Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vanla01

Which iron will you be playing for 2013??

Irons in play for 2013 season   91 members have voted

1. 1. What irons will you be playing for this 2013 season ??

• Tourstage x- blade 909 MB
    • 2013 Yamaha V forgedTour model
    • Romaro Pro forged
    • Yamaha V forged
    • Epon personal
    • 2013 Onoff Forged
    • Fournteen FH1000
    • Romaro Ray H forged
    • Yamaha V forged
    • Romaro Ray V forged
    • 2011 onoff forged
    • other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

83 posts in this topic

Too many choices... I'll maybe Romaro out the bag. George Spirits MB set up real nice for me. It's really plain though. As for the Yama V Tours and OnOffs, I know I can always count on them. Too many choices, may need a few different bags! lol

Too many choices... I'll maybe Romaro out the bag. George Spirits MB set up real nice for me. It's really plain though. As for the Yama V Tours and OnOffs, I know I can always count on them. Too many choices, may need a few different bags! lol

Tats,

While I understand that ONOFFs feel great and are easy to play, do you find enough control of trajectory and draw/fade with them to replace more "playeresque" irons?

Tats,

While I understand that ONOFFs feel great and are easy to play, do you find enough control of trajectory and draw/fade with them to replace more "playeresque" irons?

I'm not Tats but my name rhymes with it and I have hit the 13 onoff with recoil quite a bit. I've never found fighting the ball for knockdowns, high arcing approaches, or touch shots so easy to execute with any other set. The minimal offset but slightly larger head size is kind of the best of both worlds. The higher CG compared to the last model may play a partial role.

The Recoil shafts have a lovely ball flight and feel, but the coolest part is how useable they are on partial swings relative to steel. Much more friendly and intuitive. I consider these a players cavity without a doubt. They've got some junk in the trunk but the topline is modest and I never get the feeling I'm swinging GI clubs.

It isn't difficult or odd to go back and forth between a blades club and the Onoff. If anything the face doesn't close as fast as a blade so it takes a bit to get used to the onoff when coming from a blade iron.

But I've had a lot of inquiries and I just call this set fun. Like the kind you want to beat balls til you're so sore you can barely swing and you've got blisters that not only formed but ruptured. That's happened twice now with the Onoffs/Recoils.

I'll be gaming my Srixon Pro 100's.

If I could choose to game something else, it wouldn't be anything new for 2013. I lust for the PRGR TR500 irons from a couple of years ago. Anyone got any of these and can you send me some pictures? They are truly beautiful. I'd love to have a blast with them shafted with high end graphite shafts

They're nearly as beautiful as Kelly Brook! I need some relief..............

VG3's.... what happened to the love for them??

I will be playing my original VG3's as well! 3rd season! Am interested in new Romaro R's though

I'm not Tats but my name rhymes with it and I have hit the 13 onoff with recoil quite a bit. I've never found fighting the ball for knockdowns, high arcing approaches, or touch shots so easy to execute with any other set. The minimal offset but slightly larger head size is kind of the best of both worlds. The higher CG compared to the last model may play a partial role.

The Recoil shafts have a lovely ball flight and feel, but the coolest part is how useable they are on partial swings relative to steel. Much more friendly and intuitive. I consider these a players cavity without a doubt. They've got some junk in the trunk but the topline is modest and I never get the feeling I'm swinging GI clubs.

It isn't difficult or odd to go back and forth between a blades club and the Onoff. If anything the face doesn't close as fast as a blade so it takes a bit to get used to the onoff when coming from a blade iron.

But I've had a lot of inquiries and I just call this set fun. Like the kind you want to beat balls til you're so sore you can barely swing and you've got blisters that not only formed but ruptured. That's happened twice now with the Onoffs/Recoils.

Appreciate the feedback "Rhymes With Tat". Is that your Native American name?

I'm still having issues not flighting the Personal/Recoil combo so still a little concerned.

Edited by RIduffer

Appreciate the feedback "Rhymes With Tat". Is that your Native American name?

I'm still having issues not flighting the Personal/Recoil combo so still a little concerned.

Personals launch higher for me with Aerotechs than onoffs with recoils-it isn't really close either.

My Native American name is Chief Runs on Three Legs

Personals launch higher for me with Aerotechs than onoffs with recoils-it isn't really close either.

My Native American name is Chief Runs on Three Legs

You have a cane? I know you as aid you were recovering from injuries but but did t know it was that bad...

;)

Matt,

Which iron are you leaning towards for this season??

so far i havent seen anything that will replace my miura 501s with modus3..especially the looks at address is perfect to my eye.

Matt,

Which iron are you leaning towards for this season??

Now that I got the shaft figured out in the onoffs I'm pretty enthralled. Might sound weird but I'm thinking of making a combo with them for fun with an 8-9-P RomaRo Pro Forged.

I am curious about the onoff's after reading the reviews, I may order a set in the near future. So far, the personal's are fun to hit and I don't know if I should be thinking about other irons. :p

I will be playing my original VG3's as well! 3rd season! Am interested in new Romaro R's though

I am going on my 2nd Season w the '10 VG3s as well

I'll be gaming my Srixon Pro 100's.

If I could choose to game something else, it wouldn't be anything new for 2013. I lust for the PRGR TR500 irons from a couple of years ago. Anyone got any of these and can you send me some pictures? They are truly beautiful. I'd love to have a blast with them shafted with high end graphite shafts

They're nearly as beautiful as Kelly Brook! I need some relief..............

I have the 4-PW inc the gap, sand and lob wedge.

Honestly the best kept secret and under rated irons over the last several years. The feedback with

these are amazing. You know exactly where you hit it without looking at the face of the club.

Look like a small blade at address.

I'll take some pics.

I just put my combo AFTour/302 set in the bag for a few rounds. They might just stay for awhile.

Seems as though they don't like living in the dark with the rest of the sets not in use. They keep

knocking the pins down they're not going to have to!!!

Edited by idrive

Jeez idrive, you have my perfect set of irons. Post or send me some pics when you can. PM me for email address.

Vote cast for the arsenal… If only the arrows made the archer better, perhaps I should switch to SGI arrows from the ones I use now...

Yam Tour

RomaRo Pro

Personals

Other(TS 905)

Played today with the Personals. They need to go, will post an ad when I get back from vaca. While I know distance is just a number, I can't get past the mental hurdle of 2 clubs stronger to get the same distance.

I.e you'd be taking a 7i personal to get 9i distance comparable with your other sets?

I.e you'd be taking a 7i personal to get 9i distance comparable with your other sets?

Pretty much... I would need to take a little off from full but that is the picture. 156 yd 90% 7 iron vs a full 9 iron lite 8. Had a couple of 215 yd approach shots and couldn't get there with a full 3 iron. Very depressing and called me to question myself on many shots today. Feel is good distance on the other hand...

I take it that all the lofts are similar too, as in 7i personal to 7i RomaRo etc?

I take it that all the lofts are similar too, as in 7i personal to 7i RomaRo etc?

Pretty sure they are. Or at least very close...

Feeling the ball on the face when striking the ball, these just might be #1

post-9287-0-39089000-1363498476.jpg

post-9287-0-68415700-1363498492.jpg

post-9287-0-36807100-1363498549.jpg

post-9287-0-33619200-1363498599.jpg

Jeff... i ve been eyeing these things off.................. the best looking Pr-GR iron i ve seen nad ive been a hoooooooooooooooge prgr iron fan. they were the brand that got me in to JDM in the first palce.

beautiful looking sticks

B.e.a.utiful Jeff. They would look great in Jays Yamaha bag in the BST.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.