S-Yard t.388 vs Epon Zero (which to choose)

604_skyline

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are we trying to answer this for you or for our own games? if for you, what are your needs, what's your swing speed, how proficient are you with the driver, etc?

Edited by chiromikey

swing speed 110mph, quick-ish tempo (think nick price), driver is strong suit, play or have recently played tourstage j340, titleist 983E tour head, tourstage p02-6

Zero for feel and you like a slightly larger head.

S-Yard for small head and über control.

Don't know about the S-Yard, but I have the Zero. Zero is a very very not forgiving head and quite difficult to launch (even it's 10 degree). The feel on the head is very nice, but now i'm not gaming it anymore. Hard to get a consistent hit on this head. I swing around 125mph and still find this head hard to play.

hope this is not over stepping any bounds, but which one, if you could only have one driver the rest of the year? or should I be looking at something from jbeam?

or you should be looking at Mizuno 611, especially if prone to too much right to left ball flight.

If you are a very strong player, or naturally have a high launch angle, then consider the Zero... but it is very, very low spin - and can be far too low spin for many/some golfers.

I would say the Zero was certainly not made for the mainstream player.

I don't think anyone who doesn't most always hit the sweet spot (unforgiving), have a very high

swing speed, should even be considering this head.

Don't know about the S-Yard, but I have the Zero. Zero is a very very not forgiving head and quite difficult to launch (even it's 10 degree). The feel on the head is very nice, but now i'm not gaming it anymore. Hard to get a consistent hit on this head. I swing around 125mph and still find this head hard to play.

I find the exact opposite, I swing no where near 125mph. I find zero is pretty easy to play with. Maybe come down a flex? I shafted it with 519 75s and found it difficult to get consistency. Then bb6s, better. Now diamana X even better. Come down a flex and you start loving the zero again.

I would say the Zero was certainly not made for the mainstream player.

I don't think anyone who doesn't most always hit the sweet spot (unforgiving), have a very high

swing speed, should even be considering this head.

I would second that...never played with a driver that was so brutally unforgiving and driving is my strong suit. Played it with a bunch of shafts and still no love. Low flying bullets then way right, way left, short and uninspiring.

I was at the range today (heavy rain and wind against) and the Zero was just superb, my swing is nowhere near 125 mph (and to be honest not many peoples are) but the feel, distance and forgiveness of this club for me is superb.

I think the 105 mph speed is a marketing ploy as the man in the next bay was trying out the new Nike driver but was not happy, I gave him mine and although he uses R shafts he was able to hit really nice shots just a wee bit shorter than the Nike, the shot shape was far superior and he was surprised how soft it felt.

He gave me the Nike to hit, not good, not good at all.

I was thinking about getting the S-Yard but cannot think of any good reasons why.

I was at the range today (heavy rain and wind against) and the Zero was just superb, my swing is nowhere near 125 mph (and to be honest not many peoples are) but the feel, distance and forgiveness of this club for me is superb.

I think the 105 mph speed is a marketing ploy as the man in the next bay was trying out the new Nike driver but was not happy, I gave him mine and although he uses R shafts he was able to hit really nice shots just a wee bit shorter than the Nike, the shot shape was far superior and he was surprised how soft it felt.

He gave me the Nike to hit, not good, not good at all.

I was thinking about getting the S-Yard but cannot think of any good reasons why.

Cos the S-yard is amazing... honest Gov.

The percentage of customers that went ZERO and sold it right away is pretty high. Only a couple of guys keep it around and its still not as a daily gamer.

T.388 on the other hand we have customers who are on their second head and wouldn't give it up for anything. I just happen to be in that same boat as well.

It's much more user friendly and get's loads of roll.

The percentage of customers that went ZERO and sold it right away is pretty high. Only a couple of guys keep it around and its still not as a daily gamer.

T.388 on the other hand we have customers who are on their second head and wouldn't give it up for anything. I just happen to be in that same boat as well.

It's much more user friendly and get's loads of roll.

Ok, send me a demo, if its better than the Zero (for me), I will buy it and post a glowing review, if not, I will send it back.

The Zero, is my keeper and daily gamer, so is this the exception that proves the rule?

Balls in your court.

Edited by ukok

I much prefer the pear shaped head shape, I know it maybe just the pics but the s-yard/jbeam and crazy heads just look too round to me, is it just my eyes?

that is why I am leaning towards the zero...

T.388 is quite the pear shape and small.

post-8383-0-31748800-1363786143.jpg

Ok, send me a demo, if its better than the Zero (for me), I will buy it and post a glowing review, if not, I will send it back.

The Zero, is my keeper and daily gamer, so is this the exception that proves the rule?

Balls in your court.

No doubt an exception to every rule. I wish I was the exception along with you.

Unfortunately I don't have the swing speed for it, but then they weren't making

it for guys like me. Just like the AF103 is. What shaft are you playing in it?

Edited by idrive

T.

Thanks for the pic, the head is just about perfect upon further look, minus the matte finish(i am sure i am in the minority on this one) I just would wish for a nice simple gloss black head, I guess it could not be painted could it?

You could definitely get the head repainted, but the matte finish is actually quite nice in person...

i like the matt finish actually. no glare.no fuss. looks good

even tho this is pear shaped and a kinda horizontal long elongate horse shape face.

which normally i hate in a driver.

this gets to the middle of the ball a lot more than i thought it wud.

maybe bec the head is so small overall.

i had a great session with it yesterday. flight is lower than my jbeam 435

and similar to the zero.

got htis out the midle more than the zero.

but whn u get the zer ojust right

its the best there is.

best ive ever hit.

just dont like its face shape. i wish it was a bit more like the kamui pro shape.

if it was

oh brother therd be all my drivers on BST.

Tae has 435R. He told me it's about the same distance as 435 but more forgiveness but let's hear directly from him.

Mark

Thats what I'm looking for. Last week I took out the Jbeam 425 Tour I shafted with a BB-6 stiff, It was less forgiving than the T.388 but to my surprise it was also straighter with equal to more roll which are the two main things I like about the SYD.

Thats what I'm looking for. Last week I took out the Jbeam 425 Tour I shafted with a BB-6 stiff, It was less forgiving than the T.388 but to my surprise it was also straighter with equal to more roll which are the two main things I like about the SYD.

Does this mean your S-Yard, will be on the BST forum together with the umpteen other ones there?