S-Yard t.388 vs Epon Zero (which to choose)

604_skyline

If I recall correctly, the zen is for swings 105 and up (the pro shop was pretty clear about that) Those swing speeds are no more than 100.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows the thickness of these two? Romaro 460HX is 3.2 mm at centre and Craft 611 is 3.4mm ( or maybe 3.6 mm). Would like to know which will be easier to maneuver without 100+ mph swing speed.

If I recall correctly, the zen is for swings 105 and up (the pro shop was pretty clear about that) Those swing speeds are no more than 100.

How do you control distance on the greens with your putter having that kind of SS?

Now assuming you meant to type Zero, then I have been thinking along similar lines. I thought the Zero was a high SS design, not that +100 is slow but would not classify it as high either...

How do you control distance on the greens with your putter having that kind of SS?

Now assuming you meant to type Zero, then I have been thinking along similar lines. I thought the Zero was a high SS design, not that +100 is slow but would not classify it as high either...

Haha! I meant zero.

thats the thing i was trying to explain in my previous posts, i dont think those are real club head speeds as measured. they look like they are calculated from 1.48 constant and measured ball speed. for example if the tester was in reality making a less solid contact with say smash factor of 1.40 on average then that would have been 105+ club head speed. since 1.48 is constant there for every single shot i dont trust those club head speed numbers. for example that slice with jbeam, i think the tester stepped on it and club head speed was actually higher than calculated but thats just a guess. anyways, the only interesting numbers to me were those related to spin and trajectory. there is nothing in there that solidly can point that one head is hotter than the other. forgiving, maybe but we already heard that from reviews and feedback posted here.

really.................

well lets see what a real test is like on saturday shall we

between the same shaft

and the syard jbeam and epon zero.

i just happen to have them all shafted with the diamana X

i dont think a basileus shafted epon VS a speeder jbeam is a fair contest to illustrate anything. execpt they are both golf clubs

i think the same shaft in these heads might be a beter illustration on a flat 290 yard driving range at the course with proper balls gents

what say u all??????

really.................

well lets see what a real test is like on saturday shall we

between the same shaft

and the syard jbeam and epon zero.

i just happen to have them all shafted with the diamana X

i dont think a basileus shafted epon VS a speeder jbeam is a fair contest to illustrate anything. execpt they are both golf clubs

i think the same shaft in these heads might be a beter illustration on a flat 290 yard driving range at the course with proper balls gents

what say u all??????

i say i can't wait!

i still don't think anything can touch the 435 for overall distance...and out of those 3, maybe even forgiveness!

what say u all??????

Perfect. The same shaft is the best way to get an honest idea.

A group of testers would be even better to get different players/swings to compare results - wish i was in Tokyo to give it a go...

discard the worst head and retry with the Miz 611 ... unless you have one of those already shafted with the X already :tsg_smilie_smile2:

hahhaha nope..

in fact my driver heads have just ended up the ryoma ,jbeam, yamahah tour , kamui pro. and maruman

thast is .

I can't wait to try the Zero!

Remind me what loft the Zero is again please?

I'd like to see trackmaster numbers for not only the same shaft, but a swing speed average of +105. +105 and a good swing. Only then will I have a proper idea.

I can't wait to try the Zero!

May 7th 2013, or sooner.

I'd like to see trackmaster numbers for not only the same shaft, but a swing speed average of +105. +105 and a good swing. Only then will I have a proper idea.

As previously stated, I think the 105 mph is a bit of an ego boost. Usually, higher swing speeds equals better players (not in my case), which is where this head it aimed at.

The Zero may loose on forgiveness but the feel is so smooooooooooth.

Edited by ukok

May 7th 2013, or sooner.

As previously stated, I think the 105 mph is a bit of an ego boost. Usually, higher swing speeds equals better players (not in my case), which is where this head it aimed at.

The Zero may loose on forgiveness but the feel is so smooooooooooth.

What shaft do you have on yours? I have the ss for it but wouldn't dream of sticking a low launch low spin shaft on it unless I really want to ruin my back for good.

I have, Chris's Zero, so all figures relate to my club. The shaft is a Basileus Z70, which, I was going to swap with a Diamana X, but after playing with it the combo suits me perfectly. Don't want to break up a good thing.

I have, Chris's Zero, so all figures relate to my club. The shaft is a Basileus Z70, which, I was going to swap with a Diamana X, but after playing with it the combo suits me perfectly. Don't want to break up a good thing.

Should be ok for me!

I'll see how it compares to my 10* yam Tour!

Should be ok for me!

I'll see how it compares to my 10* yam Tour!

Oh oh can I play?

Oh oh can I play?

Woburn, 7th May, 36 holes, Marquess and Duchess courses. Breakfast and three course lunch. Big bucks but worth it.

Oh oh can I play?

Come join us!

Ray

Mark

Me

Ian??

Come join us!

Ray

Mark

Me

Ian??

I might be able to manage it. I'll let you guys know a.s.a.p

Woburn, 7th May, 36 holes, Marquess and Duchess courses. Breakfast and three course lunch. Big bucks but worth it.

Hopefully new Toys will be making an appearance !!

If someone wants to donate a Diamana X 70s to me I can do the Zero, 388, Crazy 435 test with same shaft. Then all I need is the Mizzy on loan and can do all four.