Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vanla01

Which iron will you be playing for 2013??

Irons in play for 2013 season   91 members have voted

1. 1. What irons will you be playing for this 2013 season ??

• Tourstage x- blade 909 MB
    • 2013 Yamaha V forgedTour model
    • Romaro Pro forged
    • Yamaha V forged
    • Epon personal
    • 2013 Onoff Forged
    • Fournteen FH1000
    • Romaro Ray H forged
    • Yamaha V forged
    • Romaro Ray V forged
    • 2011 onoff forged
    • other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

83 posts in this topic

Think the ball played a role in the distance loss. Played again today with a TS X01 Solid and was only down 1 club length. Think they still need to get gone from the rotation though...

I'm playing kinda JDM irons. Callaway TA x-protos. i've heard these are japanese forged, but never truly figured out. I bought a set of miura 5002 mbs last year, but have bad shafts in them (px5.5). Like to get them reshafted and give them a shot.

I'm playing kinda JDM irons. Callaway TA x-protos. i've heard these are japanese forged, but never truly figured out. I bought a set of miura 5002 mbs last year, but have bad shafts in them (px5.5). Like to get them reshafted and give them a shot.

What is your swing speed?

What is your swing speed?

Been a while since I've had my 5iron clocked. Thinking between 85-90. Driver is 103 - 109. I'd say I probably go at it at 105ish most times. I have px6.0 flighted in the x-protos and have x100s in my tourstage wedges. I like the px6.0, don't seem to have a balloon effect for me. With the px5.5, I can see it balloon if I go after it.

TS 909's w/ Fujikura MCI's coming soon to a bag near me.

TS 909's w/ Fujikura MCI's coming soon to a bag near me.

Will be curious on your impressions with the MCIs. I have Recoils in mine and they are a stellar combo.

2013 Onoffs with Modus 130s, so sweet.

A rotation of course between:

1. 2010 Yamaha forged irons

2. RomaRo H irons

3. Miura 501 irons

And yes, the Yamaha irons are my favorite.

Will be curious on your impressions with the MCIs. I have Recoils in mine and they are a stellar combo.

I had taken note of your Recoils and the positives you had to say about them. That was part of my decision to go with the MCI's. I was intrigued and inspired by all the input about Aerotechs as well. The MCI's were suggested to me by Tario. It was between all three and just on a hunch I decided to go with the MCI's. I do hope they are as good as I'm anticipating.

Edited by Blader-X

At this point it looks like the ONOFF Forged, If I need something smaller I'll pick up some SYD GT-S heads.

Still playing my Epon AF-301's, since March 2008, so 5 years and counting. :-o

I have changed out the shafts from satin PX to KBS C-Tapers, though.

Added the 2010 Yamaha tours, I tried Doc's and really liked them. Thanks to Rich for my set.

This season, I am playing the Epon af302 in copper finish with the Recoil 110 F4 tipped one inch. So far, so good. Still early as I haven't got to play very much, but this is looking like a long term set. Hard to choose between this and my Miuras; two great sets, that I plan to keep for a long time.

Mizuno JPX-800 Pro 4-pw. Recently scored them on EBay, had my first round with them today and am VERY happy with them.

Edited by Gaijin_Golfer

just got the 2013 onoff forged. Plays like epon 502 in many ways. Though i think my shaft kills the feel - kbs ctaper R+. Any suggestions ?

Previously had yammy 2012 tours + PXi in the bag

Gaming crazy mb! Not on te list sadly.

just got the 2013 onoff forged. Plays like epon 502 in many ways. Though i think my shaft kills the feel - kbs ctaper R+. Any suggestions ?

If you just got them give it more time, I have the exact same setup you do in stiff flex and they feel marvelous! Perhaps an 8 rounds settle in period and if they don't behave by then pass them on.

Way better than 502s, modus 130s in mine, really good.

I've been playing Titleist 762's for about 6 years and am now have S-Yard GT-S irons in the bag. The Titleists offered great feel, an awesome sound and plenty of distance. However, after two or three practice sessions with the GT-Ss I cannot go back to the 762s. The sound is crisper, there was no loss in distance, they felt great and I've had to improve my golf swing since I tend to get aggressive through the ball which leads to mis**ts. Additionally, I feel that I can work the ball a bit more with the GT-Ss.

If you just got them give it more time, I have the exact same setup you do in stiff flex and they feel marvelous! Perhaps an 8 rounds settle in period and if they don't behave by then pass them on.

the onoff heads are unbelievable ! I think i got used to the PXis, hence the ctapers felt stiff. But i must say the ctapers plays great into the wind compared to pxi. Yep, will bash it about for couple more rounds & see.

Way better than 502s, modus 130s in mine, really good.

Modus 130 = 130grams ? How are the profiles like ie kick, launch etc vs other shafts, in your opinion ?

Thks !

absolutely right ! Played apx 10 rounds now on my onoff + ctaper. Its come in real good - laser like into the green from 190 yards, with baby fade.

Love it !

Vote changed to George Spirits Mono 3D w/ Recoils!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.