TM R360 Tour, anyone heard of it?

scjat

capt.rs11102202204.nissan_open_rs111.jpg360 TOUR?

Briny Baird watches his drive on the ninth hole in the second round of the Nissan Open at Riviera Country Club in Los Angeles' Pacific Palisades area Friday, Feb. 20, 2004. Baird was among several golfers vying for the lead at midday, finishing with at 11-under-par 131.

If Briny Baird was using a R360 tour driver it would have been tested. The USGA lists the following Taylor Made drivers as nonconforming as of February 23, 2004: R300, R320, R360, R300 tour as pictured, R320 tour. It isn’t much of a leap to add the R360 tour to this list since it has the same face design as the others.

I doubt Taylor Made would have any head in the hands of tour players they didn’t know was legal. Showing up to a tour event is essentially permission to test any piece of equipment you play. I just listed five nonconforming Taylor Made drivers of one series. The list of nonconforming Taylor Made drivers is much longer.

This discussion seems to pop up every now and then. This is the third time I’ve responded to a discussion about this club.

My original response “I’d be very careful where I played this club” still stands.

Its Hi-Cor, but not illegal. Hows that for an explanation.

Because it never made it to release, it was a Japan only proto, and so few were made it was never tested. And since it was a proto and not marketed as being high cor it doesn't fit the way of being declared illegal without being tested.

Its okay for tournaments, one of the members of the USGA executive committee is a member at the club I used to work at. He plays one and has given lectures to us during tournaments about how its not illegal. Technicality sure, but technically legal.

I sold a ton of these when they went on sale in Japan. its the 300 tour but illegal version. They were 170.00 each at every local golf store so i decided to throw a few on ebay next thing i knew they were selling for 300 bucks! I said what the hay i went to every local golf shop and bought all stocks from everywhere i could find them.

Sorry to join late. So the R360 Ti in the ebay auction is legal (but probably non conforming) and the R300Ti in Precision's picture in both illegal and non conforming?

What is the R360Ti called...is it basically the Japanese non conforming version of the 300 Tour (holy grail) or just a retail 300?

The R360 Ti is a nonconforming high coefficient driver. The R360 Tour on Ebay is a driver that has not been tested and placed on the nonconforming list yet. It has a head shape slightly different from the 300’s The Ebay seller has pulled the listing twice fishing for a buyer who will pay big money for this club. I am watching for one and will send it for testing of if I get my hands on one. I have no doubt it will be ruled nonconforming. I don’t like people deliberately playing with rules. Remember everyman’s holy grail is different. Mine is strictly accuracy and a stable trajectory in cross winds.