Welcome to Japanese Golf Clubs at Golf To Impress

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

vanla01

Which iron will you be playing for 2013??

Irons in play for 2013 season   91 members have voted

1. 1. What irons will you be playing for this 2013 season ??

• Tourstage x- blade 909 MB
    • 2013 Yamaha V forgedTour model
    • Romaro Pro forged
    • Yamaha V forged
    • Epon personal
    • 2013 Onoff Forged
    • Fournteen FH1000
    • Romaro Ray H forged
    • Yamaha V forged
    • Romaro Ray V forged
    • 2011 onoff forged
    • other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

83 posts in this topic

Feeling the ball on the face when striking the ball, these just might be #1

post-9287-0-39089000-1363498476.jpg

post-9287-0-36807100-1363498549.jpg

VERY NICE! :tsg_smiley_drool:

Tourstage 709MC with MCI Protos. Unreal. Perfect ball flight every time. Workable, not even sure why but these are the longest irons I've ever hit (I've had to adjust my distances lately because the ball just rockets off the face with these. It sounds like classic bulls**t I s**t you not, it's stupid. 8 iron 210 yards type stuff). Feel is great on flush shots and not nearly as harsh as I was told, on mis**ts. Beautiful at address. Best iron/shaft combo I've ever played.

Tourstage 709MC with MCI Protos. Unreal. Perfect ball flight every time. Workable, not even sure why but these are the longest irons I've ever hit (I've had to adjust my distances lately because the ball just rockets off the face with these. It sounds like classic bulls**t I s**t you not, it's stupid. 8 iron 210 yards type stuff). Feel is great on flush shots and not nearly as harsh as I was told, on mis**ts. Beautiful at address. Best iron/shaft combo I've ever played.

There's some mojo in the MCI. I've squeezed out a few more meters in my EGG UT with the MCI 1 iron shaft in it.

I would echo the positive reaction to the MCI shafts. I had my Miuras reshafted by Goodsie with them, and have been playing them this week for the first time. Not only long, but incredibly stable. I was able to work the ball both ways with ease, and the accuracy of my shots was what jumped off at me most. (Felt like Dufner on several of my approaches... <g>) I'm sure some of this has to do with the fine tuning of Goodsie's handiwork -- actually probably a lot of it! -- but personally, I like that it's working with the lightness of these shafts. I've tried light before and did not find this kind of control AND distance. Something always seemed to be given up with the loss of mass. Not with these tuned MCI's. Thanks to the many TSG'ers who steered me toward both the shaft and to Goodsie, who will be my man for club work going forward from here for sure!

I would echo the positive reaction to the MCI shafts. I had my Miuras reshafted by Goodsie with them, and have been playing them this week for the first time. Not only long, but incredibly stable. I was able to work the ball both ways with ease, and the accuracy of my shots was what jumped off at me most. (Felt like Dufner on several of my approaches... ) I'm sure some of this has to do with the fine tuning of Goodsie's handiwork -- actually probably a lot of it! -- but personally, I like that it's working with the lightness of these shafts. I've tried light before and did not find this kind of control AND distance. Something always seemed to be given up with the loss of mass. Not with these tuned MCI's. Thanks to the many TSG'ers who steered me toward both the shaft and to Goodsie, who will be my man for club work going forward from here for sure!

Good to hear these working out. When you can, please give a full review against your previous shafts.

The MCI's are really sweet aren't they?

Paired with the TS 909's are the best irons I've hit to date. My lord are they unbelievable.

My Mizuno Craft MP-64s (w-grind, twighlight, no paintfill) are shipped! Going from off-the-rack MP-64s to Craft 64s this year. Nothing like a mid-summer's full bag overhaul!

Modus 130 = 130grams ? How are the profiles like ie kick, launch etc vs other shafts, in your opinion ?

Thks !

High launch, great no or down wind. Into they weren't good for me, I found that out in Hawaii. Have C tapers now much better for me.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.