that's not a solid hunk o metal...have always loved the 100pros, just a sexy classic bag! pm me if you want to trade for some Wedges to go with all your deliciousness....

• 2 weeks later...

God damn it...........I'm driverless AGAIN! Went to a local range this afternoon as they had a Cobra demo day on. Before I tried out the AMP Cell driver I warmed up with a few 7 irons and then the Cobra guy asked me to hit a few balls with my driver.. One swing and SNAP, there goes the Kai'li, snapped at the hozel. Sh*t.

I now have a cool looking alignment aid.

Not good

I did find out that the Cobra Amp Cell Pro was 'ok' when fitted with a Diamana + D series 70g in x flex! Nice ball flight just not much in the way of feel. The Attas3 7x shaft felt the 'best', then the GD DI 7x and then the Diamana, but the numbers for the Diamana where the best.

I'm watching a shaft in the BST...........hopefully no one will buy it before I can get the cash together :tsg_smiley_sun: